Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 11:38 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
Not a big fan of Obamacare myself but it must be said that some 1,700 waivers have been granted, largely to unions and their members, as well as to a few favored corporations on the grounds they couldn't afford the president's affordable health care.

Read More At IBD: ObamaCare's True 10-Year Cost Out By CBO At $1.76 Trillion - Investors.com

There are some OP-Out clause

If I can't afford the mandate can I get a waiver too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 08:29 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
51 has a mandate.

51 has ALWAYS had a mandate. It's nothing new, and wasn't included in ACA.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:48 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
third party healthcare will be the death of us
Really? It's what we have now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
People who have no clue how to run a business should not be commenting on how to run a business.
That would exclude the vast majority of the posters on this thread.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:57 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Oh, yes! It actually is proof. My friend received that pink slip from one of the largest and most well-known corporations in America!
And they are privy to the books of this largest and most well known corporation? And a copy of those books and operating procedures were stapled to this pink slip?

It would be interesting to see exactly why this behemoth of industry did not already supply healthcare to it's workers as most do?

Only approximately 0.02% of all businesses - that's ALL businesses - in the US are going to have to do anything at all to come into line with the new regulations. That's about 10,000 out of 6,000,000.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Really? It's what we have now.
And he's right - it's killing us.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:02 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

That's what I've been trying to say for two days now.
It takes a while to get through some of these thick skulls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Exactly! I find it ironic that the "poor" and people who don't know how to handle their own finances thinking they know what is best for businesses.
What business do you run? What is your net worth?

Old 11-18-2012, 09:11 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751
Exactly! I find it ironic that the "poor" and people who don't know how to handle their own finances thinking they know what is best for businesses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It takes a while to get through some of these thick skulls.

What business do you run? What is your net worth?
Lets just say I have a right to say what I said. And I will say it again. Most people on this forum don't have a right to say a word since they never ran a business. Most are all about the handout.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Lets just say I have a right to say what I said. And I will say it again. Most people on this forum don't have a right to say a word since they never ran a business. Most are all about the handout.
If you were paying any attention at all, you'd understand that this mandate is about the individual, and has very little to do with business.

There are taxes and other parts of the law which will indeed impact, and I'm sure there will be multiple threads dealing with that as it comes up. But as far as this particular topic is concerned, it would appear to me that businesses will be able to layoff people left and right and as long as they shout Obamacare as they do it, people like you will fall for it and never give it a second thought, cutting off your nose to spite your face all the while.

And there's no "handout" in being required by law to pay for health insurance, as far as I'm concerned.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
If you were paying any attention at all, you'd understand that this mandate is about the individual, and has very little to do with business.

There are taxes and other parts of the law which will indeed impact, and I'm sure there will be multiple threads dealing with that as it comes up. But as far as this particular topic is concerned, it would appear to me that businesses will be able to layoff people left and right and as long as they shout Obamacare as they do it, people like you will fall for it and never give it a second thought, cutting off your nose to spite your face all the while.

And there's no "handout" in being required by law to pay for health insurance, as far as I'm concerned.
How do you classify the subsidization of Obamacare where someone else is paying part of people's health insurance premiums ?

Old 11-18-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How do you classify the subsidization of Obamacare where someone else is paying part of people's health insurance premiums ?
Anybody paying health insurance is subsidizing somebody somewhere.

If you have an illness that costs way more to treat than you've ever possibly paid in, do you consider that you've gotten a handout?

If you are paying for it, it's not a handout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies