Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2012, 03:58 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
For the record, you made a personal attack with that expletive.

Now...I actually have children; according to your posts, you do not. I had no problem with them getting sex ed at school; however, my son received actual education in Washington state. My daughter received 'abstinence only' garbage here in Indiana.

Oh yes, we talked here at home.

And you really might want to tone down the rage in your posts.
Your choice YOUR PROBLEM, NOT MINE!!!

I don't really care about your daughter unless she comes home with MY SON....

No I don't have kids, can you really blame me these days???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 04:02 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The high school that I graduated from in Washington state also taught sex-ed.

I wish I had gone to school in Indiana.
You would have loved it. My daughter went through her yearbooks to show her father and me how many of the girls were either pregnant, already had one child, or had dropped out due to pregnancy.

The numbers were STUNNING.

In her senior year, at least 20 girls were pregnant. She personally knew 5 girls who had at least two children by the time they graduated. In the year after she graduated, at least 6 of her friends who had previously planned on attending college had dismissed those plans to have babies.

City population...approx. 14,500. A church on almost every corner.

County has the highest unemployment rate.

These kids are not only bored with no prospects, they're uneducated as well (unless the parents know enough to educate them on sexuality themselves).

Abstinence-only has been an abysmal failure.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:02 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Okay, so a few questions...

1. Have you noticed an increase or decrease in teens getting pregnant?
2. Have you seen their sex ed curriculum, and did it include morality lessons? Or "sexual techniques," for that matter?
3. Has anyone been known to have sex JUST because they learned about safer sex in school?
1. No

2. The sex ed curriculum was rather broad, as for "morality" - you would have to be more specific for me to adequately answer.

3. Not to my knowledge.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:03 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Your choice YOUR PROBLEM, NOT MINE!!!

I don't really care about your daughter unless she comes home with MY SON....

No I don't have kids, can you really blame me these days???
Your ranting post is nonsensical.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:07 AM

"Home School" Keep gays at home...

NOT "Mainstream" "normal behavior" Id hope most "normal" people would agree with that???

It revolves around the idea that YOUR RESPONSIBLE for your"Kids"...

Old 08-27-2012, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
You would have loved it. My daughter went through her yearbooks to show her father and me how many of the girls were either pregnant, already had one child, or had dropped out due to pregnancy.

The numbers were STUNNING.

In her senior year, at least 20 girls were pregnant. She personally knew 5 girls who had at least two children by the time they graduated. In the year after she graduated, at least 6 of her friends who had previously planned on attending college had dismissed those plans to have babies.

City population...approx. 14,500. A church on almost every corner.

County has the highest unemployment rate.

These kids are not only bored with no prospects, they're uneducated as well (unless the parents know enough to educate them on sexuality themselves).

Abstinence-only has been an abysmal failure.
You are making an unfounded connection between the abstinence program in the schools and teen pregnancy rates. Unless you can demonstrate a cause and effect relationship between the two - your conclusion that the program is a "failure" has no substance.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:10 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
"Reliable" and "unbiased" means that it must meet with liberal approval and only present information that supports liberal conclusions.
Try again.

Must I remind you one more time what I do for a living? I know how to discern reliable/unbiased from biased, whether it supports "liberal conclusions" or not. I can look at statistics and see HIV is still most prevalent among gay men, even though it doesn't make me happy... I can look at statistics and see abortion rates are highest in California and New York, which again doesn't sit well with me. On the flip-side, I can view those same resources and see THE FACTS on sex ed & dropping teen pregnancy rates. So no matter how many lame partisan-based slams you throw out, our histories show you are the one who dismisses any source that doesn't support your position.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
On the flip-side, I can view those same resources and see THE FACTS on sex ed & dropping teen pregnancy rates. .
You haven't shown any facts about sex ed and teen pregnancy rates - you have only cited the NIH report which relies on a flimsy correlation of data - if one exists at all.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:17 AM

Im LOL'ng!!!

Were talking PREGNANCY on a GAY thread

Old 08-27-2012, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Im LOL'ng!!!

Were talking PREGNANCY on a GAY thread
Meh - I see the thread to be more about sex education in schools than homosexuality.

It may have started out about gay sex - but it has become more about the content of curriculums and their purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies