Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 12:37 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The only reason George Zimmerman was charged was the public outcry for what they feel was an injustice based on nothing more than emotion and racism. George was initially not charged but when it came to the point where riots were going to start breaking out he was charged. It had nothing to do with them finding more evidence, it was because of the public demanding that something be done regardless of evidence or facts.
OMG! We have gone over this argument dozens and dozens of times in the many previous threads about this case.

If you think Governor Rick Scott is playing politics with this case, why don't you write to him. Btw, he is a Republican and a big TEA PARTY politician. He appointed the special prosecutor, gave her time to review the case and investigate it, and after she had done so, she came back with charges.

There were NO RIOTS, there were questions asked. I live in Florida, and I had NO FEAR OR CONCERN that riots would break out. It has been white racists who have been pushing that BS line about riots. ADDITIONALLY, if Zimmerman's lawyer thought there was any chance that this was a politically motivated charge and that it was frivolous, he would have been in court in a heartbeat challenging the charges. He as NOT DONE THAT.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:37 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
I've seen it many times. Not murder but nonetheless.

I've defended myself in a resisting arrest, brandishing and assault on an officer charge...

Shrug... Many people have and do. So what do you want?

All of you people insisting Zimmerman is guilty are funny as hell.
Would you at least concede that Zimmerman was (is) guilty of being stupid?

Old 02-03-2013, 12:41 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
Would you at least concede that Zimmerman was (is) guilty of being stupid?
Stupid? Is that a criminal offense???

Stupidity in the first degree? With special circumstances?

He was no more stupid than Martin.

In fact, I'd argue that beating someone is probably the main stupid act. Fatally stupid...

Old 02-03-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I've seen it many times. Not murder but nonetheless.

I've defended myself in a resisting arrest, brandishing and assault on an officer charge...

Shrug... Many people have and do. So what do you want?

All of you people insisting Zimmerman is guilty are funny as hell.
What is your definition of "many"? 1, 2, 5, 15, 20, 100? I don't believe you have seen "many" lay people defend themselves in court cases and win. I've seen hundreds of cases, including murders and other serious felonies, and I have NOT seen "many" people represent themselves and win. In fact, I can't remember even one. You know, Ted Bundy represented himself, and he had even gone to law school for a little while. Now how did that work out for Ted?

Well, THAT explains it. You represented yourself and you got lucky. WHERE did that happen? Also, what the hell is "brandishing and assault" on an officer? You must have been in a very small town. What did you "brandish"?

I'm not insisting that Zimmerman is guilty. I'm also not insisting that Zimmerman is not guilty.

You folks that think you're such hot-shot lawyers because you ONCE defended yourself and won (according to you, with no proof of such a win) are insisting that Zimmerman is not guilty and I find that naivete very amusing.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:48 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,763 times
Quote:
Stupid? Is that a criminal offense???

Stupidity in the first degree? With special circumstances?

He was no more stupid than Martin.

In fact, I'd argue that beating someone is probably the main stupid act. Fatally stupid...
So . . two stupids, one armed and one unarmed.

The one's stupidity was backed up by his concealed power.

Emboldened unsupervised stupidity might sound good for a plea offer.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:52 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
There are no smoking guns though. Believe that...
Oh, like I was supposed to believe you when you said the forensic evidence indicates that Zimmerman is innocent? Forensic evidence that you haven't even seen but that you toss out there like it's fact, apparently hoping nobody will challenge you on it?

Sorry. You really don't have much credibility and I see no reason to believe you when you say "there are no smoking guns.....believe that..."

Because you know no more than the rest of us as to what evidence the prosecution has, nor for that matter, what the defense strategy is going to be.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:53 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What is your definition of "many"? 1, 2, 5, 15, 20, 100? I don't believe you have seen "many" lay people defend themselves in court cases and win. I've seen hundreds of cases, including murders and other serious felonies, and I have NOT seen "many" people represent themselves and win. In fact, I can't remember even one. You know, Ted Bundy represented himself, and he had even gone to law school for a little while. Now how did that work out for Ted?

Well, THAT explains it. You represented yourself and you got lucky. WHERE did that happen? Also, what the hell is "brandishing and assault" on an officer? You must have been in a very small town. What did you "brandish"?

I'm not insisting that Zimmerman is guilty. I'm also not insisting that Zimmerman is not guilty.

You folks that think you're such hot-shot lawyers because you ONCE defended yourself and won (according to you, with no proof of such a win) are insisting that Zimmerman is not guilty and I find that naivete very amusing.
1) If you don't know what brandishing is...

2) I've seen about 15. Here in VA. Shrug..

3) I only insist he is not guilty based on the available and known evidence. And the opinion of the attorneys I happen to know.

But I remember people like you during the OJ trial. Or the lady in Florida and many others.

This will be the same and then you'll be complaining about the injustice.

But believe what you wish...

Old 02-03-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

Do you at least agree that regardless of your personal beliefs about this particular case that if is possible that George Zimmerman could be telling the truth and that he killed Trayvon Martin in justifiable self defense?

Unfortunately, George Zimmerman has already made statements which make him appear to be a liar. If he had not done that, then, yes, it would be possible to believe him.

If he's telling the truth, HE did himself enormous harm by lying about money and making other contradictory statements. I'd say if George Zimmerman had kept his mouth shut, hired an attorney immediately, he'd have a good chance of either getting his case dismissed at an immunity hearing or acquitted at trial. Too bad for him that he could not shut the f up.

Court is not about "truth".........it's about who can convince a jury of their case within the rules of criminal procedure and the rules of evidence. Amazingly, quite often the "truth" does prevail. However, guilty people do go free and innocent people are convicted sometimes. And it's still the best system out there.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:08 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
I really think there should be a law against armed idiots chasing people around for no good reason.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:21 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I really think there should be a law against armed idiots chasing people around for no good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.