Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 04:16 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,173,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
I don't know, the way ur running up the state deficit in New Jersey, in may well be us Southern states that gota bail u rich brilliant yankee's out

10 States With the Largest Budget Shortfalls - US News and World Report

And yall even got the big time taxes to go with it, brilliant
I don't know if you guys can tell time down there but you're numbers are from 2010 and pre-Chris Christie. We have so much surplus in the system that it would take states like Louisiana 453 years to pay us back.... and that would require Louisiana to actually show some productivity for once. We all know that's not happening for the welfare state.

If NJ wasn't subsidizing the unproductive south, the state would have plenty of money to cover its budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 05:35 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,862,739 times
Why would I want to pay like 12,000 a year property tax when I know u got my back

Old 11-23-2012, 06:37 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,369,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Since blue cities are where most of the violent crimes and murders take place anyone who isn't nervous there must be a liberal out of touch with reality.
Yeah because if you step foot inside city limits you will be murdered

Talk about out of touch with reality.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:56 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,314,372 times
Most conservatives are scared to drive through Detroit.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:08 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,671,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I have lived in the south most of my life so I have an understanding of the indigenous species here. Having said that, I avoid driving through Oklahoma and Kansas like the plague. They are simply the most boring drives that one would ever make, and when I have had to go to Texas I always fly. I love driving through Mississippi. There are plenty of knuckle draggers there, but the scenery is great outside of the cities.
But Oklahoma is a lot more scenic than Kansas. The problem is that the interstates in Oklahoma don't take you through much of its hill and forested country side. The main thing about the scenery I remember about Mississippi was like it was always driving through a tunnel because the land was so flat and covered by pine trees.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Why would I want to pay like 12,000 a year property tax when I know u got my back
Yes, this is the entitlement attitude of welfare recipients.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:04 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,208,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But Oklahoma is a lot more scenic than Kansas. The problem is that the interstates in Oklahoma don't take you through much of its hill and forested country side. The main thing about the scenery I remember about Mississippi was like it was always driving through a tunnel because the land was so flat and covered by pine trees.
That sure doesn't describe the delta region of Mississippi. Dead flat, mostly farm land, very few trees for miles in all directions. Route 61, Tunica going south.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:10 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,208,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
That sure doesn't describe the delta region of Mississippi. Dead flat, mostly farm land, very few trees for miles in all directions. Route 61, Tunica going south.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:30 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,965,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I don't know if you guys can tell time down there but you're numbers are from 2010 and pre-Chris Christie. We have so much surplus in the system that it would take states like Louisiana 453 years to pay us back.... and that would require Louisiana to actually show some productivity for once. We all know that's not happening for the welfare state.
If NJ wasn't subsidizing the unproductive south, the state would have plenty of money to cover its budget.

How about this from 6 months ago.How Bad Is NJ’s Financial Situation? [AUDIO]

It seems New Jersey can't support anyone.

“The latest report from Moody’s is once again great cause for concern for New Jersey taxpayers, especially considering the agency expects New Jersey’s economic and employment growth to lag the rest of the nation through 2014,” says Prieto. “The only people benefiting under Gov. Christie’s economic policies are the millionaires enjoying their Christie tax cuts. It’s certainly not those enduring 9 percent unemployment and a net 20 percent property tax increase under Gov. Christie.”

Old 11-24-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
How about this from 6 months ago.How Bad Is NJ’s Financial Situation? [AUDIO]

It seems New Jersey can't support anyone.

“The latest report from Moody’s is once again great cause for concern for New Jersey taxpayers, especially considering the agency expects New Jersey’s economic and employment growth to lag the rest of the nation through 2014,” says Prieto. “The only people benefiting under Gov. Christie’s economic policies are the millionaires enjoying their Christie tax cuts. It’s certainly not those enduring 9 percent unemployment and a net 20 percent property tax increase under Gov. Christie.”
I guess we're too busy providing welfare to states like South Carolina. Not every state gets to live off the federal government's teat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies