Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 12:31 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
WRONG.

Then:

Now (December 2012):

Didn't take much to find this information amongst the ton of information you say is available. You might want to check that "ton of information" before posting.
What part of PRIOR to killing Martin did you not understand. He had lost weight at the time of the killing, but he had been fat numerous other times.

Btw, how much influence do you think having been a magistrate for a few years in VIRGINIA gave Zimmerman's father with law enforcement and prosecutors in Florida? Did you even THINK about Zimmerman's mother, who had worked in the Clerk's Office for 20 years in the jurisdiction where this incident happened? Seems you have little understanding for how much "influence" Court Clerk personnel can have.

“Robert J. Zimmerman served as a full-time magistrate from 2000-2006. Please be advised that in Virginia magistrates are judicial officers, but they are not considered "judges" and do not possess trial jurisdiction. More detailed information on the role of the magistrate in Virginia is available on Virginia's Judicial System Website .”[LEFT]
Read more: Zimmerman: Dad worked as magistrate
[/LEFT]

Old 02-02-2013, 12:32 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
So...you have absolutely nothing aside from wild speculation-the exact same sort of speculation you were decrying just hours ago?
Duly noted.
See post #999, above your post #1000.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests

How were sources able to find out about these arrests?

A little, or alot, of help from Daddy??
FYI: Why would you think that a VIRGINIA magistrate (not a judge) would have influence in a Central Florida jurisdiction?

“Robert J. Zimmerman served as a full-time magistrate from 2000-2006. Please be advised that in Virginia magistrates are judicial officers, but they are not considered "judges" and do not possess trial jurisdiction. More detailed information on the role of the magistrate in Virginia is available on Virginia's Judicial System Website .”[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Old 02-02-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I'm saying it is quite POSSIBLE his father influenced the judicial system. It is LIKELY that his father may have influenced the judicial system. And IF he did, it's highly unlikely those involved would admit to it as they would have been involved.

Having police friends over the years, they would take it very personal if someone assaulted them. I guess that police officer was having a "good deed moment" and decided to drop the charges.

Thanks Judge Judy.
His father was a lowly magistrate in the state of
V-I-R-G-I-N-A
. He was not a magistrate in ORANGE COUNTY or anywhere else in FLORIDA.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
So...you have absolutely nothing aside from wild speculation-the exact same sort of speculation you were decrying just hours ago?
Duly noted.
Right, that's all she has.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
His father was a lowly magistrate in the state of
V-I-R-G-I-N-A. He was not a magistrate in ORANGE COUNTY or anywhere else in FLORIDA.
That would be. V-I-R-G-I-N-I-A

Old 02-02-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What part of PRIOR to killing Martin did you not understand. He had lost weight at the time of the killing, but he had been fat numerous other times.

Btw, how much influence do you think having been a magistrate for a few years in VIRGINIA gave Zimmerman's father with law enforcement and prosecutors in Florida? Did you even THINK about Zimmerman's mother, who had worked in the Clerk's Office for 20 years in the jurisdiction where this incident happened? Seems you have little understanding for how much "influence" Court Clerk personnel can have.

[/LEFT]
You have personal knowledge of GZ's weight gain and loss?? How do you lose weight at the time of a killing? And what does his weight have to do with anything?

I don't know if RZ had influence or not, but to think that he didn't associate with people who did have influence would be a stretch. Highly unlikely that his circle of friends consisted of janitors. I'm sure he received the same respect as any other official judge, whether he was active or retired.

I guess you are saying that his mother would be the one with the influence. Thanks for that Judge Marilyn.

Your insufferable arrogance thinking that you are the smartest one on C-D, know the law inside and out, reminds me why I had you on ignore and why I have to put you back on ignore.

Bub-bye.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
You have personal knowledge of GZ's weight gain and loss?? How do you lose weight at the time of a killing? And what does his weight have to do with anything?

I don't know if RZ had influence or not, but to think that he didn't associate with people who did have influence would be a stretch. Highly unlikely that his circle of friends consisted of janitors. I'm sure he received the same respect as any other official judge, whether he was active or retired.

I guess you are saying that his mother would be the one with the influence. Thanks for that Judge Marilyn.

Your insufferable arrogance thinking that you are the smartest one on C-D, know the law inside and out, reminds me why I had you on ignore and why I have to put you back on ignore.

Bub-bye.
I think you know what she means. From pictures that were posted at the time of the killing, of GZ in the past as well as at that moment, he was thinner then than he had been in some time.

I think it is good to have someone who actually knows the law posting on this issue; there are so many "armchair attorneys" here.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:16 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Have you read anywhere where GZ mentioned what transpired between them prior to the assault? Were any words exchanged or did TM just decide that it would be a good night for a fight and a bit of fun to get up in GZ's face?
GZ gave accounts to the cops of the verbal exchange before the fight and killing. I won't go find the link for you because you'll say we only have his word for the self-serving statement, and you' be right.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well, actually some are - but mostly the ones on the FREE ZIMMERMAN side:

Seriously, you'd think some of these posters were THERE.
Point taken. These people are taking Zimmerman at his word, probably because we all know how forthright and honest he has been since the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.