Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 11:29 PM

749 posts, read 839,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-goat View Post
can't we just get rid of them all somehow.

cannon fodder perhaps?
The liberals or the bums?

I vote for both....maybe getting rid of the former will take care of the latter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 11:30 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,823,553 times
Quote:
they serve no purpose whatsoever for society...
Do you understand that this is an attack on the principle of free markets?

Old 09-21-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
How many of the fine individuals chiming in on this thread about how we should dispose of the poor would you guess label themselves "pro-life?"
I'm definitely not Pro-Life....but thanks for asking.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-22-2012 at 04:57 AM..

Old 09-21-2012, 11:33 PM

32,083 posts, read 15,085,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
We just need to crack down on the tolerance of street people. No begging, no camping on the sidewalk, no sleeping in the parks, etc. What they do with it is up to them. There are some that need to be sheltered or institutionalized or hospitalized or jailed. Some that aren't even really homeless, just kids who don't want to live by the rules. I don't care what they choose to do if we have the options above available. There are always going to be people in society that can't be helped or saved, but we don't have to put them on display or let them run around like ferel animals.
Wow, really. You have no idea what homeless people go through.....lost job, lost families.....Are you that high on your horse that you don't have compassion for your fellow human being and just look down on them. Ah, you must be that 1%

Old 09-21-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I bet all the folks in this thread speculating on how to eliminate those they consider undesirable probably think they are on the expressway to the pearly gates because they worship the lord every Sunday.

I have never heard an atheist speculate on what needs to be done with any class of "undesirables".

A few years ago, groups of young men would film themselves beating homeless individuals who were attacked as they slept on the ground. It made for some great yucks on YouTube. One guy went as far as setting one man on fire on skid row in LA. Needless to say, the man died. Just like the homeless man Kelly Thomas, who was beaten to a bloody and dead pulp by the local police.

I'm sure the OP and his cohorts in this thread felt a little satisfaction after reading that last paragraph. Maybe you can each pick up a flamethrower and some baseball bats, it is Friday night, right? It will make Jesus happy.
You have now...

Your error is that you don't get around enough. You once overheard two bible thumpers lament about the homeless, and now every damned person that ******* about them MUST be church goers.

Bravo!

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-22-2012 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: language

Old 09-21-2012, 11:43 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,299,081 times
Quote:
where I live there are plenty of street bums, winos and junkies , generally stinking the place up and begging for money.

they serve no purpose whatsoever for society so what should be done with them?

most of them cannot change even if they wanted to - so should they just be shipped off to a remote island somewhere, or perhaps repatriated to a 3rd World nation (seeing as we take in a lot of trash from those parts of the world) - a kind of quid pro quo as it were.

what do all you all think?
Why don't you personally kill them, since that seems to be the upthrust of your post.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:45 PM

102 posts, read 96,621 times
whats wrong with people being happy. If some of the poor are happy being poor then why not let them be poor. I think we need an awakening we are all human and in this together we should be helping one another not subverting each other.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,299,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
We just need to crack down on the tolerance of street people. No begging, no camping on the sidewalk, no sleeping in the parks, etc. What they do with it is up to them. There are some that need to be sheltered or institutionalized or hospitalized or jailed. Some that aren't even really homeless, just kids who don't want to live by the rules. I don't care what they choose to do if we have the options above available. There are always going to be people in society that can't be helped or saved, but we don't have to put them on display or let them run around like ferel animals.
Wow, what do you want to do with them?
You're calling people "feral" animals?
You do realize that most homeless are vets and people with mental disabilities.
Your lovely Reagan took care of the latter; we all are responsible for the former.

You get to choose, do you?
Let me choose what I want for your life.
How would you like that?

Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 PM

112 posts, read 144,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadian Inserection View Post
are they not free to pursue happiness? what if pan handling is how they wish to pursue it?
seems unlikely - have you ever tried it?

doubt it's a great deal of funning sitting on the sidewalk all day hoping for spare change - that would suck I'm sure

Old 09-21-2012, 11:55 PM

112 posts, read 144,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
How many of the fine individuals chiming in on this thread about how we should dispose of the poor would you guess label themselves "pro-life?"
I'm pro-life, but not pro-bum!

there is a clear difference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies