Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 12:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
About the only influence any president has over gas prices is to instruct the NHTSA to review CAFE standards. And, gee, what happened last August - why, CAFE standards were reviewed and reset by the NHTSA.
Which is why I laughed so hard when Obama proclaimed that high gas prices were due to failed Presidential energy policies, and that was going to release oil from the oil reserves in order to cut the cost.

Liberals applauded the stupidity like crazy, but now all of a sudden, he's powerless..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 12:33 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Get a hybrid. 40-50MPG

Old 10-17-2012, 12:35 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,152,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Lie.. permits on public land averaged 5,000 a year under Bush, down to 4,000 a year under Obama
Actually, I was referring to production over his term and didn't correlate the previous administration and gave the reason (BP debacle), you should learn to read. If you really want to go there, this administration has in fact produced MORE than the previous administration.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:41 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,578,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Get a hybrid. 40-50MPG
getting about 49 in our prius these days fill up about 2 times a month with a 38 mile round trip commute

Old 10-17-2012, 12:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Actually, I was referring to production over his term and didn't correlate the previous administration and gave the reason (BP debacle), you should learn to read. If you really want to go there, this administration has in fact produced MORE than the previous administration.
Obama has no control over production on private lands, only public.

And you very clearly said it wasnt due to a reduction in permits, which is a LIE..

Old 10-17-2012, 12:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama always talks about how he can take credit for increasing domestic oil and gas production but Obama's administration put into effect yet another new regulation making it harder for America's oil and gas companies to increase production.

Govn Romney is right on the permits on federal land, Obama leases DOWN 42%. Oil and gas production on federal land, production is down. Within the industry Obama took away the drilling industries AND decreasing production.

Obama is NOT looking for more gas production, Obama is looking for more wind and solar with money taken from oil and gas.

And gas prices will continue to increase.
If gas prices bother you, then do something about it.

Use transport that minimizes your need for gas.

The situaion with fuel prices today has been staring us in the face for 30 years. It hasn't caught anyone by surprise.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:47 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,681,174 times
Your car could run on wind power, have you ever heard of an electric car?

One of my vehicles runs on beer, it is nice having multiple options.

Gas was over $4/gal in Aug/Sept 2008, was that Obama's fault also?

Paid $3.63 this morning so I guess it could be argued that gas prices are down since Bush.

Have you ever heard of supply & demand? I cut my personal gas consumption by 367%.

If everyone did that, can you imagine what it would do to prices vis supply and demand?

(mpg went from from 17 to 52. Total miles driven went down 17%)

Quit waiting for the government to solve your problem.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:48 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,578,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
If gas prices bother you, then do something about it.

Use transport that minimizes your need for gas.

The situaion with fuel prices today has been staring us in the face for 30 years. It hasn't caught anyone by surprise.
how do you expect me to ride around town by myself in my Escalade on 24's?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:58 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,152,217 times
Quote:
Obama has no control over production on private lands, only public.

And you very clearly said it wasnt due to a reduction in permits, which is a LIE..
This was public genius! Verified last night after the debate. It's not a lie as again, verified last night after the debate. So I'll say yet again, Romney was technically correct there were fewer permits issued but misleading. Unless you have a fact checker to contradict the fact check that was done, you're just talking to hear yourself talk.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Which is why I laughed so hard when Obama proclaimed that high gas prices were due to failed Presidential energy policies, and that was going to release oil from the oil reserves in order to cut the cost.

Liberals applauded the stupidity like crazy, but now all of a sudden, he's powerless..
LOL, you laughed too. I needed to get a drink to see if I could twist my mind around it. I made no sense to me either. Something like prices were low because the economy was bad. It's bad today so why are gas prices not low?

I repeat!

$4 - $5 Gas Prices- Obama My car doesn't run on WIND POWER
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies