Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:25 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,028,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoD View Post
Like someone is going to admit that have a glock .40 holstered in small of their back after what occurred in colorado? If I'm armed, I tell no one!

T.
As it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 01:26 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,986,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Neither do I... except for the times when a bad guy starts shooting.

When I figure out a way to predict when that will happen, I'll make sure to carry only on that day.

Until then, I'll reserve the right to carry whenever I feel like it.

As for that faculty chairman who's so afraid of law-abiding citizens with guns... as others have said, he's free to seek employment elsewhere, with people who agree with his paranoia if that's what he wants.

IIRC, there was a large group of such people (i.e. unarmed) in a theater not too far away, in Aurora, CO, a month or so ago. How did that work out for them?
I kind of agree with you, but then look at these kids in these classes..... They didn't grow up with guns I bet, most have never shot a gun, I bet some have never seen a gun other than in movies or tv.

Their parents probably don't have guns and if they do the guns are locked up in a safe.

These are kids i bet 18 to 22 with no mil training no hunting and they hardly know what out doors IS.

The just barely legal, although I bet they think they know everything worth knowing just the same...

I don't know..........

Sure they Have the RIGHT! My question is should they enforce the Right? I have no idea how to stop all wackos and i don't think anyone does. What i see in most kids this age is bumbling blindness a total situational unawareness .

Old 08-22-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Wow. This is such a deep peak into your psyche and mentality, and where it came from, you have no idea.

First of all, America is (supposed to be anyways) a nation ruled by laws and not men. And a commercial airline pilot is an employee of an airline, and really just a bus driver who's bus simply requires more training to learn to drive. And while the "captain" of an airliner is granted certain authority for regulating the conduct of those aboard the aircraft, it is not "his plane" and he doesn't "make the rules" ... he is subject to the rules and regulations established by law and administered by the FAA. If you question that, let his "highness" attempt to order an in-flight Martini from the head steward and tell me what happens.

As for professors of a universities, they have grown so full of themselves, due in part to the leftist liberal nonsense they've been immersed in all of their lives, exacerbated no doubt by the ridiculous levels of autonomy that is granted them with tenure, that they have grown convinced that they indeed are the nation's "elite intelligencia", when all they really are, are overgrown spoiled children who made an early decision in life to never grow up and actually tackle the world as an adult. They "teach" because it's less risky and far more forgiving than actually attempting to "do", which holds the chance for failure.

But I agree that the professor in question should cancel his classes ... the students would be better off with limiting exposure to such supreme, megalomaniacal personalities.
I wish i could rep you for this. I just love scalding

Old 08-22-2012, 01:41 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,742,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
His classroom, his rules.

My dad is a retired commercial airline pilot. After 9-11 and they started allowing armed marshals and some armed pilots on planes my dad made it clear he wouldn't allow a gun his plane and would throw any armed marshal or first officer off. He's the captain - his plane, his rules.
Bull****.

Airlines plane, they would've thrown the pilot off and grounded his ass.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:50 PM

876 posts, read 709,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I kind of agree with you, but then look at these kids in these classes..... They didn't grow up with guns I bet, most have never shot a gun, I bet some have never seen a gun other than in movies or tv.

Their parents probably don't have guns and if they do the guns are locked up in a safe.

These are kids i bet 18 to 22 with no mil training no hunting and they hardly know what out doors IS.

The just barely legal, although I bet they think they know everything worth knowing just the same...

I don't know..........

Sure they Have the RIGHT! My question is should they enforce the Right? I have no idea how to stop all wackos and i don't think anyone does. What i see in most kids this age is bumbling blindness a total situational unawareness .

That is a pretty broad generalization of college kids. I have never met anyone that owns a gun that does not take learning how to handle a gun very seriously. Accidents can always happen, of course. But, I fail to believe that anyone that carries a concealed weapon doesn't know how to use it and doesn't respect it. The anti-gun people who shiver at the sight of a gun, let alone hold one, WOULD be scarey to think of using a gun. But, they would be the ones without one.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:52 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,037,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Fortunately, Ohio bans CCW on public campuses, so I'm not too worried about it.
Why is that "fortunate"? It sounds like Ohio is setting themselves up for a Virginia Tech or Columbine style massacre.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
That is a pretty broad generalization of college kids. I have never met anyone that owns a gun that does not take learning how to handle a gun very seriously. Accidents can always happen, of course. But, I fail to believe that anyone that carries a concealed weapon doesn't know how to use it and doesn't respect it. The anti-gun people who shiver at the sight of a gun, let alone hold one, WOULD be scarey to think of using a gun. But, they would be the ones without one.
Well I said i just don't know...... i don't see a lot of younger folks out shooting much. I live right by a range too, and i see the same old geezers i always see.

I attend primitive events which is like a shoot for the old age home but we dress up funny, and could use some new life. It isn't happening. I began these events about 1987 too.

I would have 0 problem in any place on Earth for younger folks who have become trained and accustomed to handle firearms with them, who know that the gun is a mechanical device that the action can not be taken back once a round is sent.

My whole point is based on unfamiliarity with basic weapons. Learning to deal with weapons isn't like most other tools, not even the tool called cars.

I have trouble seeing sometimes, and i grew up with guns and now have owned guns 54 years.

I guess it would help me if I could know those who would carry would also take a class in legal defense, and maybe a safety course as well.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:52 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,676,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by technoD View Post
Like someone is going to admit that have a glock .40 holstered in small of their back after what occurred in colorado? If I'm armed, I tell no one!

T.
Exactly.
What is he going to do? Pat everyone down before class?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:54 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,483,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well I said i just don't know...... i don't see a lot of younger folks out shooting much. I live right by a range too, and i see the same old geezers i always see.

I attend primitive events which is like a shoot for the old age home but we dress up funny, and could use some new life. It isn't happening. I began these events about 1987 too.

I would have 0 problem in any place on Earth for younger folks who have become trained and accustomed to handle firearms with them, who know that the gun is a mechanical device that the action can not be taken back once a round is sent.

My whole point is based on unfamiliarity with basic weapons. Learning to deal with weapons isn't like most other tools, not even the tool called cars.

I have trouble seeing sometimes, and i grew up with guns and now have owned guns 54 years.

I guess it would help me if I could know those who would carry would also take a class in legal defense, and maybe a safety course as well.

Always young folks at Manchester firing line. Never been to Belmont so cant comment on that.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:06 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,971,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Tenure might keep him in a job and a paycheck, but there is nothing that would keep his ignorant butt from being sued for keeping paying students from their rights.
His point is he wouldn't stop them from practicing their rights. He would stop the class and thus no one in class would get the instruction their tuition was supposed to purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies