Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:55 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times

Advertisements

Hatred, division and a collapsing political system in the

This doesn't describe the political system in the U.S.

It merely describes the current Democrat party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 11:52 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Perhaps you should read your own definition. Calling mr cain "uncle ruckus" just because he doesn't share your political beliefs is wrong. You do understand that.........right?

But it is not, and I will repeat racist especially coming from me. Are you even familiar with the character Uncle Ruckus?

Old 11-04-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Gee thanks but I was aware of that and no, I don't agree with either reverand wright or malcolm x. I'm guessing you do.
Considering that I listened to the whole thing and understand what he was saying and how it applies to the black american experience...well yes I do

Old 11-04-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The real bad racist whites ARE dying off; it's time for the KKK in blackface to follow them.
As long as there are people who claim not to be racist and still engage in racist behavior, it will never go away. Instead of being blantant about it they will go undercover

Old 11-05-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
A "nice living" that isn't anymore. That's kinda' my point. And yes, I'm definately blaming them.
I guess if unions never existed we would still have children working in the factories, there would be 60-70 work weeks, very little benefits such as retirement and days off, unequal pay for women and minorities and we would still have to deal with horrible working conditions which would include harasshment suites is this what you had in mind?

Old 11-05-2012, 12:04 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

Old 11-05-2012, 12:19 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
The Neocon use of religion to control the populace in the red states reminds me of the Russian aristocracy's use of it to control the peasantry, prior to the Russian Revolution.
I just listened to a BBC report about Missouri which featured elements of the same technique, using the anti-Choice activists.
Both parties do it. Who cares which method they use. Control is control.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:15 AM

10 posts, read 9,200 times
I don't see how people can take Donald Trump seriously, as he's obviously an attention seeking narcissist. Neither political parties can claim to be idiocy-free in their membership or allegiance.

There are fewer media outlets and reporters who truly attempt to be objective anymore. I find John Stossel to be quite fair; I'm independent/ libertarian so I tend to approach many issues from the same vantage point. Recently on Stossel's show on Fox Business he interviewed Pat Buchanan, I don't remember what the topic of the show was, but the exchange was rather telling. Stossel said to Buchanan that he thinks the ever increasing rate of interracial marriage in the U.S. is a good thing, but Buchanan shot him this brief look of disbelief before glossing over Stossel's opinion. The likes of Pat Buchanan scare me. Then when I try watching MSNBC, I get nauseous watching reporters label anyone who isn't on team Obama (or even dares questions his policies) as racist, closet bigot, or simply stupid.

So discouraged, I would try watch foreign cable channels, hoping to get another perspective on U.S. news. I was in for quite a shock last night. If you guys think American journalism is bad, you should try watching French journalists covering U.S. news, especially the presidential election. I subscribe to TV5MONDE, which is a French language cable channel showing dramas, comedies, films, documentaries, and news programs. Last night, there was a documentary about "Republicans in America". Okay, my interests piqued with that tidbit since I kind of knew where that was heading. The news documentary followed a family of Nazi-sympathizers/ white supremacists who actually greeted each other with Nazi salutes. It didn't stop there, as we are then shown an ultra-conservative, itinerant preacher/ self-publisher of anti-Islam books, and a handful of church worshippers who attended his lecture. The reporter voice over went something like this "These are also typical, Christian Republicans who will decide the U.S. presidential elections soon....." It went even more egregious in painting people with broad strokes after that. Opinion aside, what's funny is that the French reporter didn't even get his facts right. In the documentary he states that "Brentwood is one of the wealthiest cities in California" when following the preacher to his speaking gig at a small church. Problem was, the streets and neighborhood obviously wasn't THE ritzy Brentwood (Los Angeles) but Brentwood (Contra Costa county ), same state but big difference.

Then I turned back to American news channels and I feel a lot better now...to a degree.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:04 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

I couldn't agree more.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:08 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Lol I wouldn't be surprised in 80% of white men are going for Romney people need to realize that a change is coming time to accept reality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies