Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2020, 11:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebx28 View Post
Too many women using abortion as birth control, now they can't give birth to children when they ready and married?
Comments.
Most other Western national have less abortions than US because they make it unnecessary in the first place.

In other words, the key to less abortions is to avoid unplanned pregnancies in the first place. This is why abortion rates decline at a much faster rate during Dem rule, than under GOP rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2020, 11:26 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
ETHICS! ETHICS! ETHICS! NONE OF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ETHICS!

You're talking about trivial semantics.
It has everything to do with ethics. What's ethical about convicting and sentencing an accused criminal that doesn't match the DNA evidence? Nothing.

A fetus's DNA does not match the DNA of any woman. Period.

Old 10-14-2020, 11:46 AM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Separate DNA means nothing. Separate DNA doesn’t override a fully grown living woman’s wishes.

Old 10-14-2020, 11:46 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It has everything to do with ethics. What's ethical about convicting and sentencing an accused criminal that doesn't match the DNA evidence? Nothing.

A fetus's DNA does not match the DNA of any woman. Period.
There are people called pathological liars who have massive amounts of white matter in their brain. White matter functions as the highways between different parts of their brain, allowing different parts of the brain to communicate. Grey matter is the stuff that does most of the hard thinking.

Because pathological liars have so much white matter, they can think very skillfully with different parts of their brain at once. They can, kind of, be lying, while simultaneously not having any idea they're lying, while lying as skilfully as if they'd planned the lies out carefully. They can convince themselves of their own lies.

Now, I have a question...have you ever looked at a red pen, said, "This pen is blue" and watched it change color?

I'm asking because you appear to be desperately struggling to distract me from the topic that's relevant...which is ethics relating to abortion, not ethics relating to anything else...and I'm not sure you have the self-awareness to realize that's what you're doing.

Again...ethics...relating to abortion...not relating to accused criminals or pink elephants or whether or not pink elephants should be allowed to testify in court...or whatever.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:13 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
DNA is in no way irrelevant. It's a unique biometric identifier for each individual, with very rare instances of identical matches other than identical twins.

Yes, we are talking about the fact that a fetus is a different individual and not identical to the mother. A fetus, both medically and factually speaking, is NOT a part of a woman's body. It is a unique individual.

Science. Why are lefties rejecting indisputable science in favor of "feelz?"
Which has nothing to do with being a viable independent person.
No one is arguing that each individual organism has unique DNA.
What is attached to or living within my body is part of my body be it a fetus with unique DNA, my eggs with half my DNA (like a fetus), mature red blood cells, a tapeworm with distinct DNA, Giardia, lice, ticks, hair or cancerous cell with the same DNA. And it is my choice weather to remove these identical or distinctly different DNA carrying organisms and parts. Especially those that are parasitic and can not survive without nourishment from my body.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:22 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
DNA is in no way irrelevant. It's a unique biometric identifier for each individual, with very rare instances of identical matches other than identical twins.

Yes, we are talking about the fact that a fetus is a different individual and not identical to the mother. A fetus, both medically and factually speaking, is NOT a part of a woman's body. It is a unique individual.

Science. Why are lefties rejecting indisputable science in favor of "feelz?"

You have proven that there is a moral issue. However as a legal issue? For example. one may argue that after I have satisfied my own survival , and provided reasonable subsistence for myself, is it not true that any money I retain from pleasure or amusement could otherwise be diverted to prevent death around the world? Is that not true?

No thanks,. I prefer the law to be constructed out of mutual self interest without the idea that you have a silent constituency that you represent.

Yes you have proven things much in the same way a Leftist does. They prove primitive scientific facts like a few bits of stained glass and build cathedrals of smoke with it.

Old 10-14-2020, 01:24 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Americans still arguing over something their president just occasioned the benefit from.

Regeneron: https://globalnews.ca/news/7385551/r...not-available/

THREE issues:

ONE, it's a treatment derived from the cells of aborted fetus's.
The Regeneron antibodies themselves are not derived from the cells of aborted fetuses. Testing for effectiveness did involve cell lines originally derived - decades ago - from aborted fetuses . No new such lines are being developed.

Trump is irrelevant to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
All those concerns of the woman and man should come into play before engaging in sex not afterwards. There is no reason for an unplanned pregnancy most of the time if precautions are taken. I'd be willing to bet that pregnancy for the most part is the result of unprotected sex then cry about it afterwards?
Half the women who seek abortions were using contraception. No method is 100% effective, including sterilization procedures.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:06 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where are you coming up with that 50% of people who do use birth control and what is your point? If you want to talk about self-inflicted illnesses then start a topic about it. It has nothing to do with abortion.
From statistics gathered from women seeking abortions. 50% say they were using birth control when they conceived. MY Gosh the point is that half were taking responsibility before engaging in sex.

Lets review

You said:As I said, take responsibility "before" engaging in sex by using birth control. Why is that so hard for you and yours to grasp?

My question was: and for the 50% who do?
The point is what about the 50% that do take responsibility. What have you to say of that.

And yes unplanned pregnancy is a self inflicted illness if one did not use precautions to prevent pregnancy. Just like lung cancer is self inflicted if one smokes, obesity is self inflicted if one over eats, Cirrhosis is self inflicted if one drinks, diabetes is self inflicted if one consumes a poor diet. As well people can get pregnant, cancer, obese, cirrhosis, and diabetes even if they take responsibility and precautions and dont indulge in behaviors that are risky.

I dont need to start a new thread, that is an analogy. Abortion is a cure for an unwanted pregnancy as chemo is a cure/treatment for cancer, insulin or proper diet is a cure/treatment for diabetes. So would you tell these others they just should have taken precautions and now just live with the consequences instead of seeking treatment?

Old 10-14-2020, 03:40 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
From statistics gathered from women seeking abortions. 50% say they were using birth control when they conceived. MY Gosh the point is that half were taking responsibility before engaging in sex.

Lets review

You said:As I said, take responsibility "before" engaging in sex by using birth control. Why is that so hard for you and yours to grasp?

My question was: and for the 50% who do?
The point is what about the 50% that do take responsibility. What have you to say of that.

And yes unplanned pregnancy is a self inflicted illness if one did not use precautions to prevent pregnancy. Just like lung cancer is self inflicted if one smokes, obesity is self inflicted if one over eats, Cirrhosis is self inflicted if one drinks, diabetes is self inflicted if one consumes a poor diet. As well people can get pregnant, cancer, obese, cirrhosis, and diabetes even if they take responsibility and precautions and dont indulge in behaviors that are risky.

I dont need to start a new thread, that is an analogy. Abortion is a cure for an unwanted pregnancy as chemo is a cure/treatment for cancer, insulin or proper diet is a cure/treatment for diabetes. So would you tell these others they just should have taken precautions and now just live with the consequences instead of seeking treatment?
They are lying then.

https://americanpregnancy.org/unplan...more%20rows%20

Adoption is the cure for an an unwanted pregnancy and it doesn't take a life. You comparing chemo, etc. to abortions? LOL! A child or a pregnancy isn't a disease!

Old 10-14-2020, 03:41 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The Regeneron antibodies themselves are not derived from the cells of aborted fetuses. Testing for effectiveness did involve cell lines originally derived - decades ago - from aborted fetuses . No new such lines are being developed.

Trump is irrelevant to the discussion.

Half the women who seek abortions were using contraception. No method is 100% effective, including sterilization procedures.
See my post #616.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies