Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 11:49 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,771 times

Advertisements

I'm sure most people wouldn't eat their pets for Thanksgiving, whether dogs, cats or turkeys. In cultures where eating dog is acceptable, it's not the family pet.

However, if food got scarce enough, Fido might want to run!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Did they ask Obama that question?
But our President is forgiven because he pardons a turkey every year

Just knowing another turkey won't get
his head chopped off - it just puts me into that holiday spirit.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:07 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Dog vs. turkey? The dog is far more useful than a turkey so eating the dog instead of eating the turkey would be an inefficient use of resources.

[no contest; white meat please with plenty of stuffing]

Old 11-16-2012, 01:19 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
I can think of no reason to actually eat a dog except to show my contempt for these people. Please don't provoke me to kill puppies just to spite you, PETA. I like puppies and I don't appreciate you provoking me in my almost pathological hatred for your emotional and sensationalist political posturing. If I ever eat a slice of bloody, puppy loin it will because this pack of eunuchs has driven me to madness with my disgust of them.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:24 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

I would have no issue eating dog, if the preperation is right.

My kid would eat it, as long as it looks like a hot dog or a burger. . .I would think it would be gammy/pungent, so I would have to try it to see/understand if I eat it twice. Dog meat is probably best in a stew.

But Dog Meat is part of the human condition, and not abnormal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat

To Peta I would say
1 - Dogs aren't very big and are stringy
2- I can't buy dog at my grocery store
3 - I can't order smoked dog (like I can turkey)
4 - no cultural history of eating Dog here in the US, unlike turkey

So to Peta I say. . Duh?

Old 11-16-2012, 01:31 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
The talk about eating dog is truly sickening to me. Luckily, it's illegal in most of the US.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:47 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Nothing they do surprises me. That is a low blow to me. And hell no, being an avid animal lover, and belonging to many animal organizations, no freaking way.

Animals dogs in general get the shaft in life from many people and bad owners, and have no say so, except for people who do care about them.

I love animals or my pets more then a lot of people.

Anyone looking for a pet this holiday season, please look at your local animal shelther, there are some great animals waiting to be adopted. Too many to mention.

The turkey will be just fine, but have to say we are slowly weaning a lot of meat products out of our diets. More fish for us, and chicken.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:15 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times
Would PETA go to Peru to fight for the rights of guinea pigs? In Peru, guinea pig is a delicacy...like squab, I guess. They are called "cavies". Pass the cavy 'n gravy, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies