Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 12:28 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
The US, when giving veto power to nations such as China and Russia, is ineffective. Kick them out? I don't know just yet. How about stripping China and Russia of veto powers, since they've proven to make irresponsible decisions to keep their proxies (Iran, DPRK, Syria, and etc) protected.
Ah, all the decisions by the US and "friends and allies" are responsible.
Got it.
More of the bs, you're either with us or against us garbage.

The US is wrong quite a bit of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 12:55 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
What bothers you the most about the UN? Peacekeeping duties or eradicating dreadful diseases in third world nations?

If you don't know I would be wasting my time telling you. Find out for yourself. In other words....get educated.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:13 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ah, all the decisions by the US and "friends and allies" are responsible.
Got it.
More of the bs, you're either with us or against us garbage.

The US is wrong quite a bit of the time.
I get that you are a hippie, and all, and it's "hippie-ish" to hate America, but when 30,000 civilians are being slaughtered in Syria, and when Iran continues to threaten the stability of the entire Middle-East while continuing to commit crimes against humanity against their own people, and both China and Russia issue veto votes in opposition of strict sanctions against both countries, then I think it's time to strip them of their veto powers.

Veto power should be help by morally responsible countries, or, at the very least, countries who are savagely murdering their own people.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:31 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
In case the far left lib media (whicjh is just about all of them) has neglected to tell you, the UN Human Rights Council (HRC) is dominated by Islamic Countries because as you know, when it comes to human right they're the go-to guys, just ask their women or gays.

"The Washington Free Beacon has obtained a report soon to be released by the United Nations that calls for an international campaign of legal attacks and economic warfare on a group of American companies that do business in Israel, including Hewlett-Packard, Caterpillar Inc., and Motorola Solutions Inc. The George W. Bush administration refused to participate in the HRC, but President Barack Obama joined it soon after taking office. Members of the HRC include infamous human rights abusers such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, Libya, China, and Cuba...The report attempts to instigate a campaign of boycott, divestment, sanctions, and legal action against a litany of international companies doing business in Israel."

So Obama's man on the scene is Richard falk, a college professor who posted an anti-semitic cartoon on his blog and is also a 9-11 truther (like our self-avowed Commie bud, Van Jones).

U.N.'s war on Israel puts American economy in crosshairs | Washington Free Beacon

They warn the companies that they can face legal risks and that the employees of the companies can be investigated and prosecuted for human rights violations.

When are we going to give the pukes in the UN the heave ho?
I love the persisting idea that Fox is some sort of underground rebel network, a subversive trumpeting above the "liberal establishment." New Yorkers are especially wise to this, since Fox Headquarters is right across the street from NBC smack dab in the middle of Midtown in the center of America's broadcasting hub, the most concentrated media wing of the country. It's in what is more or less the center of the western world. It's also owned by News corp, i.e. Rupert Murdoch, part of the largest media conglomerate in the world. If that's not mainstream, I don't know what is.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:47 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
Say what you wish about them, but the John Birch Society got it right half a century ago. The Birchers said "Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US." Sounds good to me.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:39 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
If you don't know I would be wasting my time telling you. Find out for yourself. In other words....get educated.
A gutless response indeed.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:13 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
I get that you are a hippie, and all, and it's "hippie-ish" to hate America, but when 30,000 civilians are being slaughtered in Syria, and when Iran continues to threaten the stability of the entire Middle-East while continuing to commit crimes against humanity against their own people, and both China and Russia issue veto votes in opposition of strict sanctions against both countries, then I think it's time to strip them of their veto powers.

Veto power should be help by morally responsible countries, or, at the very least, countries who are savagely murdering their own people.
Why the shameful personal attack on another member? furthermore, where do you get this hippies are anti-American crap?

Old 10-27-2012, 08:22 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Do AMERICANS really need to submit to what has become a high class international mafia? Do they need interlopers telling them what to do and not to do? Do Americans really need to send money to the UN so these rats can stay in nice hotels and have access to generous expense accounts...? Do you need an organization that will put Libya on a certain council and then take a civilized nation like Canada and exclude them? What the hell is that about?

The UN was a great idea 40 years ago..but it has morphed into a monster- GET RID OF THEM.

I don't see it was ever a good idea, right from the beginning.
Only a fantasy.

TIpping it over into the East River would not hurt my feelings.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:26 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Why the shameful personal attack on another member? furthermore, where do you get this hippies are anti-American crap?
"aging-hippie" is in that persons tagline. So, unless you find that person's self-proclamation of being a hippie offensive, there was no personal attack. So, please, go away.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:46 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:

Whaaah? ~ morally responsible countries ~ You're kidding us all with this, right?

ARE that wouldn't be a Freudian slip there would it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies