Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 12:27 PM

635 posts, read 539,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Enlightenment culture should be preserved and spread.

Westerners can in fact effectivelly spread enlightenment values around the globe. The problem with recent european history is that it is never the true motivation.

The flaw that you see today with immigration of people from backward cultures is the same as the colonial era. The true motivation is greed and exploitation. During the colonial era "civilizational uplift" was mere lip service, the real driving force was of course resouces and increased dominion relative to other european competitors. Effective imparting of modern western values could have been achieved without military colonization were it the true purpose.

Today what you see is loads of backward, low wage immigrants being brought in for cheap labor purposes. In this case, there exists an excellent opportunity to "westerninze" these people and see enlightenment values flow back into their native cultures trough them as a result, and although this has been happening to a small extent, it is not on the scale that it should or could.
One reason why, is contemporary liberalisms embrace of cultural relativism, which renders it intellectually unfashionable to speak of "modernity" and "progress" as objectively and universially applicable concepts.

This cripples them from deliberately targeting these groups for enlightenment inculcation. As a result, what you have is a few scatered, usually very highly educated intellectual sorts who become enlightened (more effective in some nations than others), but a mass of stagnantly backward people who stay tied to traditionalist thinking.

These enlightened few as a result have a more difficult task than they should in trying to change their communities and the nations of their ancestory. One need look no further than the Egyptian revolt, led by relatively modern minded urban progressives and moderates, but afterwards predictably was hijacked by islamists whos values actually are more representative of the majority of the nation outside of Cairo and Alexandria.

Certain nations (such as America) do a better job than others of integrating and "westernizing" immigrants from developing nations, but overall no nation does it adequately.

Less discrimination from the reationary right and less apoligism from the relativistic left can go a long way in my opinion to more effecively changing the trajectory of stagnant multigenerational backwardness, that cannot be allowed to continue as is.
A well reasoned post.

I think in Europe the pendulum is swinging from the left to the right - my last few visits, I've noticed more and more grumbling from the natives about immigrants, that anecdotal evidence coupled with far right parties doing better in the polls make me suspect a backlash is coming.

As for cultural relativism and integration, I always thought France went out of its way to try to "Francotize" immigrants; Liberté, égalité, fraternité and all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 12:39 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The entire Western World is in a cultural clash it MUST win. No matter the cost to those that would eliminate us. No matter the cost to ourselves. Spread freedom to think for ourselves or be crushed by the worst theocratic criminal gang ever concived. The Last Crusade has begun but we have not noticed.

I never thought I would have to write that. I regret the necessity of having to.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:21 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Race baiting. Those are my thoughts.

The US "white" murder rate is 5 per 100,000

In Sweden, with their "brown people" it's 1.2 per 100,000

Thread fail.

Oh and "rape" in Sweden has a much more broad legal definition than it does here so comparing the two statistics is pointless.
Facts don't matter to these people. Oh, and I went over to Stormfront (just to see what the nutzis were up to) a while back and found several of the threads posted here started over there. The other notable thing I saw there was that all the nutzis are telling each other to pretend to be a minority in their race baiting threads because they think the rest of us can't figure out that they're lying.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:29 PM

635 posts, read 539,496 times
Quote:

Thread fail.

Oh and "rape" in Sweden has a much more broad legal definition than it does here so comparing the two statistics is pointless.
Immigrants behind 25% of Swedish crime - The Local

Old 08-29-2012, 01:42 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I've been to Sweden at least 4 or 5 times when i lived in Europe. I'm sorry, but that place doesn't have enough crime to even talk about if you're from the United States. Even by European standards, the numbers are a joke.

What...do you expect that there should be ZERO crime? Fine, then build a utopia and live there.

But it depends on what part of the US you are looking at. For example, El Paso (0.8 per 100,000) has a lower murder rate than Sweden.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:50 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,987,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qr5667 View Post
I'd say more like 75%

Old 08-29-2012, 02:40 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I've been to Sweden at least 4 or 5 times when i lived in Europe. I'm sorry, but that place doesn't have enough crime to even talk about if you're from the United States. Even by European standards, the numbers are a joke.
Exactly, those Swedish rape victims should just shut up and count their blessings.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:57 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:

Thread fail.

The U.S. population is at around 315 million, Sweden is hovering around 9 million. The U.S. has numerous very large cities, many with very dangerous areas, Sweden does not have these large urban areas. So the murder rate in Sweden is high. This is what happens when white liberals believe all people are relatively the same, and should be treated the same. Now, Sweden must deal with a population of extremely dangerous brown skinned people who can't adapt to a free society with a high sense of morals. Also, it is a fact, tall blondes are often considered more attractive, and more desirable. Brown people are destroying Europe. In the U.S. the majority of people incarcerated are dark skinned, many not born in the U.S. Keeping white countries homogenous is the key to keeping low crime, including rape.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:01 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
But it depends on what part of the US you are looking at. For example, El Paso (0.8 per 100,000) has a lower murder rate than Sweden.
El Paso has very few black people.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:47 PM

42 posts, read 41,262 times
how multicultural is sweden?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies