Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Reagan did immigration fix in 86 and Bush II tried in 06. Obama ignored it for four years and he got more Hispanics/Asians than the Republicans. I see no evidence that the GOP needs to push it. Let the Democrats bring it up.

Republicans have the Latino community scared to death of the GOP, so Obama didn't need to pander to them. GOP delivered them to Obama on a silver platter.

What is it about the GOP that they don't understand about Latinos? They are pro-life, pro-family values, pro-hard work, pro-christian, anti-gay etc, so they should be easy pickings for the GOP, but all the GOP does is drive them away with their "deport, deport, deport" rhetoric.

Obama actually deported more Latinos in 4 years than Bush in eight, and still won them over. Think about that. The Lationos accept the fact that criminals will be thrown out, but it is that GOP anti-Latino attitude which is the turn-off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 10:54 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So, in other words they need their Etch A Sketch moment. What annoys me is that although most politicians pander to a degree, this current party of the extreme and hateful, does not really stand by anything that they will put forth just for the sake of winning an election to retain or get back power. The Tea Potty has driven them so far right that the only way to make a comeback from the brink of extinction is to sever the limb that is dragging them down. Do you see that happening? These people are still trying to sell the virtues and benefits of voodoo economics because it is profitable for them. No one wants what they are selling and changing the sales pitch is just disingenuous.
Outlaw republican and conservatives intern them thye offer nothing

Old 11-11-2012, 10:55 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
The GOP and DNC both need to change their policies on immigration....illegal immigration that it. I don't understand this statement that only the republicans need to change their position, is that code for changing to accept illegal immigrants more and support them getting welfare or free health care?

Bot parties have said one thing but did another on illegal immigrants for the last 20 or 30 years. Recently a daughter of a head Mexican cartel gangster was caught trying to enter the U.S.A to deliver a baby so it would be a citizen and though she got caught plenty of others don't.

I don't think most republicans have a problem with immigrants of any background be that even black, hispanic or asian. Anybody that wants to come here to become a American and ASSIMULATE into the country is welcome. But illegal immigration places a burden on social services and it hurts wages for including any hispanic, asian or black Americans that are here by legal means.

The only reason I could see U.S.A citizen hispanic, asian or black Americans supporting rights for illegal immigrants would be a "stick together no matter what" mentality even if it hurts their wages and taxes.

The DNC and its liberals have catered to special interests for illegal immigrants for a voting block and the republicans have catered to business who gain advantages by using illegal immigrants and they have long talked about fixing the issue but only really pay lip service to the people but then do not much for the sake of power and money.

But....you guys keep voting them in.....

Old 11-11-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Republicans have the Latino community scared to death of the GOP, so Obama didn't need to pander to them. GOP delivered them to Obama on a silver platter.

What is it about the GOP that they don't understand about Latinos? They are pro-life, pro-family values, pro-hard work, pro-christian, anti-gay etc, so they should be easy pickings for the GOP, but all the GOP does is drive them away with their "deport, deport, deport" rhetoric.
Deport republican they have nothing to offer

Old 11-11-2012, 10:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Deport republican they have nothing to offer
huh?

Old 11-11-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
huh?
Do not deport latinos deport the republicans thye dont deserve to be here

Old 11-11-2012, 11:10 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:

Obama actually deported more Latinos in 4 years than Bush in eight, and still won them over. Think about that. The Lationos accept the fact that criminals will be thrown out, but it is that GOP anti-Latino attitude which is the turn-off.
I don't believe that immigration is the only issue that Latinos have problems with regarding the GOP. What about education? What about the obstruction by the GOP to block things that could have created jobs. Maybe they too are not buying the "family values" talking point of the hypocritical GOP? As for the gay issue...

Are Latinos Anti-Gay?

The unequivocal answer is no! Over 83 percent of Latinos support housing and employment non-discrimination protections for gay and lesbian people. Is this a new trend? The answer again is no! Looking at the nation’s leading Latino civil rights organizations as a barometer for pro-LGBT support shows significant national support for more than five years.

In 2006, the nation’s oldest and largest Latino civil rights membership organization, the League of United Latin American Citizens, founded its first LGBT council in Dallas, Texas. Next, representatives from LULAC’s 900 councils from across the United States and Puerto Rico passed resolutions in 2008 and 2009 at the LULAC National Assembly to sup- port equal treatment of LGBT brothers and sisters in the military and the workplace.

LULAC: Are Latinos Anti-Gay?

Also, The Nuns on The Bus Movement and the Catholic Bishops were vehemently opposed to the Ryan Budget Plan. It's not difficult to understand that Latinos are taking issue with the GOP's economic policies.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:13 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Old angry white guys need to be put on obama care and let them die they did nothing for the country and their voices need to be silenced. Encamp them and let them die.. I'm in tent 23 see you there
I just had to make sure this quote stuck...... You can come get me if you want me. The last time i told the court that it was some wicked cold Mista' and they could not find a volunteer. Imagine that....

It;s kinda funny too I have a open profile will tell people who and where I am and then there are people like you who will open their mouth but yet hide even a simple profile.

Who is the other white meat no mater you skin tone? Com'on crab cakes give it up!

Naw don't I probably don't wanna know anyway....

You lefty's sure can be ambivalent.

One second you say I am the bad guy, the next you become one... isn't largess going to FIX it all?

Oh that's right when that bucket runs dry, you will need to start all over...... huh

Old 11-11-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I just had to make sure this quote stuck...... You can come get me if you want me. The last time i told the court that it was some wicked cold Mista' and they could not find a volunteer. Imagine that....

It;s kinda funny too I have a open profile will tell people who and where I am and then there are people like you who will open their mouth but yet hide even a simple profile.

Who is the other white meat no mater you skin tone? Com'on crab cakes give it up!

Naw don't I probably don't wanna know anyway....

You lefty's sure can be ambivalent.

One second you say I am the bad guy, the next you become one... isn't largess going to FIX it all?

Oh that's right when that bucket runs dry, you will need to start all over...... huh
so will we be meeting in tent 23 or not?

Old 11-11-2012, 11:17 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,378,869 times
Quote:
Old angry white guys need to be put on obama care and let them die they did nothing for the country and their voices need to be silenced. Encamp them and let them die.. I'm in tent 23 see you there
we did nothing for our country....tell that to my friends who were killed in action defending your right to be an IDIOT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies