Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 07:40 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,660,027 times

Advertisements

Good grief. Six rapists are victims of the system?

THAT is why "liberals" has become a dirty word to half the country.

It doesn't matter if you didn't get every advantage. Human have the responsibility to behave like humans. End of story.

I don't carry everywhere I go, but I can assure you that on balance, less evil is done by one woman ending the life of a rapist than a series of poor victimized women having their lives destroyed by one piece of human garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 07:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
This story makes me a little queasy....these young men are also victims in this whole "incident"......victims of a society that does hot give these young men a chance....what choice did they have...........NONE!!!
Every one of these animals had a choice.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:41 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,871,500 times
Oh please, get off the race blame, the rapists are victims comments, partisan comments.

Rape is an angry & rageful assault to control women...to brutally hurt, disempower. It is not a sexual crime as such. Gang rape is particularly ugly as it involves the pack/mob mentality...they all move as one-when if alone, a different choice might be made.

It would be awesome, and so helpful, if MEN would step up, as has OP Rakin, and openly & loudly denounce such horrible crimes, educate their own sons and be proactive on behalf of their daughters, mothers, sisters, wives. Our city has an organization "People Against Rape"....men and women working together regarding education and assistance to victims when needed...

Thanks for the thread, Rakin. Talking about rape is the first step to bringing this VICIOUS CRIME up into the spotlight.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 AM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Why, because the perps happen to be black? Any time anyone points out a crime and the criminal happens to be black, you scream racism. I suppose we could all sit back and ignore or blame the media for portraying young black males in a poor light. The point is, there are too many young black males involved in criminal activity and the black community as a whole has to take responsibility for the conditions these young men are raised in. So many are raised by a single welfare mothers in the projects, who only used them as a cash cow, kicked them into the streets to be raised by criminals to become criminals themselves. It is a revolving door and the only way it will end is if the system changes and quits rewarding these women for having kids. Maybe we should reward them for having less kids and for getting educated and working for a future that involves doing for your self! God forbid as white folks we should criticize, but if you are being criticized or judged, there is probably good reason for it.
This is why many Black people get upset. Let's just say many people don't forget. Because of the history of Black people being denigrated, and attacked in various ways, some people have developed a siege mentality. Some people can't tell if it's constructive criticism, a lack of understand about what has happened to Black people, or a flat out attack on Black people.

Think about this. Black people like my parents, and middle class Black people all over, have voted with their feet and chosen to leave neighborhoods where the crime rates has risen to epic proportions. Black people who have voted with their feet are taking responsibility for themselves.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:04 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
How about putting two in his heart and one in his head and the COPs pat you on the back and send you on your way....No questions asked!
I don't understand. Are you suggesting that this 14 year old girl should have been carrying a gun with her to school?

Old 11-10-2012, 09:10 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Why, because the perps happen to be black? Any time anyone points out a crime and the criminal happens to be black, you scream racism.
Try, some people never post these stories unless they're committed by blacks.
I've never seen the OP post stories about white criminals.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:20 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
This is BS.
No, it's not.
If a woman gets pregnant because of rape, either it isn't "legitimate" rape because then she couldn't get pregnant or they're gifts from god.

See below:

Republican: Rape Baby Is 'Gift From God' | Orange UK
Top GOP rally for Senate wannabe who said rape-babies are gift from God - AMERICAblog

This is my passion and I'm not going to let your side try to back out from their comments against women.
I will call them out every chance I get.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:23 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I hear that Chicago is home to a lot of Democrats.
So being Democratic makes people rape?? Okay Akin

Old 11-10-2012, 09:28 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
I don't understand. Are you suggesting that this 14 year old girl should have been carrying a gun with her to school?

at least then she could have protected herself. it is not like the cops have a duty to protect the individual citizen.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:30 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
at least then she could have protected herself. it is not like the cops have a duty to protect the individual citizen.
You want 14 year olds to walk around with guns?? GOP is more lunatic than I thought
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies