Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 11:40 AM

92 posts, read 189,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrier View Post
you would think that a geometry teacher would know how to look at all the angles.
lol!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
In the past few weeks, I've seen kids at the school where I work wear "So Far He Sucks" (meaning Obama) t-shirts. They sell them at Spencer's. Nobody's gotten in trouble, at least so far. If they would, it would probably be because of the word "sucks", not because it is anti-Obama (which is pretty much the sentiment around here).

Old 10-04-2012, 11:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
Yes, let's take one nutjob and label the entirety of Democrats with him. Makes sense.
It's not just one nutjob. I'm sure you've read plenty of other stories about some extreme political happenings in schools.

This is coming from one conservative teacher here who, even in Texas, keeps her mouth shut in the teacher's lounge during lunch when talks turn to politics.

Dems and progressives have a stronghold on education just like Repubs and conservatives have a stronghold on Wall Street. That's just the way it is.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:46 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's not just one nutjob. I'm sure you've read plenty of other stories about some extreme political happenings in schools.

This is coming from one conservative teacher here who, even in Texas, keeps her mouth shut in the teacher's lounge during lunch when talks turn to politics.

Dems and progressives have a stronghold on education just like Repubs and conservatives have a stronghold on Wall Street. That's just the way it is.
And with dems having a stronghold on our children's education nationwide, it should come as no surprise why Johnny Can't Read, and why we rank so far behind in math. They've done the typical liberal dumbing down of everything. Aim Average!!!!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Teachers should know better. Do not push religion or politics on the students and keep your own views to yourself.
This teacher needs some sensitivity training, some diversity training and some bullying training and then maybe some suspended days without pay to think about what they did.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:50 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
oy vey. as the election gets closer, the more the BS is spilled.
Did you just say something about the Pelosi that comes out of some Democrats' mouths? Yep, that teacher sure tried to pile Pelosi all over that kid.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:51 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
hardliners abound on bothsides. What is amazing is the hardliners either don't read what they post or are so blinded by their absolute loyalty to party that they can't even distinguish fact from fiction. They will cheer like drunken fans no matter what lie is spewed about the otherside.
In this case the left argues that this teachers doesn't represent the majority of those on the left.

I agree with them. This woman is a hardliner.

To hear many on the left talk Romney wants to take away womens rights, Romeny didnt pay taxes for 10 years etc.
A lie is a lie regardless who tells it or who it is about.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:

I would love to have been able to spend a little time in that lounge when I was teaching. I think some of those Obama unionists would have been really rowdy by the time they went back to class.

I pissed some off very much back in the 70s badmouthing the NEA before they admitted to being a union. Also, I didn't take Carter seriously about most things other than his failure to deal with the Iranian debacle of the time.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Teachers should know better. Do not push religion or politics on the students and keep your own views to yourself.
This teacher needs some sensitivity training, some diversity training and some bullying training and then maybe some suspended days without pay to think about what they did.
That woman will never be punished enough for what she did to that girl in the area of bullying and proselytizing. Only way to do her as she deserves would be to fire her and then some loud noises would come from the left along with legal suits by the left leaning unions.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:09 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
Yes, let's take one nutjob and label the entirety of Democrats with him. Makes sense.
Sadly it's not one nutjob, this is far from the first time we've seen reports of teachers trying to suppress speech they disagree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies