Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 11:56 PM

112 posts, read 144,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
The liberals or the bums?

I vote for both....maybe getting rid of the former will take care of the latter?
good comment - yes , get rid of the libs and the homeless will likely sort themselves out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 11:57 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
I hate to break it to you lady, but you have no idea just how many of these people are EXACTLY where they want to be.

Why not get off YOUR high-horse and go straight down to the $h*T part of your hometown....and grab a homeless person, take them home with you, and help get them on the straight and narrow.

Until you're ready and willing to do that, keep yer yap shut and stop telling others how they should go about their own business!
And you know this, how.
Hate to break it to you fella, buy you have no idea how most of these people got there.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Wow, really. You have no idea what homeless people go through.....lost job, lost families.....Are you that high on your horse that you don't have compassion for your fellow human being and just look down on them. Ah, you must be that 1%

so what - who cares!

do you really think these bums would be handing out free lunches if they won the lottery?

doubt it somehow, they'd likely be on a drug and alcohol fuelled binge with a few street ho's, till the dough ran out!

Old 09-22-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Why don't you personally kill them, since that seems to be the upthrust of your post.
that is taking it a bit far, but I'm sure some of them could be dumped off into the 3rd World.

like I said earlier, a kind of quid pro quo.

the begging nations of the world should take our own beggars if they want the aid money to keep rolling in!

Old 09-22-2012, 12:05 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-goat View Post
I'm pro-life, but not pro-bum!

there is a clear difference
You proposed disposing of them.
Pro-life until born, eh?

Old 09-22-2012, 12:07 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Wow, really. You have no idea what homeless people go through.....lost job, lost families.....Are you that high on your horse that you don't have compassion for your fellow human being and just look down on them. Ah, you must be that 1%
We aren't talking all "homeless" as in, "I can't afford my mortage" or "I lost my job and we have to live with my mom". This was about winos, and junkies and bums was it not?

Old 09-22-2012, 12:07 AM

abortion should never be used as a contraceptive device, that is what I am saying.

slightly off-topic though.

a work house or field could be offered to some of the homeless though - ie: give them a chance to sort themselves out etc..

Old 09-22-2012, 12:09 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Wow, what do you want to do with them?
You're calling people "feral" animals?
You do realize that most homeless are vets and people with mental disabilities.
Your lovely Reagan took care of the latter; we all are responsible for the former.

You get to choose, do you?
Let me choose what I want for your life.
How would you like that?
I told you what I wanted to do with them: SHELTER, INSTITUTIONALIZE, HOSPITALIZE, JAIL. Whatever is appropriate depending on the situation. What have I missed?

Old 09-22-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
We aren't talking all "homeless" as in, "I can't afford my mortage" or "I lost my job and we have to live with my mom". This was about winos, and junkies and bums was it not?
yes it was.

it is about the true homeless, ie: those that are literally on the streets.

if you have a roof over your head, you are not homeless (unless in a night shelter or equivalent)

Old 09-22-2012, 12:10 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-goat View Post
...give them a chance to sort themselves out etc..
Sort themselves, re-educate, whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies