Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2012, 08:21 PM

36,667 posts, read 67,622,805 times

Advertisements

As a Mormon I see a lot of things in this article that I agree with. As a Liberal I am inclined to understand the point of view of many Liberals even though I largely disagree with them on the issues that put them them at odds with the Mormon church.

However I'm also inclined to believe that its more common to find a Mormon Democrat than it is to find a Muslim Republican, simply because the Democratic party really is a big(@ss) tent.

On the other hand, the point below from the article is EXCELLENT.

Quote:
So let's get this straight: In the consensus view of modern American liberalism, it is hilarious to mock Mormons and Mormonism but outrageous to mock Muslims and Islam. Why? Maybe it's because nobody has ever been harmed, much less killed, making fun of Mormons...
Stephens: Muslims, Mormons and Liberals - WSJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies