Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 10:04 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
'Wingers ragging on Apple is just a bunch ideological claptrap because they're perceived as being "lib-rul". When the obvious fact is that virtually every cell phone, computer and electronic device made these days, comes from abroad, with most of it Made in China! Although who knows, maybe you just don't use cellphones, and you're actually posting here using an old Texas Instruments TI-99!
Yeah that is what it is.... I won't get gas at BP either.... they must be librul huh Mr paranoid

I do eat at McDonalds once in a while, next time I am in Bakersfield, you make sure and ask me if I want fries with that huh?

Maybe you can show me your trailer afterward.... and share some more of your great intelligence with me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 10:06 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I think you are a little confused. That is what the chamber of commerce who support the Republicans are going for...don't believe me...look at their website.
Obama is still in the process of handing out 2 million work visas to illegals -- and just why do you really think the reason for that is? Cheap labor. Put Americans out of work and give the jobs to any foreigner who'll work much cheaper. That's why.

The liberals of the USA are just like this lady -- they want to bring in unlimited numbers of cheap workers, and it's all about lowering wages.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:09 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
World's richest woman in the world is an Australian who criticized Australian miners for not working at wages similar to those in Africa. She also said if people want to be rich they should, do some real work and get off there lazy butts. Of course she does not mention, the way she got her wealth was by winning the birth lottery.

She sounds a lot like some of our Republican politicians who were born on 3rd base and thought they hit a home run.

World's richest woman lauds $2-a-day wages - Bottom Line
I'm a capitalist but she's pretty bad and has some nerve since she inherited her business.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:10 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obama is still in the process of handing out 2 million work visas to illegals -- and just why do you really think the reason for that is? Cheap labor. Put Americans out of work and give the jobs to any foreigner who'll work much cheaper. That's why.

The liberals of the USA are just like this lady -- they want to bring in unlimited numbers of cheap workers, and it's all about lowering wages.
Seriously you believe this. What Obama did was pandering for votes. Establishment Republicans love cheap labor and that is why they have the support of Chamber. If you are intellectually honest, you will agree.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:11 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm a capitalist but she's pretty bad and has some nerve since she inherited her business.
Have I entered bizarro world? I'm about to give EdwardA a rep point.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:48 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Have I entered bizarro world? I'm about to give EdwardA a rep point.
I agree, of course most corporations would love to be able to pay people $2.00 a day.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:56 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,772,309 times
In other news, Australlia suddenly raises the tax rate on the top woman earner to 99.9997%, leaving her with approximately $2 a day in profits.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:00 AM

354 posts, read 855,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

I also read some where that her kids hate her. Suppousedly she says that she will not leave the business to them even though she inherited it and her fortune from her father.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:07 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Probably true about the $2 a day until they tried to keep them when a competitor offers $2.05 a day. Or until they tried to sell their product to people that didn't have anything left over at the end of a day or month.

IMHO we have nearly unlimited immigration because we our home grown population effectively stopped expanding in the '80's and our businessmen could not figure out how to make money without population growth and the resulting increase in labor costs. We do import people to keep wages down and profits up just as we replace labor with robots. I think we should restrict unskilled immigration to a very small number of seasonal farm workers and eliminate skilled (H1b) immigration to a very small number of rare geniuses. Importing hundreds or thousands of programmers or their work in their native countries simply has to stop. That is the kind of work we do very well even if our programmers want a decent wage for their time.

First we have to figure out how to grow the value of an economy without increasing the population and then we have to let our population remain the same or, better, degrease by natural attenuation to a comfortable level of under 200 million people living without an impoverished class.

BTW - Even I cannot understand why a person would develop an attitude like this glutton.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:11 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
World's richest woman in the world is an Australian who criticized Australian miners for not working at wages similar to those in Africa. She also said if people want to be rich they should, do some real work and get off there lazy butts. Of course she does not mention, the way she got her wealth was by winning the birth lottery.

She sounds a lot like some of our Republican politicians who were born on 3rd base and thought they hit a home run.

World's richest woman lauds $2-a-day wages - Bottom Line
I just saw in the paper that a member of the 99% robbed a convenience store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies