Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 12:17 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times

Advertisements

Where did Roy get this secret information if it weren't reported?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 12:17 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well you guys didn't want us to see Romney's taxes and kept going on and on about how it wasn't important and now that this is about Democrats, tax returns are all of a sudden important....strange.

Oh and I have a friend at the IRS, the yelling and screaming is probably what took it 8 months to clear it up....people generally don't like to be yelled at when they could be helping you.
It has nothing to do with releasing tax returns. I don't want them to release their returns, I want them to pay "their fair share." They aren't paying their share of the taxes, while mine go up.

Like it or not, Romney paid everything he was supposed to pay UNDER THE LAW. These people are not. And they are federal employee's, who are supposed to be setting an example for the rest of the country.

Not too mention, if Bush was the president or any other republican, you would be the first one frothing at the mouth complaining about how they are "tax cheats."

Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
It has nothing to do with releasing tax returns. I don't want them to release their returns, I want them to pay "their fair share." They aren't paying their share of the taxes, while mine go up.

Like it or not, Romney paid everything he was supposed to pay UNDER THE LAW. These people are not. And they are federal employee's, who are supposed to be setting an example for the rest of the country.

Not too mention, if Bush was the president or any other republican, you would be the first one frothing at the mouth complaining about how they are "tax cheats."
How do you know they haven't paid their taxes without seeing their tax returns?

Also, Bush showed his tax returns too, so on that end of it, I am cool with him when it comes to taxes.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:02 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
How do you know they haven't paid their taxes without seeing their tax returns?

Also, Bush showed his tax returns too, so on that end of it, I am cool with him when it comes to taxes.
If he didn't pay his taxes the IRS would have paid him a visit right? Or did Romeny own the IRS too. You loons were crying abotu his taxes from ten years ago. He paid what he owed. Now you let bammers boys get off scott free and all you do is continue to whine about Romney. Romney isn't even in this discussion. It's funny all you loons can do to defend the actions of dear leader is to somehow compare it to anybody and everybody from the past who you claim did the same thing. You vilified them but not the ONE. Pathetic.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:09 AM

37,155 posts, read 39,430,503 times
If the IRS finds you in fault, that pretty much means you have to pay them back right? Is there a sign that these people aren't going to pay those backtaxes?

Also, I managed to track down the original report that was referenced which includes a very rough breakdown for all civilian and military departments and includes retirees as well:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/79290934/C...RDI-2010-Final

though I didn't actually go through the original data itself (just the report that went through it and where it looks like the original articles were posted). It looks like the report was for 2010 if anyone's interested. The delinquency rate overall looks to be about on par with/slightly lower than the general population if this is just income with some agencies (don't know how to factor other taxes in or where to look for that stuff). Also, I found it funny that the IRS itself wasn't included in this breakdown (didn't look that deeply though, so maybe it's there or under another name or branch). How much does the IRS owe the IRS?

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 11-18-2012 at 02:27 AM..

Old 11-18-2012, 06:14 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I thought that since Romney we aren't to care about people's tax situations anymore. Why the about face?

Roy is just addressing the concerns of Dems expressed repeatedly in the past few months.
I'd expect you all to call your Congressman right away to have this looked into.

Lead the Charge!

Old 11-18-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Well you guys didn't want us to see Romney's taxes and kept going on and on about how it wasn't important and now that this is about Democrats, tax returns are all of a sudden important....strange.

Oh and I have a friend at the IRS, the yelling and screaming is probably what took it 8 months to clear it up....people generally don't like to be yelled at when they could be helping you.

Your argument was for the other side of this- go get 'em!

Old 11-18-2012, 06:29 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Come on cons, your meltdown has to stop somewhere.
You might think so, but you're applying a rational assumption to an irrational group.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:59 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post

Don't waste your keystrokes. It has been medically proven that Liberals have an area of the brain that is impenetrable to any form of logic, reason, common sense or anything anti-Obama.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Although ABC brought up this part in January the media forgot to mention it ever again when Obama went after Romney for his returns. It is very interesting to see how other employees of the federal government owe so much. For instance, 413 people in the EPA owe over $19 million. That figures out to over $46K for each person, on the average.

You see this is why Democrats are so eager to raise taxes, they don’t pay them anyway!

36 Obama aides owe $833,970 in back taxes – media silent : Fire Andrea Mitchell!

This appears to be a long re-occurring theme with them over the years;

41 Obama White House aides owe the IRS $831,000 in back taxes -- and they're not alone - latimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies