Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 06:29 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
of course that article isn't biased at all and appears in a blog that isn't biased either, right?
Better???

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer - U.S. News
Quote:

In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.
Article includes domestic violence. If you do a search you will find thousands of hits on his arrest record. I'm sure there may be one or two that you would consider reliable.

I can't believe that with his background you think he was stable enough to be trusted with a firearm.

Well we don't know if he admitted to having an arrest record or not when applying for a gun, do we? Maybe he did and indicated no convictions. Had he noted his arrest record and "no convictions", I would think when it comes to issuing a firearm, not a driver's license, his arrest record would prompt someone to take a deeper look into them, which would have, at the very least, raised some questions about his stability.

To think, if his father didn't bury his arrest records, he probably wouldn't have been able to purchase a gun.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:34 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Well apparantly it didn't apply to Trayvon Martin when Zimmerman decided that he was the judge, jury and executioner.
Well, when one is having their head pounded against the concrete, I think it would tend to cloud ones judgment. You know, I really wish you and other black posters here would give this a chance to play out in the courts and this attitude/ hatred you have for Z amounts to nothing more than a public lynching. Just because TM is a young black male, does not exonerate him automatically from the possibility that he was guilty of what Z accused him of. No one including you, knows what happened! I for one will let the courts decide whether Z is guilty or not and will accept their decision as ''justice served''.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Actually, shooting someone to death is a crime. Or didn't you think of that?
Not in self defense, which may or may not be proven.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Having never applied for a gun/license I wouldn't know what personal info is asked. I do know that there are many companies that ask the question if the applicant was every arrested and convicted. I don't know if a questionnaire asks what the arrest was for. Safe to assume that question would be asked on a app for a gun/license. BUT, I would think that the application may require more details regarding that arrest as in "what were they arrested for"? More details would probably have revealed he was a bit mentally and emotionally challenged.

Since his arrest record seemed to be "buried", I guess it was safe for him to say "no" when asked "were you ever arrested".
Arrest records don't mean anything convictions do. I promise you that you will not find one company asking about arrests. Why, you might ask. Well, the courts have determined that discriminating based on arrest records has a disproportionate impact on minorities. If you are never convicted you have the right the have that arrest record destroyed, but this may vary by jurisdiction. I have no idea what the details on GZ arrest and history are, and neither do you.

"If you have been convicted of a felony as described in section 790.23, Florida Statutes, and the felony conviction occurred within the State of Florida, your civil rights and firearm rights must be restored by the Florida Office of Executive Clemency in order to qualify you for a Florida concealed weapon license."

"If you have been CONVICTED OR FOUND GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR CRIME OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, you are NOT ELIGIBLE for a Florida concealed weapon license. Owning or possessing a firearm by one who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence is also punishable under federal law §18 USC 922."

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/FOR...structions.pdf
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/wea...ements_web.pdf

Quote:
Better???

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer - U.S. News

Article includes domestic violence. If you do a search you will find thousands of hits on his arrest record. I'm sure there may be one or two that you would consider reliable.

I can't believe that with his background you think he was stable enough to be trusted with a firearm.

Well we don't know if he admitted to having an arrest record or not when applying for a gun, do we? Maybe he did and indicated no convictions. Had he noted his arrest record and "no convictions", I would think when it comes to issuing a firearm, not a driver's license, his arrest record would prompt someone to take a deeper look into them, which would have, at the very least, raised some questions about his stability.

To think, if his father didn't bury his arrest records, he probably wouldn't have been able to purchase a gun.
Again, arrest records don't mean anything.
Prove to me that he was convicted of DV or a felony.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
There is not proof of much of anything other than Zimmerman exiting his vehicle and getting his ass whooped. Self-defense or not, had he waited for the police to arrive he wouldn't have murdered someone. Whatever the jury says, he has received a sentence as well. He may have his supporters but he will still be hecked in public (if he is not convicted) and have his life threatened on a regular basis. Kind of like OJ. He probably has no remorse, but I am sure there is some regret.
There is a difference, OJ actually murdered someone.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:06 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Who "trained" him on how to deal with an attacker?? How do you know that Martin was the aggressor? Because GZ said so? Seems people are making a case based on what the living has to say what happened and the only witness is dead.

As for GZ's "instinct", he has a history for being a hothead.

Seeing as how he had an arrest record for a felony (assault on an officer while resisting arrest), making him a convicted felon, charged for domestic violence, went to alcohol rehab, how was he able to purchase a gun and get a license? If they were better background checks this would have been enough NOT to sell him a gun and issue a license. If those details were uncovered, did his father have any influence in burying his record?
He wasn't convicted of a felony and was never sent to alcohol rehab, though I'm sure you'll keep repeating those falsehoods.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:10 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Who "trained" him on how to deal with an attacker?? How do you know that Martin was the aggressor? Because GZ said so? Seems people are making a case based on what the living has to say what happened and the only witness is dead.

As for GZ's "instinct", he has a history for being a hothead.

Seeing as how he had an arrest record for a felony (assault on an officer while resisting arrest), making him a convicted felon, charged for domestic violence, went to alcohol rehab, how was he able to purchase a gun and get a license? If they were better background checks this would have been enough NOT to sell him a gun and issue a license. If those details were uncovered, did his father have any influence in burying his record?
George Zimmerman is not a convicted felon.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Look, nobody expects the Trayvon Martin supporters to act like civilized humans if Zimmerman is found innocent. Zimmerman is of course aware that even if found innocent he'll be hounded for the rest of his life by knuckle dragging vigilantes.
You mean like this? The riots were nothing more than a vehical to loot and plunder, very typical reaction by the black underclass!

LA Riots 1992 - YouTube

Old 02-02-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Well, when one is having their head pounded against the concrete, I think it would tend to cloud ones judgment. You know, I really wish you and other black posters here would give this a chance to play out in the courts and this attitude/ hatred you have for Z amounts to nothing more than a public lynching. Just because TM is a young black male, does not exonerate him automatically from the possibility that he was guilty of what Z accused him of. No one including you, knows what happened! I for one will let the courts decide whether Z is guilty or not and will accept their decision as ''justice served''.
If anyone is making it about race, it's you. How dare you tell black people to "give this a chance" when white people are justifying GZ's actions, as if he were the victim, and condemning a dead person (who happens to be black) who can't speak. There are no witnesses as to what went down but there seems to be plenty of white people on this thread who think they know exactly what transpired because they were actually there. I bet there were words exchanged between TM and GZ. Would someone like to step up and tell us what you heard???

Should black people refrain from discussing this case? Is this an off limits to black people topic? Is this a "whites-only" topic? I don't see where you are telling white posters to stop assuming GZ is innocent and justifying the murder of TM. Actually, what I do read from a few posters is that they are saying that there is the POSSIBILITY that there is more to this case, that there is alot we probably don't know, and asking that some to at least stop and "think" about it since there is alot of information that we don't know about nor will we ever know. GZ has that info and that info went to the grave with TM. If anyone is getting a public "lynching" here, it is TM.

The mere fact that you would contribute to GZ's defense fund would be prompted by the fact that you think he is innocent.
Friggin racist.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
George Zimmerman is not a convicted felon.
He is a felon. He just didn't serve any time for his crimeS. Keep slapping yourself in the head, something may get through to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies