Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:58 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,086,090 times

Advertisements

It would be EXTREMELY nice if we could get the big pharmaceutical lobby out of politics..... that could only help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 10:11 PM

3,622 posts, read 3,909,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
It would be EXTREMELY nice if we could get the big pharmaceutical lobby out of politics..... that could only help
Yup.

You know, back when we were being told we had to read the ACA to learn what was in it, there was a real quick way to tell it was a giant steaming pile of **** without needing to do so: merely observing the killing of the Dorgan amendment to allow the reimportation of drugs, which said everything about how it was written and for who. You want to talk about bending the cost curve? That would have, at least in the pharmaceutical realm, broken the cost curve over its knee. Of course, it didn't happen, got to keep that sweet industry money flowing to the campaign coffers somehow.........

Old 09-06-2012, 10:24 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,230,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
we need to remove government from health care and get back to a patient/doctor arraignment.
Of course liberal fools will continue to believe it can be reformed into a model of efficiency by their god, government.
Government? You think government is the cause this? Private insurance requires loads of paperwork, stupid prior auths, all kinds of overhead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
"Examples of wasteful care include most repeat colonoscopies within 10 years of a first such test ....."

I'm having one shortly. The MD who did my first 4 years go wants me to have one done every 4-5 years.

When the "18-member panel of prominent experts, including doctors, business people, and public officials" spend 30 years or so in the field of gastroentorolgy perhaps I'll take their advice.

I can think of another icon I'd like to post, but sadly it's not here.
The protocols for colonoscopies is every 10 years UNLESS there is a history of colon cancer in the family, polyps are found at a scope, etc. It's not as black and white as this article made it seem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies