Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 03:19 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,931,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I never made any claim of anything, someone else did, prove it or shut it, it's just that simple. There is no purpose in anyone being born Homosexual, the parts are not meant to go together, it's really just that simple.
its not that simple.. the human mind is far more complex beyond "the parts" of the body.. the largest sex organ is the human mind..
to make this about holes and poles is very simpleton and you sound like a turd...
read more books.. and do less talking.. it will serve you better in life

Old 10-01-2012, 03:26 PM

14,583 posts, read 23,149,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
nah I like a little scientific facts when someone claims it's a fact. I haven't claimed anything i have nothing to concede, I just don't anyones word when i know better.

I can show you facts, that's not a problem.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:53 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,289,010 times
Known Homophobe and alleged ex-gay (he never confirmed that he was gay) and NARTH supporter/spokesperson, is going to sue California over the ban:

Ex-Gay Therapist Wants to Sue California for Reparative Therapy Ban

the same organization who's own leader was caught vacationing with a boy prostitute:
Christian right leader George Rekers takes vacation with "rent boy" - Page 1 - News - Miami - Miami New Times
http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2010/05...r-and-gay.html

Old 10-01-2012, 04:10 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,694,136 times
I still fail to see where sending a child to therapy even if it dosen't work can be considered abuse. How many parents have had their children removed from the home for choosing this type of therapy?

Old 10-01-2012, 04:14 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,995,243 times
Good!
It is abuse and leads to many people committing suicide.

I can't understand how this was allowed in the 1st place.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:16 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,013,153 times
Maybe ban-happy California will do the country a favor and ban itself soon.

Study claims kids do better with straight parents

Kids of Gay Parents Fare Worse, Study Finds

Old 10-01-2012, 04:21 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,289,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

Fail the study was comparing apples to oranges.

From your CBS article:

In a commentary in Slate, William Saletan writes, "What the study shows, then, is that kids from broken homes headed by gay people develop the same problems as kids from broken homes headed by straight people. But that finding isn't meaningless. It tells us something important: We need fewer broken homes among gays, just as we do among straights. We need to study Regnerus' sample and fix the mistakes we made 20 or 40 years ago."

Old 10-01-2012, 04:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,270,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

The Regnerus study? The same one that has serious flaws, and compares children of married parents to children of divorced parents?

You might want to try to find better evidence.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:38 PM

4,432 posts, read 7,006,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Known Homophobe and alleged ex-gay (he never confirmed that he was gay) and NARTH supporter/spokesperson, is going to sue California over the ban:

Ex-Gay Therapist Wants to Sue California for Reparative Therapy Ban

the same organization who's own leader was caught vacationing with a boy prostitute:
Christian right leader George Rekers takes vacation with "rent boy" - Page 1 - News - Miami - Miami New Times
Joe. My. God.: Anti-Gay Christian NARTH Leader And Gay Adoption Opponent George Rekers Found Vacationing With A Male Prostitute
I was going to rep you yet I have to spread reps before I give you one. That is sick that NARTH spokesperson was found hanging out with a rentboy. Of course I heard of another case of a exgay leader being caught in a gay bar. Ex-gay caught in gay bar -- sacked!

Old 10-01-2012, 05:22 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,149,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
I still fail to see where sending a child to therapy even if it dosen't work can be considered abuse. How many parents have had their children removed from the home for choosing this type of therapy?
If the therapist abuses the child, and the parent, knowingly, continues to send their child to said therapist, that is willful negligence.

Parents, should they be in a situation where their child gets up the courage to come out, should be adult enough to talk to their child without having the need for a therapist. I'm not saying beat them and tell them that the devil inside them needs to be released or something like that, I mean actually talk to them. Help them to try to make sure that they really are gay by asking them to open up to you. And if they are, accept them. Seriously, this is the best therapy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies