Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 05:42 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
We no(w) know at the time that she relayed it what she reported was untrue.
She knew that even before we did.

It depends on what the definition of "is" is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 05:42 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Certainly one of the most blind allegiance comments I've seen.

He has not earned the trust to be believed a long time ago but yet his followers go whever he takes them.

How can they (you) take everything at face value and not be viglilent in your duty as a citizen of this country?

I don't do that with those I support
No, not blind allegiance on my part but blind partisonship on the part of the individual that doesn't believe anything the President says. If you start from that premise then I have nothing to say to you. When you present clear substantiated evidence of a lie, I'll listen but your statements of propaganda and opinion are worthless.

It's amazing that people that claim that they covet the truth so much would vote for Mitt freaking Romney

Old 11-14-2012, 05:48 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Well then par for the course! Obama, never seems to know a damn thing, why would she? You notice, he never seems to have answers to the important questions, the ones he does not want us knowing about.

But if there is a question, where credit is due, then by all means he seems to know a lot about that question.

Obama knows more then he is telling, come on now, most of us are not stupid, nor were we born yesterday!

Some refuse the truth, when the truth is looking them right in the eye!
Exactly. Obama thinks that we all just bow and worship at his feet. Well, he isn't a King, even if he wants to be.

I'm in Linsay Graham's camp. He told Obama off today, and I loved it! Obama thinks he is above the law.

We need to block everything he puts forth. We have the power of the purse. And if Boehner doesn't have the backbone, he should step down. Personally, I think Paul Ryan would be a great Speaker. And he wouldn't take Obama's crap!

Old 11-14-2012, 05:49 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Well then par for the course! Obama, never seems to know a damn thing, why would she? You notice, he never seems to have answers to the important questions, the ones he does not want us knowing about.

But if there is a question, where credit is due, then by all means he seems to know a lot about that question.

Obama knows more then he is telling, come on now, most of us are not stupid, nor were we born yesterday!

Some refuse the truth, when the truth is looking them right in the eye!

He's a pro at not answering direct questions.
It's apprarent to all that he has not answered them but he continues to do it.

If he's called on it those that do so are ridiculed.

Truth and honesty are no longer valued by many.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:53 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And she was made to look like a fool, because she made completely ignorant statements. We need a more intellectual thinking person as a Sec. of State, or are you comfortable with a Sec. of State who speaks about things she does not know anything about, does not cross verify, just because someone told her to say them?
This is just...silly.

You want someone that thinks and doesn't speak about things she doesn't know about? She did know about it to a point. Beyond that, there are few people at the level of speaking to the public who know all the nitty gritty details.

You do understand that most government officials that make statements and speeches, in any and every administration are briefed on the topic at hand, right? They don't check the information themselves. They don't have time to. And often times, while they know enough to talk knowledgeably, they are not experts on what they are speaking of. Other people, lower on the totem pole, are the experts.

Next comes dealing with the press. If they make a statement, it's already been written by other people.

Those people have first received clearance from the higher ups to say x, y or z. They have run said statement through the legal department and who knows how many other departments.

Before people crucify someone for statements made y'all need to first understand how the system works. What she did wasn't done maliciously or because she isn't intelligent or even because she didn't do her job.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:57 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Please write this in english.

Fixed my one missing letter typo.
Guess you are "making it about the little things".

Got anything of substance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies