Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 01:47 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Just listen how ignorant you sound! Your father would not have been able to come over here on a visa in the first place if it was not for the struggles of the blacks in the years before he was born. WE marched, WE fought for our children to get an education, WE fought the racist in order to be able to ATTEND the very same schools that you and your ilk can come and get educated in. It was OUR fathers, brothers, uncles and cousins that were hung from trees when we dared challenged white racist authority. It was OUR families that were murdered when churches were firebombed, It was OUR relatives that were beaten by the police by racist police. Where were your people doing this time? Kissing the butts of the missionaries that were sent over to brainwash you!

Sadly you have the audacity to claim that Blacks in America had nothing to do with the success that your family is enjoying. Do you think if the blacks here would have rolled over and let the racist policies continue, do you think that they would have even let any more blacks to this country?

I have talked with some straight up racist and they made more sense than you do, with them they may not openly acknowledge the contributions of the blacks in this country but at least they do know, unlike a supposely blackman like you
And those racists that wanted to keep black people down in history were the democrats. It is documented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 01:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
We as a people have strared at everything from slavery to Jim Crow to disenfranchisment today what makes you think that we won't overcome this? Blacks in America are survivalist, why do you think they used blacks as slaves in the first place? The indentured servants could not handle it, the Native Americans would not tolerate it and the Chinese, well they came a little later on
Not totally sure the indentureds couldn't handle it: many were "white" they could run off and hide with "free" white people who wouldn't rat them out. American Indians went down fighting. Chinese had it real bad too but slavery was already illegal when they came here. Blacks; some got free by the Underground Railroad before 1865.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:17 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I hear black people use this term about someone being black but yet they are white on the inside and it is a negative used by blacks. I think it is racist to say someone is acting white.

I don't know what it fully means. Acting white is what?
Prejudiced, misimformed- probably. Racist, no. It does show the commenter's (acting white part, not the OP) narrowly defined views of self and race.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:48 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Not totally sure the indentureds couldn't handle it: many were "white" they could run off and hide with "free" white people who wouldn't rat them out. American Indians went down fighting. Chinese had it real bad too but slavery was already illegal when they came here. Blacks; some got free by the Underground Railroad before 1865.
Some Blacks got free, but most were enslaved.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:50 PM

I've always said this. You need to ask about the root of the problem. It has been mentioned that many Blacks are accused of "acting White". The question a person needs to ask is this: Where did "acting White" come from? Once you ask that, and find the answer, you are a step closer to solving the problem.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
Prejudiced, misimformed- probably. Racist, no. It does show the commenter's (acting white part, not the OP) narrowly defined views of self and race.
Making fun of someone for "acting White" is prejudiced indeed. It is also very destructive.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:22 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hullo View Post
":Actually it comes from politicians that do anything to appease their white couterparts for personal gain"
Now you know thats not true. I do agree that politicians will do anything to get elected but they wouldn't dare say anything racist even if thats what they believe. When a famous black person comes out to supposrt Republican candidates the news is always about the hate mail they get for doing so.

herman cain is the perfect example, he was paraded around like some prized pooch to say things about the president that a white politican dare not say and once he had a few rubes believing in him they got rid of him and rewarded him later with a radio station slot. Micheal Steel was another. Come to think of it they did the same thing with sarah palin in regards to women. Colin Powell was not treated the same way as cain and thomas either

"The difference between todays Democrats and Republicans is money. Republicans tend to lean towards big business and as of recently religious controls of personal freedoms. Democrats also lean to businesses that tend to deal with society ills and freedom from religios controls. Republicans have basically said that they do not like blacks and others that do not believe what they believe and make not real efforts to gain that trust. Democrats, being that there is not other viable option take the black and poor vote for granted. Republicans will cut your head off quickly but Democrats will cut you slowly and let you bleed to death"
This isn't true either. Republicans and Democrats are both about big money. When it comes to big money and big corporations there they're the same. The Democrats can try all they want to try and align themselves with the "99%" but Obama bailed out the Wall street fat cats just like Bush did and left poor families of every color to the dogs.

I will agree to a certain point, but at least the dems pretend to show some compassion to the poor and middle class, unlike the mitts of the world

"That was then, this is now. Have you failed to mention why the republicans decided to go with the "southern strategy" not once with tricky dicky but again with reagan? Why did the southern states become republicans? Could it have been because of the Civil Rights Act?"
The Civil Right Act is Republican legislation my friend.
LBJ voted against every civil rights act except that one.
Remember LBJ's plan for the Great Society was “to have them n___ers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years.”
Democrats were always against Civil Rights. The majority of them voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

I think that you mean the dixiecrats

As far as the "Southern Strategy" goes I would advise you to dive a little deeper into your research. Is it possible that you have been misinformed about the Southern Strategy my friend.

It still does not explain why the south is still overwhelmingly republican especially in Alabama, Tenn, S.C and Georgia

ps
I am not a supporter of either party.

Neither do I

Old 10-18-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
And those racists that wanted to keep black people down in history were the democrats. It is documented.
But what about now? I have not heard of any democratic governors trying to suppress any imaginary fraudlent voters?

Old 10-18-2012, 10:08 PM

I think alot of people need to see this video:

Acting white 0001 - YouTube

Old 10-19-2012, 09:09 PM

I will admit that this type of behavior happens in the black community, but does'nt happen in the white community as well when kids are being picked on for being smart nerds? I wonder why white kids are not accused of "acting Asian" when they do well in math?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies