Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2012, 07:01 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times

Advertisements

Yup, liberals sure are an evil bunch! We should all behave like religious conservatives!

One Million Moms tries to get Ellen fired because of her orientation.

Ellen gets a kid denied Eagle Scout award for his orientation a scholarship to college.

Wonder who behaved more like Jesus?

Ellen Surprises an Unpinned Gay Boy Scout With a College Scholarship

Ellen is an amazing person. God bless her! And thanks to Shutterfly for their contribution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 07:04 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,765,700 times
Good for Ellen.

As a Cub Scout Den Leader, that decision on the Eagle Scout causes me real shame.

I know that scouting does some terrific things for young kids, but it pains me that the organization has such a bigoted stance.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:07 PM

It's interesting to note too how many people in the Eagle Scouts offered to give this kid their Eagle Scout pin over this, including 50 from his own troop.

My guess is a lot of the members of the Boy Scouts oppose the organization's discrimination policy.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:08 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,325,718 times
Good for her!

Old 10-14-2012, 07:31 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Actually Ellen didn't give him a scholarship, all she did was hand him the check. Shutterfly is who actually donated the scholarship. From your own article "Ellen DeGeneres, has Ryan tell his inspirational story and then surprises him with a $20K college scholarship, a gift from Shutterfly."

How generous of her to hand over someone elses money, how very liberal of her.

I'm sure he can use the money, but organizing him getting the Eagle pin from other members of his troop might have ment more to him.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Actually Ellen didn't give him a scholarship, all she did was hand him the check. Shutterfly is who actually donated the scholarship. From your own article "Ellen DeGeneres, has Ryan tell his inspirational story and then surprises him with a $20K college scholarship, a gift from Shutterfly."

I'm sure he can use the money, but organizing him getting the Eagle pin from other members of his troop might have ment more to him.
I mentioned Shutterfly in my OP. Try working on your reading comprehension.

Last edited by Fiyero; 10-14-2012 at 09:26 PM..

Old 10-14-2012, 08:14 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post

I'm sure he can use the money, but organizing him getting the Eagle pin from other members of his troop might have meant more to him.
So, you're saying Ellen didn't make this happen. Seems like sour grapes. Seriously, Ellen is the vehicle, and she makes things happen....I think Ellen is doing a lot of really nice things for people. I wish more folks in the lime light would help others.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
So, you're saying Ellen didn't make this happen. Seems like sour grapes. Seriously, Ellen is the vehicle, and she makes things happen....I think Ellen is doing a lot of really nice things for people. I wish more folks in the lime light would help others.
The best part of what Ellen Degeneres does for others is that she doesn't do those things for only other gays. I just can't get over what she does for all people, not only gays.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:39 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
On a similar note I was going to post in thread about this Eagle Scout but it was closed.

A fellow Eagle Scout is giving his Eagle Medal to this teen.

Dr. Andrew Zerbinopolous of Jacksonville, Fla., says it isn’t fair that the Boy Scouts of America refused to give the award to 17-year-old Ryan Andresen, on the basis of his homosexuality.

Read more: Former Boy Scout sends Eagle medal to teen who was denied his own because he

“If I can make him feel like he has some support out there, it’s worth it to me to send him a piece of metal,” Zerbinopolous told First Coast News.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:50 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,399 times
if he earned it.. he should have gotten it.. good for ellen! he's just a boy.. it doesn't need to be political.. they made it political when they kept something from someone that was earned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies