Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 08:23 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The law doesn't require us to assume he is telling the truth, but it does require the state to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Until that threshold is crossed we assume innocence.

Where is the proof that his father interfered with the judicial process? You are speculating on the reason there is no conviction based on circumstantial evidence. It looks fishy, but unless you have proof you are pontificating what you think happened.

My brother actually was charged with assault on a police officer when he was 15 and had the charges dropped without going to trial. How? His lawyer told the officer that we had video of the parking lot where the incident occurred - charges were dropped the very next day. To this day I have no idea what happened in that parking lot, but I do know that no video existed.
Aren't most of the posters posting "what they think", even those that support GZ. Assumptions not based on innocent until proven guilty, but the "facts" as they think they know them to be?

What does your brother a 15 year old minor charged with assault have to do with GZ being charged as and adult at the age of 20? Are you suggesting that the police officer that filed charges against GZ was filing false charges??? It is not unheard of that people have charges dropped against them for something they actually did with the help of connections or someone calling in a favor.

Can't say the father did or didn't have any influence but when you are a retired judge, your kid is in trouble, you sure are going to do what you can to get your kid out of trouble, wouldn't you think?

Last edited by softblueyz; 02-02-2013 at 08:40 AM..

Old 02-02-2013, 08:29 AM

861 posts, read 1,249,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"George Zimmerman's murder trial for the shooting of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin will commence on June 10, 2013, according to the Orlando Sentinal.
Click Orlando reports that Zimmerman was not present at the hearing where the trial date was set."

George Zimmerman Trial Date Set: Trayvon Martin Shooter's Trial Scheduled For June 10th, 2013

The Court also set a date for the stand your ground immunity hearing for 45 days prior to the trial date, plus heard other motions in the case last Friday.

"The judge ruled on several other motions Friday, including setting a date for a hearing on the "stand your ground" self-defense immunity for 45 days before trial. Nelson previously scheduled Zimmerman's murder trial for June 10. A status hearing is set for mid-December"

George Zimmerman Gag Order: Prosecutors To Argue For Motion In Trayvon Martin Case

It appears from the photo published with the above article that zimmerman has gained a LOT OF WEIGHT. This will not be a good thing when he goes to trial as his defense is that Martin was on top of him beating him and he was afraid of Martin. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. The jury will be looking at a very, very large man. I would think his lawyer will be encouraging him to lose weight.
Seems we can count on wacky verdicts from Florida, Texas and California. So we'll see.

There will no doubt be a lot of evidence revealed during trial that the media has thus far not reported on. Nevertheless, most people who have followed this case have already made up their minds.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 AM

[quote=Katiana;28058646]
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
WRONG.

The pictures of him from prior to this incident show a rather beefy guy. You can go look them up yourself.
WRONG.

I'm sure you are referring to his photos where he is wearing an orange jumpsuit. You can find that photo where it is dated. You can go look it up yourself. Those photos, or mug shots, in the orange jumpsuit were taken when he was arrested for assault on a police officer (2005/6?). Apparently he trimmed down by the time he was arrested in Feb 2012. The last photo (which I posted) was in December 2012. He must yo-yo diet?

Old 02-02-2013, 08:32 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Aren't most of the posters posting "what they think", even those that support GZ. Assumptions not based on innocent until proven guily, but the "facts" as they think they know them to be?

What does your brother a 15 year old minor charged with assault have to do with GZ being charged as and adult at the age of 20? Are you suggesting that the police officer that filed charges against GZ was filing false charges??? It is not unheard of that people have charges dropped against them for something they actually did with the help of connections or someone calling in a favor.

Can't say the father did or didn't have any influence but when you are a retired judge, your kid is in trouble, you sure are going to do what you can to get your kid out of trouble, wouldn't you think?
You said that: I was proving you wrong with a real world example.
Quote:
There would be no conviction record because obviously his father, who was a JUDGE, interferred with the process (obstruction of justice) and it never went to trial. I guarantee you that people who assault a police officer don't get their charges dropped without a trial unless they have someone with influence - like a judge!!!
I'm not saying anything other than GZ does not have any convictions, you were saying that he was a convicted felon that obtained a gun and a CCW.

I have absolutely no idea if the charges were made up, if the cop was bribed, if the father intervened, or if there was lack of evidence. I don't know any won't speculate based on an arrest record.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'm pretty sure there are people with anger issues, and it doesn't appear to be Zimmerman.
Well, if you are referring to people on C-D, you can always add those angry people to your ever growing ignore list.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
You said that: I was proving you wrong with a real world example.

I'm not saying anything other than GZ does not have any convictions, you were saying that he was a convicted felon that obtained a gun and a CCW.

I have absolutely no idea if the charges were made up, if the cop was bribed, if the father intervened, or if there was lack of evidence. I don't know any won't speculate based on an arrest record.
You can stop humping the convicted felon statement I made. I erred and admitted it some posts back.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:04 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
If an unidentified stranger followed a 17 year old and the the stranger was a serial killer and the 17 year old stopped the stranger from attacking him, the 17 year old would be hailed as a hero. How the hell was the 17 year old supposed to know who the hell Zimmerman was! Does anyone with half a brain actually believe that if Zimmerman indetified himself to Martin that Martin would have attacked him? Think about it. Zimmerman did not go out of his way to stay out of sight of the kid he was following. Only a nitwit obviously follows someone and does not state their purpose and one an idiot does not see the error and stupidity of what Zimmerman did and did not do.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:05 AM

861 posts, read 1,249,599 times
How many of you forum people who have already declared Zimmerman guilty would feel comfortable with their own Trial by Media? Perhaps our court system should be done away with. Wouldn't that be a grand idea since American news is so unbiased? After all, they have no agenda, do they?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:10 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
WRONG.

Then:

Now (December 2012):

Didn't take much to find this information amongst the ton of information you say is available. You might want to check that "ton of information" before posting.
WHOA!!

Ol' Georgie has really porked up, hasn't he? I hadn't seen any pictures of him for a while so I hadn't realized just how high on the hog he really HAS been living on that $6,000.00 a month! Obviously most of that money has gone to groceries.

Oh, well.......if he is acquitted, and he keeps that weight on, the likelihood that he can chase down anymore unarmed kids is greatly reduced. The huffing and puffing would give anyone plenty of warning that he was behind them. And he'd probably have a heart attack if he tried to chase them (might be some poetic justice in that).

Last edited by Cinebar; 02-02-2013 at 09:20 AM..

Old 02-02-2013, 09:17 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
OK, he's not a felon. Feel better now? He was just someone who was arrested for assaulting a police officer, had an order of protection taken out against him for domestic violence, and was never tried and convicted. No trial against him because of the strong possibility that his father, a retired magistrate judge had connections, reached out, and had the charges dismissed. Had that not been achieved he probably would have faced assault charges against a police officer and went to trial and more than likely faced a conviction. Hence, not a felon. He's just a boy scout who is mentally and emotionally challenged and had anger issues.
Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.