Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 11:49 AM

55 posts, read 62,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This country has always been multicultural...even before the Europeans arrived, there were great differences between the various Native American cultures, or nations. Wave after wave of immigrants have left their mark on our society, including the Germans. If your kids eat Mexican food, use state names like Florida, Colorado and Montana, and use words like corral, rodeo and burro, then they're already absorbing Hispanic culture. After all, many states were under Spanish or Mexican rule first. We're all in this boat together...we can sit around arguing about who caused the hole in the hull while we sink, or we can learn to live, work and play well with others. I chose plan B long ago.
And that's the problem I have. Multiculturalism isn't for everybody. That is why some of the worst attrocities of the 20 century was due to nationalist movement rising to power. My problem is that the USA in it's entirety is going to end up as a salad bowl like california. I don't want to live around that. All the major cities int he US are turning into that. Now it's leaking into the rural areas and small town america.

Again, i know some people like diversity, but it's not for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 11:49 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Yeah, houston's always been known for being........a multicultural heaven on earth.
Actually, 100% of illegal aliens are committing at least one crime. That is why they are referred to as illegal. Now tell me something I do not know. Somehow, I have lived in Houston for 32 years without being a victim of a crime.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:51 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Where would you go? I say stay and help us fight to make America what Americans want it to be. Don't give up on your country change it's government get out and vote. We have a real problem with our youth "tuning out" I did the same thing, but now I talk to my kids friends and let them no they do matter, and they shouldn't complain unless they've tried to be part of the solution.

I'm biased we still live in the best country of all..........

Old 08-19-2012, 11:58 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Democrats (and some Republicans) fight so hard for illegal immigrants because that's a huge potential voter base. If they can get these illegal immigrants, many of whom are already on the government teat, and make them legal so they can vote well that's a whole lot of votes. Democrats are importing votes.

A friend in California told me that the illegals want to take California back. They march around with Mexican flags saying America stole the state of California and is rightfully Mexico. I think they are winning from what my friend told me. Illegals are gaining much ground with the liberal media backing them up.. Now it is an insult to even say illegal according to what MSNBC puts on as sane thinking.. We Americans are getting slaughtered and our birthright and citizenship is worth nothing anymore. Our opened borders have brought in too many illegals and Obama loves it.. he sees democrats coming here not illegals.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:01 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CottonJohn View Post
And that's the problem I have. Multiculturalism isn't for everybody. That is why some of the worst attrocities of the 20 century was due to nationalist movement rising to power. My problem is that the USA in it's entirety is going to end up as a salad bowl like california. I don't want to live around that. All the major cities int he US are turning into that. Now it's leaking into the rural areas and small town america.

Again, i know some people like diversity, but it's not for everyone.

Well, if you don't like America's past or present, chances are that you won't like America's future. I wish you luck in finding a country which has but one culture and that will accept your family. One doesn't simply pack up and move...the country of destination generally has some criteria that they expect you to meet...i.e., "How will you enrich our country?" Good luck.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:03 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
It will take more than just voting. Calling or writing your congressman on every issue you care about will do a little good. They need to be held accountable.

Numbers USA has a presentation by Roy Beck that shows how the country cannot sustain the kind of immigration we are currently having. Legal or illegal.

These immigration numbers are going to destroy this country and are not helping the other counties.

Half the problems we are having here is due to people leaving a rotten situation, instead of fighting it.

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Where would you go? I say stay and help us fight to make America what Americans want it to be. Don't give up on your country change it's government get out and vote. We have a real problem with our youth "tuning out" I did the same thing, but now I talk to my kids friends and let them no they do matter, and they shouldn't complain unless they've tried to be part of the solution.

I'm biased we still live in the best country of all..........
My My, I actually agree 100% with what you posted above.

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Yep it is bad!
When you have crap like this going on from a sitting president and elected officials.

President Obama's Perfect Plan For The Economic Decline Of America
President Obama's Perfect Plan For The Economic Decline Of America - Forbes

The Ongoing Disgrace That Is Obamanomics
The Ongoing Disgrace That Is Obamanomics - Forbes

OBAMA CAMPAIGN SUES TO RESTRICT MILITARY VOTING
Obama Campaign Sues to Restrict Military Voting

GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt, The Head Of Obama’s Jobs Council, Is Moving Jobs And Economic Infrastructure To China At A Blistering Pace
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...ring-paceWhite House

Stephanie Cutter’s appearance on Face the Nation who called Obama’s $700 billion cuts an “Achievement.”

Read more: Axelrod Calls Medicare Cuts a Lite While Cutter Calls Them An Achievement : Freedom Outpost

Black Panthers intimidating voters VIDEO
Black Panthers vs Fox News Reporter At Polling Place In Philadelphia (VIDEO)

Appends Obama Policies to Online Presidential Biographies
White House Appends Obama Policies to Online Presidential Biographies - NYTimes.com

You forgot this group:

Racist Skinheads: Understanding the Threat

Racist Skinheads: Understanding the Threat | Southern Poverty Law Center

Old 08-19-2012, 12:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
I grew up in NYC. Now that is diversity at it's finest.

I'm here in Texas now and there's no diversity. There's no salad bowl here. All we have are tomatoes and lettuce and the lettuce is taking over

Old 08-19-2012, 12:08 PM

831 posts, read 680,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Have I had it, pretty much. Especially when I read crap like this:

Flip it over OC, we need less crap, especially from the source!! him migrating elsewhere will help reduce THE crap, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies