Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is America Ready for a Gay President?
Yes 20 17.09%
No 89 76.07%
Maybe a Bisexual President 8 6.84%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 11:50 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,290,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
New Zealand

Iceland

Belgium

Norway

All have or had gay prime ministers/heads of government
which new zealand pm was gay ?

Old 10-24-2012, 12:06 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Why not! we should be, sexual orientnation, has nothing to do with if the person has those qualifications needed for the job.

Is someone straight more suited for this job. Anyone with the right qualifications, and wanting to see America Great as a Country once again, deserves a shot at it.

But with small minded judgemental people no matter who they are, probably will not hapen any time soon.

And it is really sad, that we would let maybe someone great, stand in the way of a decision, based solely on sexual orientation.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:11 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Iceland has a lesbian Prime Minister

Prime Minister of Iceland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Australia has an unmarried female athiest as Prime Minister and an Asian openly lesbian Finance Minister whose partner just had a baby.
Can I ask you a serious question??

What is your dog in this fight?

Not saying you have to post in every thread or engage in all discourse on CD...But in this forum, you champion homosexuality on an almost crusade type level. And your posts are almost, or actually are, exclusively regulated to these issues.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:33 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Only a closeted Republican ***** has a chance. Historians are still divided over whether James Buchanan (15th President, 1857-61) was gay.
Heard the same about Lincoln.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:13 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Can I ask you a serious question??

What is your dog in this fight?

Not saying you have to post in every thread or engage in all discourse on CD...But in this forum, you champion homosexuality on an almost crusade type level. And your posts are almost, or actually are, exclusively regulated to these issues.
I'll let Jaymax give you more detail, but I believe she deals with these issues on a professional level as part of her job, thus letting lies, misinformation, and hate go unchallenged is something that directly affects her work.

Let me turn it around. Why do so called "heterosexuals" spend such an enormous amount of time attacking gays, homosexuality, same-sex marriage, etc. when it has no real effect on them? If they are so straight, why do they obsess about anal sex on a seemingly hourly basis and post about it in every thread that discusses gays?

Old 10-24-2012, 02:20 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,526,770 times
I'll tell you what: America would vote for a lesbian president, but not a gay man. Definitely a bisexual woman, definitely not a bisexual man. There's still a BIG difference in how acceptable woman/woman is compared to man/man. And in a female leader, being a lesbian would make them seem more manlike, and therefore unconsciously more able to lead since we still subconsciously associate the presidency with men.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:21 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Wasn't Barney Frank more than enough?

Old 10-24-2012, 02:47 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Only a closeted Republican ***** has a chance. Historians are still divided over whether James Buchanan (15th President, 1857-61) was gay.
Though there's no indication he himself was gay, Ronald Reagan's White House was considered the gayest in history. He had a gay Attorney General. Key staff were gay. Terry Dolan. And these gay leaders (many key supporters, living "bi" lives) had the run of the White House to entertain groups of fellow travelers for dinners, meetings, etc.

Romney has all the markings of a closeted gay man. And Paul Ryan gives a gay vibe. These are things my gay friends comment on. Their 'gaydar' has been pretty good in the past, and I have a pretty high degree of confidence in what they're saying.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:38 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I'll let Jaymax give you more detail, but I believe she deals with these issues on a professional level as part of her job, thus letting lies, misinformation, and hate go unchallenged is something that directly affects her work.

Let me turn it around. Why do so called "heterosexuals" spend such an enormous amount of time attacking gays, homosexuality, same-sex marriage, etc. when it has no real effect on them? If they are so straight, why do they obsess about anal sex on a seemingly hourly basis and post about it in every thread that discusses gays?
I can only speak for myself...and I chime in from time to time. I have my reservations about homosexuality and the scientific rent-seeking behind it...But I could leave well to do alone if the staunch defenders weren't so annoying and gung ho about it.

But that's just me.....

Old 10-24-2012, 04:07 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Based on some reports from the past, we have one now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies