Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2012, 10:05 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
It's called free speech and democracy - ever heard of that?
There is no free speech on this board, it's not owned by the Government.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:12 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
I would be willing to support gay marriage if I had a guarantee that they would finally STHU about their life in general and NOT sue the Catholic Church to allow same sex marriage. But I strongly suspect that will be the first thing they will do.

Because although I completely support their civil rights, I also suspect that they love being in the news more than they love the idea of being gay. I don't think we can agree our way out of this.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I would be willing to support gay marriage if I had a guarantee that they would finally STHU about their life in general and NOT sue the Catholic Church to allow same sex marriage. But I strongly suspect that will be the first thing they will do.
Most same-sex marriage laws prevent forcing churches from performing the ceremony. The one up for vote in my state has that in the amendment. And why should gays have to shut up? They have ever right to speak up for their rights as anyone else. And I think you all are exaggerating. I work with more gay people than you will probably ever meet in your life, and none of them talk about their life constantly.

How about we compromise. Gays will shut up about who they want to marry, when the Catholic Church stops molesting children. Deal?

Old 10-27-2012, 10:25 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Most same-sex marriage laws prevent forcing churches from performing the ceremony. The one up for vote in my state has that in the amendment. And why should gays have to shut up? They have ever right to speak up for their rights as anyone else. And I think you all are exaggerating. I work with more gay people than you will probably ever meet in your life, and none of them talk about their life constantly.

How about we compromise. Gays will shut up about who they want to marry, when the Catholic Church stops molesting children. Deal?
Cheap shots will get your everywhere then I guess?

How about the Gay Marriage Agenda try helping 1/100 of the people that Catholic Charities helps every day and then we'll talk?

Old 10-27-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Cheap shots will get your everywhere then I guess?

How about the Gay Marriage Agenda try helping 1/100 of the people that Catholic Charities helps every day and then we'll talk?
When Gays have an organization with more money than God, maybe they will.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:32 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
Incest is one thing, the gay act is a diabolical act which cause's nausea to the Divine... The devils themselves despise the homosexual. They not only fail in resisting the weakness of fallen human nature, but do much worse in an act against nature. Behold a womens very inspired quote some years ago... " It is disgusting to the devils not because evil displeases them or because they find pleasure in good, but rather because their nature is angelic and flees upon seeing such a repulsive sin being committed. For while certainly it is the devil that first strikes the sinner with the poisoned arrow of concupiscence, nonetheless when a man actually carries out such a sinful act, the devil goes away" Catherine..

Old 10-27-2012, 10:33 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Incest is one thing, the gay act is a diabolical act which cause's nausea to the Divine... The devils themselves despise the homosexual. They not only fail in resisting the weakness of fallen human nature, but do much worse in an act against nature. A womens very inspired quote some years ago... " It is disgusting to the devils not because evil displeases them or because they find pleasure in good, but rather because their nature is angelic and flees upon seeing such a repulsive sin being committed. For while certainly it is the devil that first strikes the sinner with the poisoned arrow of concupiscence, nonetheless when a man actually carries out such a sinful act, the devil goes away" Catherine..

Old 10-27-2012, 10:34 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Is she cute?
lol

Old 10-27-2012, 10:47 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Incest is one thing, the gay act is a diabolical act which cause's nausea to the Divine... The devils themselves despise the homosexual. They not only fail in resisting the weakness of fallen human nature, but do much worse in an act against nature. Behold a womens very inspired quote some years ago... " It is disgusting to the devils not because evil displeases them or because they find pleasure in good, but rather because their nature is angelic and flees upon seeing such a repulsive sin being committed. For while certainly it is the devil that first strikes the sinner with the poisoned arrow of concupiscence, nonetheless when a man actually carries out such a sinful act, the devil goes away" Catherine..
Oh this logic again. So now you're saying homosexuals are the spawn of the devil, satan, etc,etc,etc? Well let's follow this logic shall we?

Homosexuals <- satan <- god

Therefore, taking out the middle-man we get:

Homosexuals <- god

So am I to understand that you are now bashing a creation of god almighty because you don't agree with it? Once again - what does god, religion, or anything else have to do with a secular, civil contract drawn up by the government or the courts?

Old 10-27-2012, 10:50 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
so can I marry my sister or not?
I don't give two hoots what you do. The more I think about the entire "marriage debate" the more I think the libertarians are right that government should GTFO of the marriage business entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies