Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Actually what the dispatcher said is "OK, we don't NEED you to do that". Which is somewhat stronger than "we don't want you to do that" .

And Zimmerman answered "OK", and then did it anyway.

Zimmerman had a previous incident while a customer in a store when a suspected shoplifter left the store and Zimmerman knocked the person down in the parking lot. Even though the manager on duty didn't want Zimmerman to get involved.

Zimmerman is a frustrated wannabe cop who due to his own criminal background is ineligible to be a LEO.

I don't think even telling Zimmerman not to follow him would have mattered.

Here is the actual transcript.

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN: Hey, we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy...
ROSE: Zimmerman gives the dispatcher a description of a young black man who appears to be, quote, "up to no good," unquote, with his hand in his waistband, looking around at local homes.
(SOUNDBITE OF 911 TAPE)
ZIMMERMAN: He's a (bleep). They always get away.
ROSE: Then Zimmerman tells the dispatcher that the suspicious man is running away.
(SOUNDBITE OF 911 TAPE)
UNIDENTIFIED MAN: (911 Dispatcher) Are you following him?
ZIMMERMAN: Yeah.
UNIDENTIFIED MAN: (911 Dispatcher) OK, we don't need you to do that.
ZIMMERMAN: OK.
then he headed for his truck and got attacked.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Show your proof he did the exact opposite. You can't because NONE exists. It also doesn't matter what a 911 dispatcher says, they are a nobody. You do know that you are allowed to make a citizens arrest regardless of what any other citizens "tells" you to do.
right, but he was just trying to keep track of him, so the officers could check him out.
People follow behind me all the time when I'm out walking, that doesn't give me license to jump on them.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:03 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
then he headed for his truck and got attacked.
Says who? Zimmerman?

Were you there?

Old 02-01-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Says who? Zimmerman?

Were you there?
knock it off Cine, you're going on the ignore list if you keep playing games.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:09 PM

If Trayvon was sceered because he was being followed, why didn't he call the cops instead of his girlfriend?

Old 02-01-2013, 01:13 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
If Trayvon was sceered because he was being followed, why didn't he call the cops instead of his girlfriend?
BINGO! That question WILL be asked too.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
right, but he was just trying to keep track of him, so the officers could check him out.
People follow behind me all the time when I'm out walking, that doesn't give me license to jump on them.
I might have confused you a bit. My citizens arrest comment was about another poster saying how Zimmerman supposedly roughed up a shoplifter after the store manager or someone told him to forget about it. I hear you about the following thing. I have posed this question many times. "If you're walking behind me I have the legal right to turn around and assault you?" Of course nobody has that right, but you would think that's what these Trayvon supporters think.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,212,292 times
Quote:
Wasn't he on the phone with his girlfriend before he was being followed?

Old 02-01-2013, 01:20 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I might have confused you a bit. My citizens arrest comment was about another poster saying how Zimmerman supposedly roughed up a shoplifter after the store manager or someone told him to forget about it. I hear you about the following thing. I have posed this question many times. "If you're walking behind me I have the legal right to turn around and assault you?" Of course nobody has that right, but you would think that's what these Trayvon supporters think.
There's a pretty big difference between walking behind someone, and active pursuit. The former is generally seen as harmless (although I'd bet that a fair number of Zimmerman's supporters are the sort of folks who panic when they see a black guy in a suit walking behind them at noon), and the latter is brazenly aggressive. And Zimmerman was doing the latter, not the former.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:21 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
knock it off Cine, you're going on the ignore list if you keep playing games.
Why? It's a legitimate question.

How do you know who jumped who? I don't. I at least can acknowledge that there are a lot of unanswered questions about what actually went down that night - things that only the two people who were involved know for sure.

Unfortunately, one of those people is DEAD, so I can only assume that you are basing your "knowledge" of what happened that night strictly on what Zimmerman says happened.

I just hope the facts come out at the trial. ALL of the facts and that Trayvon gets his day in court and that the evidence will speak for him, since he is unable to speak for himself.

And if the facts say that Zimmerman acted in self- defense, then I will have to live with that. But I'm sure not going to take the word of someone who has already proven himself to be a liar and who has everything to lose if it's proven that he killed an unarmed teenager for no reason other than the kid was walking in his neighborhood.

It doesn't say much about those of you who are so sure of what happened that night based solely on what a proven liar has said. At least my mind is open enough to admit that I don't know for sure what happened in those critical moments leading up to Trayvon's death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies