Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 03:04 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
He's sure great at that Mac.

Jesus Christ...I can barely make out what he is trying to say due to all the stuttering and jogging around.

Spit it out!

LMAO
You scared me for a second.....

I thought you were calling me Jesus Christ!

I will admit there are times when people will call me that, and every time I cringe. I only look like Jesus Christ,is from a distance man.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 03:06 PM

490 posts, read 650,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
probably because you are in a conservative oil-producing state ?
That's got to be it. That's why the whole country is still here and not fallen apart like I've heard so much about.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I don't think so.... he will do nothing as always, except fumble and stutter as he does. He will continue to spend like a out of control housewife, and cause the worst food crisis the USA has ever seen.

The combination of high fuel prices, natural disasters, and and EPA regulations will be his legacy.

He will go down in history as asleep at the wheel.

'IF' he leaves office at the end of his term, those who put him there, will hate his guts and be living in dire poverty in the streets.

Quote me on that, so we can all see it in 4 years, or when ever Obama is ousted which could come first.
I can't wait for the new EPA regulations that will do so much damage to us to be thrown at us. You know, those things that they held back till after the election. They would have all been thrown at us by now if he had lost the election

Old 11-11-2012, 03:23 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htlong View Post
this is Obamas second term it is his legacy making time ,I look for him to push Nancy P. and Harry R. aside and work with the republicains to get something done what are your thoughts?
Depends how willing conservatives are to work with him, or if they're going to do another term of stonewalling at the expense of the people just to play their pathetic little games.

and no... sending bills that they know won't pass the senate from the beginning and then claiming that they are trying to do something doesn't count.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Keep in mind that the American people also voted to keep the folks in the HORs as way maintain the checks and balances of the executive office. Obama's incumbancy did not create a monarchy or a "blank check" just for him to do whatever he wants and whenever he pleases. If the House shuts down his ideas, then the people have spoken as well because it is the people who put them in power
THEY don't realize that all 435 members of the House were elected this year, IMO. They keep talking about a landslide and then say that Obama who raised our national debt nearly $6 trillion spent less money than his predecessors. How stupid can that be?

Old 11-11-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Depends how willing conservatives are to work with him, or if they're going to do another term of stonewalling at the expense of the people just to play their pathetic little games.

and no... sending bills that they know won't pass the senate from the beginning and then claiming that they are trying to do something doesn't count.
Since the Senate has debated all those spending bills from the House, I keep wondering why we don't know exactly what is in them. All I manage to hear is that those bills just aren't worth wasting time on. Have you ever heard about the Origination Clause in our still in effect Constitution? No, then I wonder why the Senate hasn't written a budget for us.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htlong View Post
this is Obamas second term it is his legacy making time ,I look for him to push Nancy P. and Harry R. aside and work with the republicains to get something done what are your thoughts?
i think obama will start off by trying to work with the republicans, but in the end he will revert back to what has seemed to work best for him, demand that the republicans work with him, and lay the blame on them if they dont give him what he wants.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:35 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Since the Senate has debated all those spending bills from the House, I keep wondering why we don't know exactly what is in them. All I manage to hear is that those bills just aren't worth wasting time on. Have you ever heard about the Origination Clause in our still in effect Constitution? No, then I wonder why the Senate hasn't written a budget for us.
See:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
and no...(the house) sending bills (to)that they know won't pass the senate from the beginning and then claiming that they are trying to do something doesn't count.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:54 PM

2,549 posts, read 3,981,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
He wants to ensure a massive welfare state as his legacy. He will keep Nancy/Harry out there to take the blame if anything goes wrong. He won't put his name on anything that might hurt his legacy. He will push for illegal immigration and another trillion dollar stimulus spending plan. A massive check to green energy, shut down coal for good, put the federal lands and off shore areas off limits for oil drilling, get gas up to 6 dollars a gallon, get Israel to go back to the pre-1967 borders, more Islamic "understanding" in the USA education system and government.
You are absolutely correct. Also coal accounts for almost half of the country's fuel source for the production of electricity. Fossil fuels is around 70% which include natural gas. The over hype solar 0.029% and wind energy at 2.3% is hardly a blip on the radar screen when it comes to the country's energy needs. We will be on fossil fuels for a very long time unless they decide to cut the supply by making poor people do with less. When utility costs go up it then trickle down to the poor consumers with more expensive products and services. In order, to increase a welfare state of dependency you can't have more people with jobs in the private sector along with affordable goods and services for a sustainable economy. It's all about redistribution more going to government from the private sector.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:00 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Keep in mind that the American people also voted to keep the folks in the HORs as way maintain the checks and balances of the executive office. Obama's incumbancy did not create a monarchy or a "blank check" just for him to do whatever he wants and whenever he pleases. If the House shuts down his ideas, then the people have spoken as well because it is the people who put them in power

And that is the only silver lining in all this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies