Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 05:19 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Christianity is NOT, and never has been a religion of peace.

Oh, but most of us HAVE read the gospel, and like me have rejected it for the nonsense that it is....
Jesus said? The gospels were not written by Jesus.

The only self righteous people I know are invariable the religious, after all history shows that they have been the ones constantly judging others...We all hold ourselves accountable, as our morality comes from within ourselves the same as your does...There is very little that I consider moral in the bible, and there is a lot in that book that is considered immoral....It is almost like you have never read it....
You seem oblivious to the fact that most of the suffering, murder and genocide is done by religious people.

No, you are wrong about this, I am free of enslavement, whereas you are the one emasculated and enslaved by your beliefs.
That change will be for the better, just look at developed nations with large percentages of non religious people...Less violence, fewer people incarcerated, lower divorce rates, less children born out of wedlock, lower STD rates, etc....They are better off in every way.
Evolution has nothing whatever to do with atheism...It is science... Religion is fading away and the world is better off because of that fact.
Hey man, I appreciate your mountain photography, it's a real contribution to this forum, but you are delusional.

You have on blinders. You don't see the world for how it truly is. And I don't see how you can argue that Christianity isn't the religion of peace. Christ said himself, Turn the other cheek, love your enemies.

Is that not peaceful?

If those words don't speak to you, then you are lost, and all I can do is pray that you see the light.

But those pictures that you put up. Man, that place is beautiful. I have to admit. Is there any place in the lower 48 that can compare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 05:24 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Why don't you read the GOSPEL and see for yourself.

Is Christ not an intergral part of Christianity? The Gospel is where Christ spoke.

It's simple.
Christ did NOT speak in the gospels...

Based on the dating difficulties and other problems, many scholars and researchers over the centuries have become convinced that the gospels were not written by the people to whom they are ascribed. As can be concluded from the remarks of fundamentalist Christian and biblical scholar Dr. Craig L. Blomberg, the gospels are in fact anonymous. Indeed, the belief in the authorship of the gospels by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John is a matter of faith, as such an opinion is not merited in light of detailed textual and historical analysis. In reality, it was a fairly common practice in ancient times to attribute falsely to one person a book or letter written by another or others. The Gospel Dates | When Were the Gospels Written?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:34 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
Cuba hasn't been atheist since the 90's
China hasn't been atheist since the 60's
Vietnam has never been atheist but 85% of its population is Buddhist

Get your facts right
Facts? Lol. How many temples in Vietnam? How many in North Korea?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Facts? Lol. How many temples in Vietnam? How many in North Korea?
Lots of temples...

Famous Pagodas & Temples of Vietnam

Sacred Mountains Temples of DPRK / North Korea

Old 08-17-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Hey man, I appreciate your mountain photography, it's a real contribution to this forum, but you are delusional.

You have on blinders. You don't see the world for how it truly is. And I don't see how you can argue that Christianity isn't the religion of peace. Christ said himself, Turn the other cheek, love your enemies.

Is that not peaceful?

If those words don't speak to you, then you are lost, and all I can do is pray that you see the light.

But those pictures that you put up. Man, that place is beautiful. I have to admit. Is there any place in the lower 48 that can compare?
Glad you enjoy my photography....

So you think that I'm the one wearing blinders? Check this out, and tell me again how Christianity is peaceful.... Christian Atrocities | Victims of Christianity | Catholic Church Inquisition | Crusades

Old 08-17-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Glad you enjoy my photography....

So you think that I'm the one wearing blinders? Check this out, and tell me again how Christianity is peaceful.... Christian Atrocities | Victims of Christianity | Catholic Church Inquisition | Crusades
According to you, Christianity doesn't exist because the Gospel does not contain the words of Christ.

You can't have it both ways.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:00 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
Any in North Korea? Anyway the points is that Cuba, north Korea and China are states based on atheism as a foundation of society.
Religion officially rejected and unlike the us where presidents swear on the bible and are shown in churches religion is NOT a part of official life in any way.

You should like them. Don't you?

Old 08-17-2012, 08:05 PM

Ultimately, the foundation of Christianity is Christ. Christianity is to strive to be Christ like. Anytime we do otherwise, we are not practicing Christianity, but humanity.

It is not Christianity that is bad, but humanity.

Humanity was bad long before Christianity, and has continued to be bad long after the arrival of Christ.

We are so vain and self righteous that when God came down in human form, we killed him. Humanity managed to kill the Lord, even when his message was one of harmony and accountability.

Perhaps, people just didn't like what they heard, and it was much easier to ignore it, than let it permeate through their souls.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
According to you, Christianity doesn't exist because the Gospel does not contain the words of Christ.

You can't have it both ways.
Did I say that Christianity didn't exist? I don't remember saying that...Lot's of myths exist, Christianity is just one of them, as far as who's words are in the gospel, didn't I just provide evidence from experts that they could not have been Christ's?
It is your myth, and far be it from me to dissuade you from believing it, but after years of research trying to convince myself that god is real, all that did was convince me that there are no gods...

Old 08-17-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Any in North Korea? Anyway the points is that Cuba, north Korea and China are states based on atheism as a foundation of society.
Religion officially rejected and unlike the us where presidents swear on the bible and are shown in churches religion is NOT a part of official life in any way.

You should like them. Don't you?
News flash for ya son....The bible and religion is not a part of what you call official life in the US either...One is not required to swear on the bible to take any office, nor is it required in any court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies