Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 06:31 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,351,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
If nobody was harmed, why are you being so judgemental?
The tax payers could have been harmed to the tune of $80 millions for a "brokers fee" to Ms Kelly if someone hadn't come along and pulled the plug on that deal she made with people who should have known better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 06:31 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,516,811 times
Who knows for sure she is a Floozie? I don't but I don't know her personally and have only read a few things in the news.
Does it seriously matter if she is though? What would that change? Also, does it really affect your real life enough that it is a huge news flash? More media feeding frenzied blah blah is probably closer to the truth.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:11 AM

16,042 posts, read 22,044,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
If nobody was harmed, why are you being so judgemental?
Nobody was harmed? Let's see, on a personal level for starters, there are two spouses and two whole families that are deeply harmed. There is the moral image of a 'great general' that has been irreparably harmed; Petraeus as a figure was supposed to be a military role model. Now, I guess, anyone in the military will think gee, he did it, so my doing it is no big deal.

The greater harm, and that for which he should be punished on some level, is how he allowed Broadwell access to himself and most likely top level information through the affair re: the security of our country. Not to mention his involvement with Kelly and all that implies in terms of Kelly's seemingly lack of hardcore qualifications to be in the position she's in, etc etc. Broadwell's "qualifications" to be his biographer are looking more and more like a joke as well.

If this were just an affair with any old bimbo, it would be an entirely different story. Why can't big important men like Petreaus just stick to the better brothels?

Old 11-16-2012, 07:15 AM

16,042 posts, read 22,044,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The tax payers could have been harmed to the tune of $80 millions for a "brokers fee" to Ms Kelly if someone hadn't come along and pulled the plug on that deal she made with people who should have known better.
And what do you think it's going to cost us the taxpayers to carry out this "investigation"?

Old 11-16-2012, 08:30 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,351,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
And what do you think it's going to cost us the taxpayers to carry out this "investigation"?
Are you suggesting we should never go after waste and fraud in government spending because it might cost too much? Unreal! What's your tipping point? If Kelly had wanted 100 million instead of 80 million would that be enough to investigate, 200 million?

Old 11-16-2012, 08:36 AM

20,503 posts, read 12,453,739 times
Slow down people. the $80 million in question here is not U.S. tax dollars. She was trying to sell herself as a go-between, for a company trying to score a no-bid contract with the South Korean governmnet.

Now I do think it is super wacky that she was given this wierd title and I think it reflects terribly on Petreaus that he was connected with this crazy person.

Keep focus. American tax dollars were not in play here.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,203,616 times
What this scandal exposes (to me) is that the U.S. military seems to be engaged in a social program that simply does not need to exist. Why on earth do we need a program that provides special access to rich socialites? Why on earth do we need a program that seems to hinge on the ability of a man/woman/family to put together lavish parties for the elites to rub shoulders?

We need a military for killing enemies, and that's it. If Barack Obama were smart, he'd pare down and put an end to all programs that have ZERO to do with American military might.

I'm pretty disgusted over this scandal and what it has exposed, to be honest.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:45 AM

20,503 posts, read 12,453,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What this scandal exposes (to me) is that the U.S. military seems to be engaged in a social program that simply does not need to exist. Why on earth do we need a program that provides special access to rich socialites? Why on earth do we need a program that seems to hinge on the ability of a man/woman/family to put together lavish parties for the elites to rub shoulders?

We need a military for killing enemies, and that's it. If Barack Obama were smart, he'd pare down and put an end to all programs that have ZERO to do with American military might.

I'm pretty disgusted over this scandal and what it has exposed, to be honest.
why are you thinking this is military related?

Remember that the General is no longer a General. He is a civilian who until last week was director of the CIA.

The "program" is related to State I would suppose not the military.

unless someone can provide some link to make the military connection?

Old 11-16-2012, 08:49 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,203,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
why are you thinking this is military related?

Remember that the General is no longer a General. He is a civilian who until last week was director of the CIA.

The "program" is related to State I would suppose not the military.

unless someone can provide some link to make the military connection?
Because Jill Kelley was granted a special access pass to MacDill AFB in Tampa. She was granted that access by our military. She is known by military elites for hosting lavish parties. Anyone below a Colonel didn't get in.

We don't need this type of influence on our military, no matter the level, no matter the situation. Throwing a lavish party should not bestow special access to anyone, anywhere, especially access to our military brass. That's not what the military is in place for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies