Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 01:05 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,830,420 times

Advertisements

I believe it. This is why I was against the rebels in Libya and Egypr and am against the rebels in Syria. I prefer this part of the world to have secular dictators over Islamists running the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 01:05 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,723,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How about some credible links, would be a nice change from your (shock! shock!) anti-Obama rhetoric.
If you know so much about it, post it here.
OMG......I swear Liberals live under rocks!!!!!

MULTIPLE stories about it here on C-D and in the news!!!

Arms for Syrian rebels go mostly to jihadists – report

Jihadists Receiving Most Arms Sent to Syrian Rebels?

Arming Our Enemies

Old 10-26-2012, 01:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,035,742 times
How is this thread so silly? Go back to '11 when reuters, cbs, w. post, ny times, all covered this. Your just one with your head in the sand like a previous poster suggested. He was right.

You folks wouldn't know the truth if it hit your right in your face. Now we have prescott bush added to the fray of deflection. Good work as we all know you folks eventually find your way around to getting Bush involved. lol

Old 10-26-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
So your only source is a drug addict and alcoholic who has been a staunchly conservative pundit and hero of Rush Limbaugh for nearly 20 years?

Can you people ever have a conspiracy theory that's actually supported by a single reputable person?
Jewish Indy - Analysis: America's Mideast Allies Arming Jihadists in Syria?

Arming Our Enemies

How US Ambassador Chris Stevens May Have Been Linked To Jihadist Rebels In Syria - Business Insider

Old 10-26-2012, 01:14 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,790,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Darrel Issa, GOP chairman of the House Judiciary Committee.

You sure you want to put your eggs in that basket?

I mean, fast and furious had you Obamaphobes slobbering all over yourselves. Even got a congressional investigation... that flopped.

But now you're hoping beyond hope that this silly thing is solid.

If I recall Holder's defense went back to Bush, that F&F was established during the Bush era. What is interesting was that like Obama, Biden and Clinton, he didn't know about it until it went t*ts up.

The US may not be directly supply AQ, but we are nevertheless supplying them.

Do you really believe that all the weapons the US supplied to the Libyan rebels fell into the hands of the rebels and when it came time to turn in weapons, all the weapons were accounted for?

The US is supplying Syria with weapons (purchased with Qatar and Saudi Arabia money) and are falling into the hands of Islamist rebels.

Listen to this video. Prediction: Another Libya.

SYRIA CRISIS: US ADMITS arms sent to Syria find ISLAMIST EXTREMISTS [WEST FUND TERROR!] - YouTube

What is going on in the Middle East is very complex. In Syria you have the government army, the rebels fighting for democracy, then you have the Islamist rebels. Right now the Islamist rebels are fighting along side of the government army, and if they overtake the rebels (fighting for democracy), the Islamist rebels will then turn on the Syrian government. The Islamist rebels are well financed and well armed.

The Libyan Islamist rebels apparently were looking to cause unrest in Egypt.

Egypt seizes Libyan weapons, suspects in further sign of spreading terrorist influence - KansasCity.com

Old 10-26-2012, 01:15 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,715,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
It isn't like this is a REVELATION or anything......

We've known for some time now that Islamists were benefiting from Obama's arms shipments.

We also know that the same thing is happening in Syria.

That's what happens when you lead from behind.

Quote:

I mean, fast and furious had you Obamaphobes slobbering all over yourselves. Even got a congressional investigation... that flopped.

And if "flopped" why? Did the WH and Atty General have anything to do with refusing to release the documents that would have given us the truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How about some credible links, would be a nice change from your (shock! shock!) anti-Obama rhetoric.
If you know so much about it, post it here.
Did you miss all the links? What did you do, just pop in at the end of the thread the heckle? Go back and catch up.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:20 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,590,467 times
I think that US arms have been supplying Islamist groups since the early 80s when the CIA was funneling arms into Afghanistan to keep them fighting the Russians.

But none of the Obama-haters has a problem with Reagan.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:21 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,251,793 times
Quote:
LOL.....you can hide your head in the sand, or not...your choice.
I agree, when will the RWNJ's begin to pull it out?
Quote:

Right wing motto: "Never let a possible conspiracy to go to waste"
there you have it.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I think that US arms have been supplying Islamist groups since the early 80s when the CIA was funneling arms into Afghanistan to keep them fighting the Russians.

VERY good...at least one Lib knows some facts!!

Quote:
But none of the Obama-haters has a problem with Reagan.

Actually, Reagan was VERY careful about what arms they got.

Ever see Charlie Wilson's War? He had to BEG for them to give the Mujaheddin stinger missiles.

They were VERY selective about WHICH groups got them as well. The Taliban and Al Qaeda didn't. The Northern Alliance did.

Therefore, when we went into Afghanistan, those Northern Alliance fighters were on our side and helped us defeat the Taliban.

As you can see today, the Taliban and Al Qaeda are fighting our troops with Russian weapons, not American.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:28 PM

990 posts, read 940,666 times
Jewish Indy? Really? That's reputable? It looks like something I made on Geocities back in 1997.

Frontpagemag is as pathetic of a source as you can find. Just look at the "about" page and tell me it's not a partisan hate site designed to help tinfoil hat wearing nutjobs feel better about their irrational hatred for everything they consider "liberal".

Business Insider is a nonsense site, it's not a journalism site, it's a blog site. Nobody is an actual reporter, they are "contributors".

Again, can you people ever source a reputable site with your wild conspiracy theories? Just once I'd love to see an actual journalistic article cited in one of these idiotic threads.

I don't support Obama and am voting for Johnson, but this nonsense will certainly not take hold on me. I don't get how so many people can be so crazy to actually look at these websites and think anything other than "wow, these people are freaking insane".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies