Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 04:52 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Does George Soros, Move On or MSNBC push people away from the Democrats? Do you use them to define your libbie selves?
Thats the answer. If you dont like the righties, then what about those lefties? Add michael moore into that.

If you base your decision on the kooks you will not ever find a real political home. Its like a family we all know the crazy uncle who has weird conspericy stories once the boose gets a flowing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 04:55 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
I am Libertarian and Coburn is one of the few {R}s that I like. I liked Beck when he was at CNN and I do not know what happened to him when he went to Fox. Trump sort of amazes me on how a bona fide idiot can make so much money and have people listen to him. Fox news is not fair and balanced and like other stations is partisan to the max.

The person I like some might consider a bore but I like Cavato he is smart and fair. The rest Hannity and others are nothing but a bunch of {R} party cheer leaders. I hate how they just go after the {D}s , they should try to shape up their own party and call them out when they are wrong.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:57 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
No, the ones who listen to these suck it up even more. Of course, they wear those tin foil hats and drink lots n lots of tea or kool aid.
In addition to those people (generally liberal loons) you have the far right crazies. 1/2 of their viewership is liberals who just love to rant and rave at them. Just look at posts here, like this one. When was the last time you say a conservative bring up anything said by Beck? Every day you see one liberal or another going on a foaming at the mouth rant about one thing or another.

The only people who watch someone like Beck are the far left nuts who aren't going to vote Republican anyway, even when the agree with them, and the far right nuts who are always going to vote Republican anyway.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:57 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,282 times
Quit being an 'R' and became an 'I' when the televangelists took control of the GOP and every election centered on abortion during the 1980's. Like there was no other basis to choose our president on except for their view on abortion.

Fox, Beck and Trump do nothing to make me want to return. I still vote either way, but don't see myself ever belonging to the GOP again.

In fact, I watched Fox news every day up until @ 5 years ago when, one day, Alisyn Camerota announced that Cuba would now become a democracy because Castro stepped down, and at the same time GB was building his bunker. Enough.

That, along with Trump recently trying to influence the GOP primary by saying that if Gingrich wasn't nominated he would run as a 3rd party candidate and now trying to pull what amounts to extortion on the sitting POTUS, make me wonder what happened to the GOP I belonged to.

So, no, they didn't cause me to change, but they do give me 2nd thoughts on ever going back.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:58 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Does George Soros, Move On or MSNBC push people away from the Democrats? Do you use them to define your libbie selves?
No. Unlike republicans, we can think for ourselves. We don't need no stinking media.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:58 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
There is a big difference... I'm not talking about supporting Republicans or Democrats, I'm talking abour crazy bull**** such as if you cant afford health insurance you will go to jail, our president is a Muslim who is friends with terrorists, the flu vaccination is a way the government will control your kids, Obamacare is so the government can control over population etc etc etc.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:16 PM

298 posts, read 948,663 times
and who are your fair and balanced people? Rachel Maddow, Chris Mathews???

Old 11-03-2012, 05:17 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
There is a big difference... I'm not talking about supporting Republicans or Democrats, I'm talking abour crazy bull**** such as if you cant afford health insurance you will go to jail, our president is a Muslim who is friends with terrorists, the flu vaccination is a way the government will control your kids, Obamacare is so the government can control over population etc etc etc.
What?

Old 11-03-2012, 05:28 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
before this week, when it comes to trump, i would have said yes. but now......... after trump's latest very visible birther rants i was amazed to see it reported* that romney's campaign is having trump record a robo-call in support of romney. so, either romney's campaign hasn't researched this and are just acting on a hunch (which i would find mind-boggling) or their research shows that trump would attract extra voters (which i would find mind-boggling).

*altho reported i have yet to hear of any official confirmation from the campaign or any report of an actual robo-call.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:14 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrinmass View Post
and who are your fair and balanced people? Rachel Maddow, Chris Mathews???

John Stewart At least he has proof to back up his comedy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies