Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 12:23 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Wrong. We have his testimony and witness testimony. Done...

Being tried for murder doesn't imply being guilty of murder...

And depending in his his upcoming hearing goes he may NOT be tried...
I wouldn't count on his case being thrown out at an immunity hearing. Zimmerman has run his mouth far, far too much at this point.

I see you're from Virginia. Are you Zimmerman's father?

Old 02-03-2013, 12:24 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
the forensic evidence supports Zimmerman.
It does?

Has all the forensic evidence that exists on this case been released to the public?

Awesome! Please provide a link to your source because I would love to read it for myself.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:26 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I wouldn't count on his case being thrown out at an immunity hearing. Zimmerman has run his mouth far, far too much at this point.

I see you're from Virginia. Are you Zimmerman's father?
Lolol...

Old 02-03-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
So what?

The witnesses are wiffle waffling, the forensic evidence supports Zimmerman.

There's no evidence of a murder.

He's gonna walk and then everyone is going to whine some more...

He may not have committed a crime. He is CHARGED with committing murder. That doesn't mean he committed it...
When was the last time the State invited you to their office to show you all their evidence, discuss their strategy with you, and gave you the inside scoop on the "forensic evidence"?

Or, again, are you Zimmerman's father and talking about whatever evidence the defense has?

NOBODY is suggesting that being charged with a crime is a verdict of guilty. Being charged with a crime means that the State believes that they have enough evidence in order to win the case. If Prosecutors charged everybody for everything and didn't have evidence to support a conviction, they would soon be out of office!!!

Old 02-03-2013, 12:27 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The witness testimony is contradictory. No, being tried doesn't imply guilty, but that is the crime GZ allegedly committed. Good lord, someone kills somebody and another person is foolish enough to ask, "what crime, if any, did he commit?" He's going to be tried for murder.
Killing someone doesn't automatically mean that any crime was committed, it's completely possible for someone to legally defend themselves against an attacker, shoot the person killing them and never be charged with a crime because no crime ever took place. Justifiable homicide takes place all the time.

Do you at least agree that regardless of your personal beliefs about this particular case that if is possible that George Zimmerman could be telling the truth and that he killed Trayvon Martin in justifiable self defense?

Before you reply, I'm not asking if that is what you believe took place, I'm simply asking if you realize that is a plausible excuse for what took place.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
It does?

Has all the forensic evidence that exists on this case been released to the public?

Awesome! Please provide a link to your source because I would love to read it for myself.
Pardon me. The forensic evidence that has been released.

There are no smoking guns though. Believe that...

Old 02-03-2013, 12:30 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
NOBODY is suggesting that being charged with a crime is a verdict of guilty. Being charged with a crime means that the State believes that they have enough evidence in order to win the case. If Prosecutors charged everybody for everything and didn't have evidence to support a conviction, they would soon be out of office!!!
The only reason George Zimmerman was charged was the public outcry for what they feel was an injustice based on nothing more than emotion and racism. George was initially not charged but when it came to the point where riots were going to start breaking out he was charged. It had nothing to do with them finding more evidence, it was because of the public demanding that something be done regardless of evidence or facts.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
They say this not because knowing the law is complicated.

They say this because they won't forgive errors in procedural matters just because you appear pro se. Plus lawyers have contacts and resources that a defendant usually doesn't.

However, many defendants have successfully defended themselves pro se.

You are the one simply wrong.

But you are to entrenched now to admit it. Shrug...
That's B.S. I have watched hundreds of trials, and seen many pro se folks LOSE THEIR BUTTS and make complete fools of themselves.

Any lay person who thinks the judicial system and the law is simple is pathetically arrogant and hopelessly mistaken.

How often do you go to court and how often have you seen lay persons defend themselves successfully in court? Once? That does not equal "many."

Old 02-03-2013, 12:33 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,763 times
Sometimes when you fk with people you end up having to kill 'em.

I want to hear what Zimmerman's supervisor has to say about all this.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
That's B.S. I have watched hundreds of trials, and seen many pro se folks LOSE THEIR BUTTS and make complete fools of themselves.

Any lay person who thinks the judicial system and the law is simple is pathetically arrogant and hopelessly mistaken.

How often do you go to court and how often have you seen lay persons defend themselves successfully in court? Once? That does not equal "many."
I've seen it many times. Not murder but nonetheless.

I've defended myself in a resisting arrest, brandishing and assault on an officer charge...

Shrug... Many people have and do. So what do you want?

All of you people insisting Zimmerman is guilty are funny as hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.