Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
The one, where they don't have to defend themselves with guns.
Where would this be?
Quote:
They won't have much time, because cops will arrive in 2-5 minutes.
Um, the cops wouldnt be called until AFTER she was raped, or do you suspect a rapist would allow their victim a minute to call the police?

btw, they also show up here in 2-5 minutes, but someone needs to call and tell them a crime is taking place in order for them to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 08:46 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'm glad she was able to defend herself and if the story is accurate it's certainly no where near excessive force.

That said you hate to hear stories like this, this incident will stick with the young girl forever. Thankfully the intruder didn't die and I only say that because it would be very traumatic for the young girl.
I hope the scumbag DOES die.

I think she would encounter MUCH MORE trauma IF she had been raped and beaten.

She WILL be able to console herself knowing that she MIGHT have prevented herself from these possibilities.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:51 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Hmmmm, a 12 year old left at home alone, that says alot. In most states, it is unlawful to leave children under a certain age unattended. Parent/s should be cited for child neglect. No parent in their right mind would leave a 12 y.o. home alone. Where was mom? at the tavern? boyfriends?

I am amazed at the amount of idiotic responses on this thread, nobody has said anything logical yet, or anything that makes sense, I didn't realize there were so many gun happy, blood thirsty people here.
Speaking of idiotic responses, that one certainly was.

I am not aware of ANY state that makes it specifically illegal to leave a 12-year old alone. Most guidelines leave it to the <gasp> judgment of the parent as to whether a pre-teen possesses the maturity to handle being at home alone. Judging by how this smart, courageous, and quick thinking twelve year old acted, I would say she is more mature than a lot of twenty-somethings who live in their parent's basement.

Is this a good time to mention that I am a liberal? One who owns guns and would use one against any fool who threatens me on my own property?

Old 10-21-2012, 09:02 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I was unaware that there was no crime in Russia.
I heard there is less crime just like in China. That's the beauty of totalitarian stares. There is barely any crime and government thugs keep the streets save. You gotta watch out what you say, though.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
The story doesn't say that. children of that age should have a nanny/babysitter, because children of that age are vulnerable, some even start house fires playing with matches and lighters.

get a clue.
I hate generalities, "some". "Most" kids are responsible if taught by their parents.

I was babysitting my brothers and sisters at 12.

"Real" parents teach their children right from wrong.

I think it is YOU who needs to get a clue. By your screen name it sounds like you are very young and immature.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:04 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,067,813 times
Quote:
Where would this be?
Just about any developed country, except America.

Quote:
Um, the cops wouldnt be called until AFTER she was raped, or do you suspect a rapist would allow their victim a minute to call the police?
She had time to call her mom, and receive instructions to get a gun and hide.

To all people, who have sh.t in place of a grey matter: the absolutely best way for this girl to protect herself would be to run outside! A gun may not protect (it may even put in a much greater danger) an adult man, let alone a little girl.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:08 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,067,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
I heard there is less crime just like in China. That's the beauty of totalitarian stares. There is barely any crime and government thugs keep the streets save. You gotta watch out what you say, though.
Today Russia is almost like a US clone. Unfortunately, this applies to crime rates too. But, fortunately, violent crimes here involve vodka, not poverty and guns. So, if a 12 yo girl doesn't hang out with outclass drunks - she's not in danger.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Just about any developed country, except America.

She had time to call her mom, and receive instructions to get a gun and hide.

To all people, who have sh.t in place of a grey matter: the absolutely best way for this girl to protect herself would be to run outside! A gun may not protect (it may even put in a much greater danger) an adult man, let alone a little girl.
I find it ironic YOU want to give people advice yet YOU show more immaturity with your insulting remarks then this young girl did.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:22 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,748,737 times
the murder rate is 15 people per 100,000 in Russia, and right around 5 in the United States, yet the US has the gun problem?

Old 10-21-2012, 09:24 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
I dont live in Japan.. and neither do you I bet.. And since we dont, why dont we live in a little reality..

Effects of Gun Control
What gun control? Thousands of easily circumventable gun laws is not gun control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies