Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 05:52 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
Does anyone have a link to what he said, or a link to his FB profile? The buy I searched on FB but only found pages claiming to "support" Brandon Raub, not his original page. Has FB removed it already?

On one side, you've got Momma saying her little boy is perfect, and shares a picture of him in uniform holding a puppy. That all he did was express discontent with the government. People saying things like, "Arrested for FB posts??? Big Brother! Freedom of Speech! Obama abusing Veterans!!!"

On the other side, you've got this:

If it's the former, then all the screamers are right. He was unjustly arrested. If it's the later, then, I agree that he appears to be "bat shyt crazy" and definitely needs to be evaluated by professionals.

So anyone have any real information? All I have so far is just secondhand accounts, speculation, and rumor.

[Edit]
I found a page for Brandon J. Raub, and it looks right. It's been locked to non-friends so I can't see anything. There's one public note from last November that rants against the government, but nothing arrest-worthy. Anyway, if his Momma or brother had access to his FB account (maybe through a phone or computer that was kept logged-in), I'd bet any incriminating posts have been deleted by now anyway.

[Edit2]
Found this:

This type of talk, coming from a trained combat veteran, is worthy of government attention. Especially if he was reported by someone else (no, I do NOT think the big guv'ment scans FB for posts by crazy people). His momma is screaming that her baby is innocent. What about the mommas who would have been screaming if this guy pulled an Aurora or Columbine?
The issue that I find is that if we allow this, it could happen to anybody. Where do we draw the line? What criteria can you be arrested for?

We've already seen protesters hauled off to jail, beaten, tazed, pepper sprayed. I just don't like the direction this country is headed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 05:57 PM

731 posts, read 1,579,945 times
Well, I am glad the man was taken to get mental evaluation. He is not protected by the First Amendment because when a person incites violence toward others through speech or causes a riot because of speech he is not protected. This was a public forum he posted those violent acts he was going to commit and so he was a clear and present danger to some persons in the public. Not protected by the First Amendment. My god, how can anyone call that freedom of speech?
I wonder what if any of these posters posted about James Holmes and what was reported to the Uni police by his psychiatrist or psychologist (whicheverit was) Were they aggravated because he was not addressed in any manner as a threat to any person?
Proactively addressing a danger is a lot better than hind sighting what should have been done.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
There are thousands of mentally ill people. Being anti-government doesn't change anything.
You don't have to be mentally ill to be fed up. You have to be mentally ill to NOT be fed up.

I'm a pacifist, and don't believe in using violence for influence, but I do believe things need to be changed in this country. He's a war veteran. How do you think American influenced all of these other countries?

Through violence. He's simply using what he knows. He's doing what he was taught. Maybe we need different teachers.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
People hate Obama so much that they are willing to defend someone who is threatening to kill him and cut peoples heads off just because they agree with the vets political stance.

Pathetic and scary.
I'm neutral. I voted for Obama last election. I think the guy shouldn't have been arrested.

We need to stop policing trivial things and start fixing this country. Soon we're not going to have the resources to keep a handle on our population. Riots, protest, civil unrest all cost money. We can't pay our bills as is.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:08 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why does the Obama administation hate the men and women they send to defend our republic?
Probably because the goal of the Obama administration is to end our republican form of government. They hate all that is good.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:24 PM

55 posts, read 62,992 times
obama arrest people without trial.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottonJohn View Post
obama arrest people without trial.
Remember NDAA??

It was ok when they were arresting Occupy protesters and holding them indefinitely. It's not so funny when the shoe's on the other foot.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Do you post often and don't remember what you said go back to post #29. Your rudeness is noted.....
I re-read it and I still don't know. I said that being a vet doesn't give one a free pass for anything they do later in life. You went off on how he was set-up and it was some big government conspiracy.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:03 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
what exactly did the guy say yo get hauled off by the fbi???

Old 08-18-2012, 08:32 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why does the Obama administation hate the men and women they send to defend our republic?
I see you did not listen to what the Nutcase had to say, but never pass an opportunity to play the Party Hack. If he actually killed a bunch of people you would whine about them not catching him, you know it, I know it and so do the readers here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies