Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 05:45 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times

Advertisements

OBAMA FLASHBACK: The Day I'm Inaugurated Muslim Hostility Will Ease

Audio of this at the link

Quote:
O -
I truly believe that the day im inaugurated not only does the country look at itself differently, the world looks at America differently. If Im reaching out to the Muslim world they understand that ive lived in a Muslim country and I may be a Christian, but I also understand their point of view.

Interviewer- Although you were a kid when you lived in Indonesia

O -
No, no, no, 'stutter' no. Well it's not just that, my sister is half Indonesian. I traveled there all the way through my college years and so Im intimately concerned with what happens in these countries and the cultures perspective these folks have. And those are powerful tools for us to be able to reach out to the world. And when you combine that with my work in the Senate Foreign Relations committee on everything from nuclear proliferation, uh to issues of genocide, then I think the world will have confidence that I am listening to them and that our future and our security is tied up with our ability to work with other countries in the world. That will ultimately make us safer.
This man is a naive narcissist. So because he spent time as a kid and went there "throughout his college years", Muslims will surely start loving us and the world will love us...finally. Hate to say it Barack, the world still doesnt love us and that shouldn't be our goal anyways. This man is so full of himself, thinking just by electing him, the world is soooo much better now.
And perhaps he should not mention time in the Senate. How long was he even in the Senate?

We arent that much safer than before he took office. We've had terrorists kill in our country (Fort Hood) and other attempts (NY City where the idiot thankfully didnt know how to set up his bomb correctly). The Middle East is still in turmoil and it is ramping up yet again. We just had 4 Americans murdered. Iran is getting closer to the nuclear bomb while we do nothing.

The world did not change Barack. You may have received a Peace prize for absolutely nothing, but the world is the way it was before you took over. And how dumb to think that because you spent time over seas, that you are just so much more qualified in healing the world.

And what exactly is "their point of view"? Please explain. Explain to us why they hate us. Explain to us how you knowing their view, suddenly has made the world better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 05:52 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
OBAMA FLASHBACK: The Day I'm Inaugurated Muslim Hostility Will Ease

Audio of this at the link

This man is a naive narcissist. So because he spent time as a kid and went there "throughout his college years", Muslims will surely start loving us and the world will love us...finally. Hate to say it Barack, the world still doesnt love us and that shouldn't be our goal anyways. This man is so full of himself, thinking just by electing him, the world is soooo much better now.
And perhaps he should not mention time in the Senate. How long was he even in the Senate?

We arent that much safer than before he took office. We've had terrorists kill in our country (Fort Hood) and other attempts (NY City where the idiot thankfully didnt know how to set up his bomb correctly). The Middle East is still in turmoil and it is ramping up yet again. We just had 4 Americans murdered. Iran is getting closer to the nuclear bomb while we do nothing.

The world did not change Barack. You may have received a Peace prize for absolutely nothing, but the world is the way it was before you took over. And how dumb to think that because you spent time over seas, that you are just so much more qualified in healing the world.

And what exactly is "their point of view"? Please explain. Explain to us why they hate us. Explain to us how you knowing their view, suddenly has made the world better?

He's "healing the world" all right - everybody knows laughter is the best medicine. They're pulling a stitch at the U.S. right now.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
He's "healing the world" all right - everybody knows laughter is the best medicine. They're pulling a stitch at the U.S. right now.

Except that it's not very funny once you get over how dumb his comments were. He truly believes this. Not only does he always believe he is the smartest guy in the room, he believes him traveling overseas during his college years, the years he drank heavily and snorted coke, that the world would think highly of us because of that.

I never heard these comments until now. Could you imagine if Romney came out today and revealed that he has a cousin or half-brother who has Afghani in her, so the world would know that he understands them and we will be favorably viewed partially due to that. The press, everyone would go bonkers over how stupid that comment is for weeks. Yet they didn't ever go after Barack for these statements.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:23 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
I wish there was a warning that would tell us when a link was to Breibart's. Now I feel like I need a shower.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
And some of these protesters consider mocking Mohammad a form of terrorism. They think they are being terrorized.

Anti-Islam Video Protests Live Blog - Al Jazeera Blogs
"We are sick and tired of everyone mocking our beloved prophet," protester Houda Dib told AFP news agency, as the crowd of about 500 gathered outside the US consulate.
"They have no right to mock our prophet. We don't go around mocking anyone's religion."
"They call us the terrorists," protester Sarah Jacob said. "But everyone is terrorising our people."

Old 09-15-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I wish there was a warning that would tell us when a link was to Breibart's. Now I feel like I need a shower.
You probably do, but I am sure it is due to other reasons. To save you some trouble in the future, move your mouse over the link and look at the bottom of your browser, it will usually show you where the link points to.

Seriously, the audio did not originate from Breitbart. It is simply a radio interview Barack did back in 2008 I believe. They posted the audio, and that is it.
I transcribed it anyways so you do not have to listen to it, but it's better to make sure I didn't just make it up, that you listen to the clip.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And some of these protesters consider mocking Mohammad a form of terrorism. They think they are being terrorized.

Anti-Islam Video Protests Live Blog - Al Jazeera Blogs
"We are sick and tired of everyone mocking our beloved prophet," protester Houda Dib told AFP news agency, as the crowd of about 500 gathered outside the US consulate.
"They have no right to mock our prophet. We don't go around mocking anyone's religion."
"They call us the terrorists," protester Sarah Jacob said. "But everyone is terrorising our people."
I still don't completely buy into this all being about a movie that has been out around the web for some time now. For the Administration to say that this isn't directed at all at the U.S., is ignorance and foolish.

If they consider that movie an act of terror, what exactly do they consider what some of their own do? You know, the killing of their own people. Blowing children, women, men up to bits.

And I wonder if the WH statement was said because they truly believe the world really looks at us better because Obama is in office??? At this point, how can Barack still believe that?

Old 09-15-2012, 06:41 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Right, because killing people over their religion is so much more benign than mocking them over it.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:45 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
And, George Bush tried to MAKE them like us by force of arms.

How did that work out?

Old 09-15-2012, 06:49 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
And, George Bush tried to MAKE them like us by force of arms.

How did that work out?
Bush tried to make them respect us enough to stay off American soil. I don't think he cared if they liked us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies