Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 10:05 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,379,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Did not know that you are prophetic. If things go wrong, that is exactly what he will do - look for someone else to blame. As usual.
He will blame Bush. He does that for everything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I guess we really don't want to talk about the gulf coast oil spill do we??
Dammit you aren't supposed to bring up things like that in the middle of a leaner celebration. It is good that you did, though, even if it hurts the celebration.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The local FOX station already reported on places that had setup and showed film of it, this morning. Maybe you are no longer on the list or they haven't gotten to the point where they need your assistance. Personally I seriously doubt anything will be needed in the way of evacuations since this will be lucky to make to Cat 1 levels, this is nothing like what hit NO years ago.
I remember how relieved Mayor Nagins was when he heard someone say that Cat 3 would be the outer limit. He was so relieved that he put off the "get the hell out" plan that he had helped draw up just a few days too long.

It will sure be nice if the predictions are right. Is Mayor Ray still around?

Old 08-28-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Internet tough guy calling the POTUS' 14 or 11 year old daughter "pathetic", could be the most cowardly, pathetic and sad thing I have seen in C-D an that is saying a lot.
The little girl wasn't 11 yet when that bit came out in the news. I bet she knows better now.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
My my, more of the right-wing class on display, well done, keep em coming, the DNC thanks you for opening your mouth once again.
Was that reported on the national new? I remember it but maybe one of my local channels reported it.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:14 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,965,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The little girl wasn't 11 yet when that bit came out in the news. I bet she knows better now.
Which I stated later on and which makes Dale Cooper even more pathetic wouldn't you agree? Or are you for the anonymous bashing of 8-9 year old girls?

Old 08-28-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Hater's gonna hate.

But you see, it's okay to go after the president's children because they hate his policy on alternative energy. It's nothing personal against them as people. It's their policies they hate.

It makes perfect sense...if your mind is warped.
I think it was an Obama policy that was involved in his shutting down of gulf drilling even though a federal judge ordered him to give it up. I don't remember him cutting his order down though. Just one more time that his policy over rode a judge's order. Of course, you don't see him destroying our legal system in this situation, do you?

Old 08-28-2012, 10:20 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
He's the one who brought her into the conversation. He should have kept his pie hole shut.

"Daddy, did you plug the hole yet", just begs ridicule.
God, you guys are gross. You're the perfect example why I'd never vote GOP.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:24 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,960,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
God, you guys are gross. You're the perfect example why I'd never vote GOP.
Could it be that you just took his comment out of context? If so, who is gross?

Old 08-28-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Obama wasn't able to be in charge of the oil spill, the big business that runs it BP had the legal right. Ah, our real president "Mr. big business" runs that ship, and not that well I might add.

We aren't comparing a bad big business move with the former prez are we? Oh, ya, they are one in the same, I forgot. Ok then, yes, BP handled things as bad as Bush handled Katrina. I agree.

Nice Obama is taking their deep sea drilling privileges away then isn't it. BYE BYE
I would say that you failed to hear that a federal judge told Obama to back down and he failed to even consider that order. I guess that strengthens the relationship between the executive branch and the judicial branch in our government, at least in your eyes. It really did happen and Obama refused to do what the law of the US requires of him. The big bad President can do as he pleases when ordered by a judicial order to do something else. Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies