Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you think zimmerman evading conviction would be amazing, you haven't been following the SYG laws around the country. These are some REALLY bad, poorly worded laws. Without those laws then it would be a much bleaker scenario for Zimmerman.

There are MUCH more egregious cases than Trayvons death that were never even PROSECUTED....scary but true.

If you doubt this, then google Daniel Adkins. His killer never was charged.
I'd be amazed, not because of law or evidence. I just believe 12 [or is it 6] jurors won't agree to acquit. They might not agree to murder 2, but they'll convict of something.

I know, I know. Once in a while an unpopular defendant the media tried to convict manages to get off. I don't think this will be one of those times.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:45 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I could swear I heard quite some time back that it was determined there was NO EVIDENCE of a hate crime and that the investigation was over.
I recall articles and transcripts of FBI interviews. I don't recall anything from the Justice Department or FBI declaring there's no evidence of a crime and no federal charges will be brought.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:48 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I recall articles and transcripts of FBI interviews. I don't recall anything from the Justice Department or FBI declaring there's no evidence of a crime and no federal charges will be brought.
The FBI investigation is over, they found nothing.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
yup. much to the chagrin of the 'racism!'-screechers.

Quote:
An FBI investigation into the shooting of black teenager Travyon Martin concluded that there's no evidence the suspect, George Zimmerman, was motived by racial bias or hatred.
FBI report: No evidence George Zimmerman is racist - CSMonitor.com

Old 02-01-2013, 10:58 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
And wasn't he told by the police to back off? Had he kept a healthy distance from Trayvon rather than close the gap to get close enough for a confrontation maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't be on trial for murder and there wouldn't be a dead person.

Volunteering to be a part of a community watch group means watching the community, they are not self-appointed police. His "job" was to be aware of what is going on in the community and if there is something suspicious REPORT it to the police. He did report it to the police, and against the instructions given to him by the police, he took it a step further and pursued Trayvon.
Wrong, he was watching him, lost track of him, then got clobbered.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:00 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'd be amazed, not because of law or evidence. I just believe 12 [or is it 6] jurors won't agree to acquit. They might not agree to murder 2, but they'll convict of something.

I know, I know. Once in a while an unpopular defendant the media tried to convict manages to get off. I don't think this will be one of those times.
It's clear you haven't been following SYG law cases around the country. I again suggest you look into it as how you THINK things should work is no longer the WAY things are working in some of these legal proceedings.

Did you even read anything at all about Daniel Adkins? Worse situation that Trayvons and the shooter was not even charged.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:03 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Wrong, he was watching him, lost track of him, then got clobbered.
Were you there?

Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Aw, yes......that rather vague directive from the dispatcher when Zimmerman told him he was following Trayvon: "We don't want you to do that."

Now, I think to most people, "We don't want you to do that" would be interpreted to mean: "Don't follow him."

However, if you are an armed wannabe vigilante who doesn't want to let another "a**shole get away," you interpret that to mean: "Well, golly, we would kind of prefer it if you didn't follow him, but, hey! a guy's gotta' do what a guy's gotta' do!"

And now we have all these Zimmerman supporters (probably 99% gun-toting wannabe vigilantes themselves) claiming that Zimmerman was not told to not follow Trayvon. Pathetic.

I've often wondered if that dispatcher has ever regretted using such a poor choice of words, that maybe if he had given a direct order of "do not follow!" that maybe a teenage boy would still be alive, Zimmerman wouldn't be on trial, and the lawyers wouldn't be soliciting money on the internet to keep Zimmerman well-fed and comfortable to the tune of $6,000.00 a month.

Or maybe Zimmerman would have still followed Trayvon and the results would have been the same.

I just hope Zimmerman doesn't walk based on those seven little words the dispatcher used. I hope that a jury will see those words for the intent in which they were meant and not twist them like the Zimmerman huggers have tried to do.
Actually what the dispatcher said is "OK, we don't NEED you to do that". Which is somewhat stronger than "we don't want you to do that" .

And Zimmerman answered "OK", and then did it anyway.

Zimmerman had a previous incident while a customer in a store when a suspected shoplifter left the store and Zimmerman knocked the person down in the parking lot. Even though the manager on duty didn't want Zimmerman to get involved.

Zimmerman is a frustrated wannabe cop who due to his own criminal background is ineligible to be a LEO.

I don't think even telling Zimmerman not to follow him would have mattered.

Here is the actual transcript.

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN: Hey, we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy...
ROSE: Zimmerman gives the dispatcher a description of a young black man who appears to be, quote, "up to no good," unquote, with his hand in his waistband, looking around at local homes.
(SOUNDBITE OF 911 TAPE)
ZIMMERMAN: He's a (bleep). They always get away.
ROSE: Then Zimmerman tells the dispatcher that the suspicious man is running away.
(SOUNDBITE OF 911 TAPE)
UNIDENTIFIED MAN: (911 Dispatcher) Are you following him?
ZIMMERMAN: Yeah.
UNIDENTIFIED MAN: (911 Dispatcher) OK, we don't need you to do that.
ZIMMERMAN: OK.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:15 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I could swear I heard quite some time back that it was determined there was NO EVIDENCE of a hate crime and that the investigation was over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Glad I'm not the only one keeping up and being aware of facts. There don't seem to be many of us.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:29 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Actually what the dispatcher said is "OK, we don't NEED you to do that". Which is somewhat stronger than "we don't want you to do that" .

And Zimmerman answered "OK", and then did it anyway.

Zimmerman had a previous incident while a customer in a store when a suspected shoplifter left the store and Zimmerman knocked the person down in the parking lot. Even though the manager on duty didn't want Zimmerman to get involved.

Zimmerman is a frustrated wannabe cop who due to his own criminal background is ineligible to be a LEO.

I don't think even telling Zimmerman not to follow him would have mattered.

Here is the actual transcript.

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN: Hey, we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy...
ROSE: Zimmerman gives the dispatcher a description of a young black man who appears to be, quote, "up to no good," unquote, with his hand in his waistband, looking around at local homes.
(SOUNDBITE OF 911 TAPE)
ZIMMERMAN: He's a (bleep). They always get away.
ROSE: Then Zimmerman tells the dispatcher that the suspicious man is running away.
(SOUNDBITE OF 911 TAPE)
UNIDENTIFIED MAN: (911 Dispatcher) Are you following him?
ZIMMERMAN: Yeah.
UNIDENTIFIED MAN: (911 Dispatcher) OK, we don't need you to do that.
ZIMMERMAN: OK.
Ok, first off, what you posted proves nothing that Zimmerman didn't go back to his truck like he said he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies