Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 11:57 AM

78,647 posts, read 60,839,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True. Vicente Fox came right out and said it -- and followed up with a racist postal stamp -- not one black "leader" would stand up to him. Bunch of wimps -- but no one questions that they are the leaders of the blacks -- they follow them unquestioning.

Well -- except for 5-10% -- not all are mindless followers.
Well, that starts to lead to some unpleasant truths.

We had a thread here about gay marriage being voted down in California of all places and people were upset and were blaming the mormons etc....but nobody wanted to touch on Californias large catholic mexican population....nope.

The pursuit of the latino vote is pushing the democrats to the right on social issues.

The pro-illegal policies are also a boon to the rich and a kick in the nuts to the poor via job competition.

Basically, there are some groups in the US that are being thrown under the bus but the Republicans are just not a viable option. Lots of blame to go around there. <shrug>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 12:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,273,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'd be curious as to how much of the shift is due to changing US demographics as well as the economy.

Little wierd that they talk about views on blacks and hispanics by "others" but don't touch on the attitudes of say hispanics toward blacks.

I saw a racial attitude poll a couple years back and the most racist group was old white people (no big shock there) followed by various members of minority groups that harbored racist opinions but mostly towards other minorities.
My dad always says that "individuals are smart, but people are stupid "

So long as people get along on an individual basis, I don't really see why the overall picture is all that important.

And you're right about votes...its.a very short list of groups that aren't taken advantage of politically.

If whole states like Texas aren't in play, how are they any better?

Old 10-29-2012, 12:09 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,670,310 times
Everyone hates everyone...whats so hard to figure out?

Old 10-29-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True. Vicente Fox came right out and said it -- and followed up with a racist postal stamp -- not one black "leader" would stand up to him. Bunch of wimps -- but no one questions that they are the leaders of the blacks -- they follow them unquestioning.

Well -- except for 5-10% -- not all are mindless followers.
Vicente Fox is a Mexican citizen. What exactly were "black leaders" supposed to do to him? Assassinate him?

Why were blacks supposed to care about Vicente Fox...the president of a failed foreign country?

(I can't wait to read this)

Old 10-29-2012, 12:13 PM

35,770 posts, read 21,143,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Please provide a link that demonstrates that only republicans and all republicans are racist.
maybe not against blacks or hispanics maybe--but for the most part they pro companies and anti- people and always have been-

Old 10-29-2012, 12:29 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,586,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I doubt that most black folks care. I know I don't. As long as one keeps his/her negative views to themselves and doesn't let their negative feelings manifest itself around me, I couldnt possibly care less. Just stay outta my way and I'll stay outta yours.

That's simple enough...easy too.
I couldn't agree more. I have never cared if people choose to hate me due to the color of my skin, as long as they don't interfere with my life. If anything, I pity such shallow folks. Their hatred prevents them from meeting and knowing many wonderful people. Contrary to their belief, all black people are not the same. But, some have a compelling need to hate. That's their problem, not mine.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I couldn't agree more. I have never cared if people choose to hate me due to the color of my skin, as long as they don't interfere with my life. If anything, I pity such shallow folks. Their hatred prevents them from meeting and knowing many wonderful people. Contrary to their belief, all black people are not the same. But, some have a compelling need to hate. That's their problem, not mine.
Yep...that's why i say that they'd just better stay the hell out of my way and don't interfere in any way with my life. As long as there is a mutual arrangement that we can agree to, then its all good. I'll give you the same respect you give me.

Despite our personal hatreds, America would be a better place if we all lived this way.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:39 PM

78,647 posts, read 60,839,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My dad always says that "individuals are smart, but people are stupid "

So long as people get along on an individual basis, I don't really see why the overall picture is all that important.

And you're right about votes...its.a very short list of groups that aren't taken advantage of politically.

If whole states like Texas aren't in play, how are they any better?
You make a really good point about states.

You might have a state with strong ties to coal production or logging or with predominant religious ties etc.

Then on the other hand you have a few states like Florida where they actually turn the tables and get extra attention on issues like Cuba where they wouldn't if they weren't a swing state.

I suspect a lot more pork has been sliding onto the plates of certain states because of this.....

Old 10-29-2012, 12:43 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,044,767 times
The multicultural diversity that demands everyone live together and be all happy aint working out to well for the lefty utopian lunatics. lol

Old 10-29-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You make a really good point about states.

You might have a state with strong ties to coal production or logging or with predominant religious ties etc.

Then on the other hand you have a few states like Florida where they actually turn the tables and get extra attention on issues like Cuba where they wouldn't if they weren't a swing state.

I suspect a lot more pork has been sliding onto the plates of certain states because of this.....
Exactly.

The fact that one or two states are deciding this election is all the proof one needs to understand that African Americans are no different than any other group. Hell, are Wyoming or Idaho voters (nearly all white) any different?

Of course not IMO.

In fact, why should blacks in red states vote Republican if they're gonna reap the so called benefit anyway? A black Texan voting Republican would make no difference. The state will still go red without his vote.

Of course, if he/she is actually conservative, then its understandable. But otherwise, its meaningless unless they aspire to be part of the state GOP power structure. And I couldn't see that happening anyway if the state GOP doesn't really need their votes to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies