Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 07:54 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
More...

St. Cloud Man Dies After Injuries From Punch « CBS Minnesota

Southbridge man punched at VFW dies - Boston News, New England News, WHDH-TV 7NEWS WHDH.COM

Man punched to death for urinating on himself - Emirates 24/7

Punched and pushed by molesters, man dies in Bangalore - Times Of India

Man punched outside Camden pub dies - News - London24

I can do this ALL day...

Some of these guys were punched ONCE.

So based off of initial witness testimony, Zimmerman's documented facial and head injuries and a quick Google search I have unequivocally established deadly force and laid out an argument for self defense.

And I'm not even a lawyer...
No, you haven't. We're not talking about other people. We are talking specifically about Zimmerman. Most likely there will be medical experts for BOTH sides in this case. Some will say what you're saying, other experts will contradict what you're saying. Btw, Zimmerman's lawyer has already filed an affirmative defense of self defense, which means he's going to put on a self defense case. You added nothing.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
No, you haven't. We're not talking about other people. We are talking specifically about Zimmerman. Most likely there will be medical experts for BOTH sides in this case. Some will say what you're saying, other experts will contradict what you're saying. Btw, Zimmerman's lawyer has already filed an affirmative defense of self defense, which means he's going to put on a self defense case. You added nothing.
You claimed deadly force hasn't been established and another poster stated it COULDN'T be deadly force.

Both of you were wrong.

And then I just posted a similar case with less damage done and MORE witnesses and a NOT GUILTY verdict...

And the Florida statute stating that the person just has to have a REASONABLE fear of great bodily harm which getting punched in the face qualifies as...

Zimmerman is going to walk barring some crazy twist of fate.

Even if you all do want him burned at the stake...

Old 02-03-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I just posted several articles where people where charged in the deaths of people they punched once. In a fight...

Lolil
We're NOT talking about other people. We are talking specifically about the fight between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin. You do not know squat about the forensics in this case at this point unless you have read through the entire court file, read all the depositions of all the witnesses and experts who will testify. Obviously George Zimmerman is not dead as a result of getting a bloody nose and some scratches on the back of his head. The jury will most likely hear from MEDICAL EXPERTS for BOTH SIDES regarding the injuries.

Giggle all you want. You're clearly not a legal expert, and let us know if either side in the Zimmerman case calls you to testify as a medical expert.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
You claimed deadly force hasn't been established and another poster stated it COULDN'T be deadly force.

Both of you were wrong.

And then I just posted a similar case with less damage done and MORE witnesses and a NOT GUILTY verdict...

And the Florida statute stating that the person just has to have a REASONABLE fear of great bodily harm which getting punched in the face qualifies as...

Zimmerman is going to walk barring some crazy twist of fate.

Even if you all do want him burned at the stake...
Oh, poor baby. I don't think any of us want him "burned at the stake"........I know I certainly don't. I want him to have a fair trial. Personally, at this point, I find his story very odd and am looking forward to hearing the EVIDENCE presented at trial.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
We're NOT talking about other people. We are talking specifically about the fight between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin. You do not know squat about the forensics in this case at this point unless you have read through the entire court file, read all the depositions of all the witnesses and experts who will testify. Obviously George Zimmerman is not dead as a result of getting a bloody nose and some scratches on the back of his head. The jury will most likely hear from MEDICAL EXPERTS for BOTH SIDES regarding the injuries.

Giggle all you want. You're clearly not a legal expert, and let us know if either side in the Zimmerman case calls you to testify as a medical expert.
LOL... I don't need to be a legal expert or know the forensics of this case. I know the forensics they will try to use to either prove his guilt or defend him. The forensic evidence they will be able to draw on is highly limited.

The only unreleased evidence would be the position of the gun in relation to Martin when fired. That would be the only thing able to contradict Zimmerman's story. Only the actual forensic evidence concerning shot path and closeness of the shot will prove anything. If this evidence supports the defense then end of story...

Zimmerman's story is corroborated by Martin's girlfriend up to the point the phone was disconnected during the fight. The initial witnesses support him for every bit after that...

And of course any evidence gained from the 911 call.

If you think a smoking gun is lurking somewhere you are seriously deluded. This isn't CSI...

Would you like to make a friendly wager on the outcome???

Old 02-03-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Or they could nullify...
Not likely.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Not likely.
On that I'll agree. Jury nullification is one of our most important but least used rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.