Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I was only told there were 50.
That the human eye can perceive.

The human heart can perceive even more differences.

The book is on my to-read table. But I'm so far behind, it'll probably be 20-20 before I get to it.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:17 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
To throw up in.

Spoiler

Then stick his head in.
Can we all watch ? Will you be selling tickets or are you doing this as a philanthropic gesture, allowing us that pleasure for nothing ?!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:40 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Moosketeer - I thought I could rant. I am impressed by both the analysis and the emotion of your posts. Good work.

In my own case I have done the "manly" things like war, sex and work. I am pretty good at all of them. I just happen to prefer the company of smart, decisive and independent women. I am married to one and good friends with many more. I am a happy man. I thank all of you because a world without women would be sheer hell.
Why can't more men be like you and Baldrick. Proper,real Men with a Capital M, not afraid of strong and intelligent women. I find the trend for bimbos quite an indictment on men truth be told. And women who demean themselves thus too. Why are so many men so afraid of the women around them that they must behave like petulant ill mannered baboons ?!? I don't get it. Men and Women can make such fantastic teams when both sides work together rather than against one another. We are so much stronger when we join hands to be trite.

The funny thing is that I have never considered myself a feminist as such because to me it is the concept of equality is so ingrained in me I have never really felt I had to defend my very being as a woman. Anyone who holds sexist views has always been instantly dismissed as a loser and no more time wasted on them...

I think most people who know me would say I was very feminine in the way I present myself, I have never felt a victim and never felt opressed ( lucky me I guess) and despite some of my outbursts on this forum I am actually incredibly shy and rather reserved ( honest ). Outwardly I am pretty demure, I don't swear, don't drink , am "Ladylike" but I am certainly not a pushover and it has never occured to me that you could not be both feminine AND strong.

But then I see some of the garbage spewed by some of those posting morons and I start seeing red , and all of sudden I feel like the Barbarians truly are at the gates and as though I will explode. It must be my Red hair and French blood, all the passion rising to the top !! Add a sprinkle of Irish and Scottish blood and a little Gypsy and "Bang" !!! .

One reason I tend to avoid the religion and politics forum these days. I simply cannot comprehend how some of the posters on C-D can have reached adulthood exhibiting such levels of sheer stupidity and ignorance. The mind truly boggles.

I thought our home grown European morons were pretty bad but I have to say yours in the US are in a special class of their own. Olympians of bigotry and ignorance and masters of intellectual deficiency. Is it something in the water ? A virus ? I certainly hope it's not contagious because looking at this forum it seems to be spreading and reaching epidemic proportions...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies