Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 05:40 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
That's the first time I have listened to Trayvon's girlfriend's testimony. One thing I noticed was she said Trayvon was rushing to get back to the apartment where his Dad, his Dad's girlfriend, and his younger brother were watching TV. Because Trayvon was ready to get going and go home to his mother's. So it contradicts what Zimmerman says about Trayvon strolling through the condo complex looking around and seemingly casing out places to burglarize.

Also, while she's on the phone with Trayvon she hears him get knocked down and say "get off of me" , so it is obvious Zimmerman jumped Trayvon. With her testimony I don't see how anyone could say Trayvon initiated any kind of attack on Zimmerman.

It is not obvious at all.

For one thing she never says she heard Trayvon say "get off of me".

At best she is coached by the prosecutor to say; "Yeah, I could hear it a little bit…”get off…get off", after previously excluding any such statement from her testimony or what was said.

It is clear that she was coached by the prosecutor to add the "get off" statement later. Her original account in this interview of what was said did not include any such statement and when she did acquiesce to adding that it was only after significant coaching by the prosecutor. Here is the relvant dialog:

Quote:
9:22
Dee Dee: So, and in a couple minutes…he say the man followin’ him again, behin’ him. And I say, ‘RUN!’ You goin’ to run? He say he not goin’ run cause…I could have known he not going to run, cause he out of breath. and then, he told me, he say this guy getting’ close to him. I told him ‘RUN!’ And then, and then… I tol’ him ‘Keep runnin’.’ He not goin’ run. And then he say…I told him, ‘Why you not runnin’? He say, ‘I’m not go’ run,’ cause he tired, but I know he tired.
BDLR: I’m sorry…Trayvon said he’s not running because…he’s not going to run he said…because you could tell he was tired?
Dee Dee: Yeah.
BDLR: Well, how could you tell he was tired?
Dee Dee: He was breathin’ hard.
BDLR: OK, real hard?
Dee Dee: Real hard.
BDLR: OK. Could you…and you may not have been able to…could you hear whether it was raining at that time or not?
Dee Dee: It was not raining, cause I hear him OK.
BDLR: OK, and when you’re telling him “Run, Run, Run”, are you yelling at him, or…
Dee Dee: I was not yelling at him…[stated emphatically and with some indignation]
BDLR: I don’t mean yelling, I mean, but were you like, were you being emphatic like…
Dee Dee: Shouting…shouting at him, yeah.
BDLR: OK..um…and then what happened?

Dee Dee: And then he told me like the guy was getting close..like..and he told me the guy was getting real close to him. The next I hear, “What are you following me for?”
BDLR: OK, so let me make sure I understand this…so, Trayvon tells you the guy’s getting closer to him…
BDLR: …and then you hear Trayvon saying something…
BDLR: And what do you hear Trayvon saying?
Dee Dee: “Why you followin’ me for?”
BDLR: “Why you following me for?”
BDLR: And then what happened?
Dee Dee: I hear this, ya know, man… it wa’ like a ol’ man…
BDLR: OK.
Dee Dee: …say, ‘Wha’ you doin’ aroun’ here?’ [mimicking a man's voice—lowering the pitch of her voice]
BDLR: OK, so you could definitely tell another voice that was not Trayvon’s.
Dee Dee: Yeah, yeah…
BDLR: And you heard this other voice say what?
Dee Dee: Yeah: “What are you doin’ aroun’ here?”
BDLR: “What are you doing around here?” OK.
Dee Dee: And I call Trayvon…’Trayvon, wha’s goin’ on, whas goin’ on?’
BDLR: This is you saying that…
Dee Dee: Then..I callin’ him…he didn’t answer.
BDLR: No answer from Trayvon.
Dee Dee: Yeah..and I hear, I hear a sound like “bump.” You cou’ hear that Trayvon bump…somebody bumped Trayvon, ’cause I could hear the grass.
BDLR: OK, so you could hear that there was something going on…
BDLR: Like something hitting something?
Dee Dee: You could hear..I could hear the grass thing.
BDLR: Out of the…
Dee Dee: Yeah…
BDLR: …I guess out of the speaker…out of the…
BDLR: OK, and then what happened?
Dee Dee: And then…I was still screaming, I was saying, ‘Trayvon, ‘ ‘Trayvon’…
BDLR: And there was no response?
Dee Dee: Yeah, and next thing I hear…and next thing, the phone just shut off.
BDLR: The phone shut off?
Dee Dee: It just shut off.
BDLR: OK, did you hear any kind of screamings like ‘Help me’ or anything like that?
Dee Dee: No.
BDLR: OK. Did you hear any kind of shot?
Dee Dee: No.
12:02
See, no mention of "get off" or "get off of me" anywhere in that. Now the heavy coaching begins.

Quote:
12:03
BDLR: OK. When the phone shut off, did you try calling back?
Dee Dee: I try calling back like 3 or 2 times.
BDLR: OK, did you ever get any response?
Dee Dee: No, and text [unintelligible]…
BDLR: OK, so the last thing you heard was some kind of noise, like something hitting somebody?
BDLR: OK, and uh…when you heard that noise…something hitting somebody…you didn’t…did you hear the man say anything, or did you hear Trayvon say anything?
Dee Dee: I can hear a little bit…[inflected to emphasize "a little bit"]
BDLR: OK, what could you hear?
Dee Dee: I could just hear like…like, it’s like…the headphone…cause the headphones, he might got off. But I can still hear a little bit…like….
BDLR: OK, what could you hear?
Dee Dee: Like a little ‘get off’ some stuff…
BDLR: You heard ‘get off’?
Dee Dee: Like a little ‘Get off’ [unintelligible—sounds like "now college"]…
BDLR: Could you tell who was saying that?
Dee Dee: I couldn’ know Trayvon.
BDLR: I’m sorry.
Dee Dee: I couldn’t hear Trayvon…Trayvon.
BDLR: OK, let me make sure I understand…you could hear Trayvon saying that?
Dee Dee: Yeah. That’s why I was calling his name.
BDLR: And he was saying what now?
Dee Dee: Like “get off.”
BDLR: “Get off?” Is that clear that you were hearing that, or you think you heard that?
Dee Dee: Yeah, I could hear it a little bit…”get off…get off,” then the phone just hung up.
13:14
Even with all of that coaching the most she could say is:

Dee Dee: "But I can still hear a little bit…like….", "Like a little ‘get off’ some stuff… ", "Like a little ‘Get off’...", "I couldn’ know Trayvon.", "I couldn’t hear Trayvon…Trayvon.", "Like “get off.”", "Yeah, I could hear it a little bit…”get off…get off,” then the phone just hung up."

" I could hear it a little bit…".

What the heck does that mean? She either heard it or she didn't, how can you hear it a little bit?

"I couldn’ know Trayvon.", "I couldn’t hear Trayvon…Trayvon."

Sounds to me like she was not hearing Trayvon.

If she heard anyone saying ”get off…get off", it was probably Zimmerman. As I recall other witnesses in the area did hear Zimmerman saying "Get off of me" or a similar statement. i don't have the quotes available right now but will look them up.

Last edited by CptnRn; 12-13-2012 at 05:50 PM..

Old 12-13-2012, 05:51 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Why is it that the Zimmerman supporters don't see a problem with Zimmerman chasing Trayvon through the complex? Why was he running after him? What do you think he intended to do when he caught up to him? Why does he feel entitled to walk up to random people and ask them what they're doing around here? He instigated this and whatever Trayvon did, he did because he was a afraid for his life. Zimmerman needs to be punished - he is not a hero and he was not standing his ground, it was the other way around. Why are some of you so willing to glorify this idiot?

Old 12-13-2012, 07:12 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Why is it that the Zimmerman supporters don't see a problem with Zimmerman chasing Trayvon through the complex? Why was he running after him? What do you think he intended to do when he caught up to him? Why does he feel entitled to walk up to random people and ask them what they're doing around here? He instigated this and whatever Trayvon did, he did because he was a afraid for his life. Zimmerman needs to be punished - he is not a hero and he was not standing his ground, it was the other way around. Why are some of you so willing to glorify this idiot?
Because, as I've said, black life means absolutely nothing to them.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:17 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,240,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post

At best she is coached by the prosecutor to say; "Yeah, I could hear it a little bit…”get off…get off", after previously excluding any such statement from her testimony or what was said.

It is clear that she was coached by the prosecutor to add the "get off" statement later. Her original account in this interview of what was said did not include any such statement and when she did acquiesce to adding that it was only after significant coaching by the prosecutor. Here is the relvant dialog:

See, no mention of "get off" or "get off of me" anywhere in that. Now the heavy coaching begins.

Dee Dee: "But I can still hear a little bit…like….", "Like a little ‘get off’ some stuff… ", "Like a little ‘Get off’...", "I couldn’ know Trayvon.", "I couldn’t hear Trayvon…Trayvon.", "Like “get off.”", "Yeah, I could hear it a little bit…”get off…get off,” then the phone just hung up."

What the heck does that mean? She either heard it or she didn't, how can you hear it a little bit?

If she heard anyone saying ”get off…get off", it was probably Zimmerman. As I recall other witnesses in the area did hear Zimmerman saying "Get off of me" or a similar statement. i don't have the quotes available right now but will look them up.
(1) I must have missed the coaching in this transcript.

(2) Dee-Dee's recollection of events, however sketchy, is still much more plausible than GZ's oft-quoted "You gotta problem homie...Well you do now."

Old 12-13-2012, 08:39 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:

Little DeeDee is an illiterate twit. I hope she takes the stand. It will be fantastic entertainment. I'm giggling just thinking about it.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:44 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
unbelievable

Last edited by stargazzer; 12-13-2012 at 08:56 PM..

Old 12-13-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Because, as I've said, black life means absolutely nothing to them.
Clearly, since they will defend Zimmerman to no end and are so insensitive that they can crack jokes about someone getting murdered...I think George Zimmerman joined CD to give people rep points and call them names. Someone just repped me and called me a loser for that post lol. What an idiot.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:55 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Facts should speak for themselves.
Zimmerman was not charged with a crime until politics got involved. There was no evidence that the events did not occurred the way Zimmerman described.

Based on Florida "Stand Your Ground" law, Zimmerman felt threatened, he responded with deadly force. All within scope of the law.

The broad law is the problem. That, and politics deciding who should be charged with crimes, police officials deem not enough evidence to charge.

Now, prosecution is trying to cover up evidence that follows the original story. Like a cat, burying scat, in a box...what is covered up by the prosecution has been uncovered by the defense, and they are gleefully rubbing their hands...

This case stinks. It is not about racism. It is about trying a case in the media.
Zimmerman defense: Prosecutors are dragging their feet - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Old 12-13-2012, 08:59 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
this is unbelievable after all this time, evidence... and more evidence obviously yet to be made public

Last edited by stargazzer; 12-13-2012 at 09:08 PM..

Old 12-13-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:

You are very focused on whether or not she heard "get off." Why does that matter so much? Obviously Zimmerman chased him down. Remember the lie he told about getting out of his car to find a street sign and got attacked by Trayvon on his way back? Zimmerman said that Trayvon Martin jumped out and said "Do you have a problem?" Remember that? Then he said Trayvon said "You do now." and punched him in the face and started beating him up. It doesn't add up and all of this would have taken place while Trayvon was on the phone. I suppose he was hiding on the side of the building talking to Dee Dee and telling her he was going to jump a man who was looking for a street sign. According to Dee Dee, Trayvon asked why he was following him and Zimmerman asked what he's doing around here. She did not hear Trayvon say "Do you have a problem, homie?"

Apparently Zimmerman followed Trayvon and approached him. Out of fear for his life, Trayvon fought and Zimmerman killed him. Now you people want to call him a hero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies