Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 10:40 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,137,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Ok. I'm not going to argue this point, just want reactions. Romneys statement last night accusing the Obama administration of apologizing to the attackers was repeated today. Do you think this is his way of appeasing the Rep. pundits who say he's not being tough enough? Do you think it was appropriate? Do you think it was a mistake?

I think Romney is pulling this stuff out of his butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 10:41 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,160,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I haven't read all the pages, but let me guess what I'd find: it's Obama's fault.

Am I right? Do I win a prize?
Who's is fault is it? Isn't he the one who help get rid of Gaddafi? Didn't they say helping the "rebels" was a good thing. That they would be our allies?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:42 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,475,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Like I said, it was an outpost. The embassy is hundreds of miles from where it happened.
Still. The militants KNEW where the safehouse was.

And that's because somebody on the inside gave them that information.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:42 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Libyan officials said that 2 Marines arrived there but didn't say where they came from and those 2 died.
Libyan nationals were doing the protection. We outsourced our embassy protection to our enemy ..good Lord.
Ehhh....the embassy is in Tripoli, and it's guarded by US Marines.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:43 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,595,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Oh--I think there will be PLENTY of major print media links to back it up in the next couple of hours.
Dream on in your la la land, as usual.

Don't see too much back up here:

Romney rips Obama over US response to Libya attacks - Politics - The Boston Globe

Romney calls Obama administration response to Libya attacks ‘disgraceful’

Romney ratchets up criticism of Obama on initial response to embassy attacks - NBC Politics

Yep, just straight forward reporting on what actually happened.....which is Romney showed leadership and Obama once again showed his pandering to radicals and his foreign policy weakness.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:44 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,448,078 times
Quote:
Like I said, it was an outpost. The embassy is hundreds of miles from where it happened.
So the capital of the rebels we supported is a mere outpost?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:44 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,475,940 times
Quote:
Ehhh....the embassy is in Tripoli, and it's guarded by US Marines.
Benghazi is a consulate.

Quote:
An evacuation plane with U.S. commandos units then arrived from Tripoli to evacuate them from the house.

"It was supposed to be a secret place and we were surprised the armed groups knew about it. There was shooting," Sharif said. Two U.S. personnel were killed there, he said. Two other people were killed at the main consular building and between 12 and 17 wounded.
U.S. ambassador to Libya killed in Benghazi attack | Reuters

Old 09-12-2012, 10:45 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,595,501 times
I cannot believe, well actually I can, that Romney bots think making a statement over something that was issued by the Embassy towards the citizens of Egypt before the Ambassador got killed could actually be from the WH. Romeny is an idiot and has clue. he doesn't deserve to be President if he gonna jump to conclusions like this. He owes Obama and all of America an apology.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:46 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,595,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I agree this takes Romney off message in terms of the economy and it will be a mistake his campaign will regret in the upcoming weeks. Romney's campaign needs to realize they can't stand toe to toe with Obama in regards to foreign affairs and every day they don't talk about the economy, the better it will be for Obama. Romney's bringing foreign affairs to forefront only reminds voters how he wants to take us to war with Iran. A replay of the Bush years with Iraq.
ROFL!!!! The economy and foreign affairs are two of Obamas many weak points....probably the weakest.

Obama had ZERO foreign affairs experience coming into his presidency (community organizer and all) and will leave soon with very little experience.

Lefties sure are good for a laugh - or several.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:46 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
As more and more facts are revealed (this appears to be an organized attack by a known group) Romney is looking more and more like the fool he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies