Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 03:06 PM

29,223 posts, read 22,437,924 times

Advertisements

Who created the comments and who edited them may never be known for sure.

In a fast developing event such as this, especially in the middle east, there are always a lot of conflicting reports coming in from all angles. There are also many agencies who receive the info- the NSA, the CIA, the Chiefs of Staff, and various Pentagon divisions all get pieces of info, and it's very flexible as to who, and how it is all sorted out.

Everyone has to use caution in editing, as any wrong slant can make a situation much worse instantly in this world of high speed communication, and it's very likely that several differing reports had to be weighed, evaluated, and combined to present to the White House. Then, it is up to the President's advisors, as well as the President and his press secretary, as to what will go in to the released statement. The info in the statement could be old and out of date by the time the announcement is made, even if the info is less than an hour old.

News agencies can be all breathless with a bunch of 'breaking news', but the White House has to actually deal with these matters while the news does not. Caution is usually better than drama when everything is still a bunch of unknowns. We have all seen what happens when a middle east nations becomes excitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 03:18 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,485,516 times
Look for Valerie Jarrett's name to come out as the person that actually gave instructions to change the talking points language in the CIA's official report in which it was explained within 24 hours of the event in no uncertain terms that the Benghazi consulate was attacked by terrorists. Did clown Obozo know that his boss (Valerie Jarrett) made the decision to change what the CIA had reported? Oh yes! The scumbag liar knew alright...

Old 11-19-2012, 03:23 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,744,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
what I bolded I will answer as that is the only question I see fit to respond to as the rest is just more nonsense ramblings coming from yourself. The picture I posted has no affect on you or others like yourself simply because you don't care. You are the one's consistently bringing up Benghazi and trying to spin it as some sort of conspiracy theory not the left. Stop pretending like you care that anyone died all you are doing is trying to push and push VERY hard for something to happen because you are angry and bitter that your guy lost. What you and the rest of the republican party should be doing instead of trying to do another 2nd term clinton re-imagining is focus on why your party lost in the first place. But I already know you will do that as again your party simply does not care.

It is funny to me the party that is all about "Taking responsibility" is the same party that blames everyone else for there failings or for their policy failings. GROW UP! And the only other part of your comment or whatever rambling you posted that I will comment about. The whole entire thread the whole topic is about what someone wrote on a blog. A blog is just that A BLOG it does not have to contain any bit of fact, because it is simply a blog. Who was this ladies source ? Do you know this person personally ? If no to either than find a reliable source that will report this.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:25 PM

114 posts, read 100,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Look for Valerie Jarrett's name to come out as the person that actually gave instructions to change the talking points language in the CIA's official report in which it was explained within 24 hours of the event in no uncertain terms that the Benghazi consulate was attacked by terrorists. Did clown Obozo know that his boss (Valerie Jarrett) made the decision to change what the CIA had reported? Oh yes! The scumbag liar knew alright...
The sad thing is that we need to empower a "committee" to get the truth out of this Administration.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:30 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,473,489 times
Quote:

Oh i bet ya a good one, that Obozo knew, and his whack job administration also knew.

They are trying to save the butt's, got caught up in a lie, and now cannot get out of the lie. He knows, and is lying about this, as he does everything else.

Such as moving forward, what a joke, forward is coming allright, more people losing jobs, more businesses closing. And found out on Saturday with some good realtor friends, housing, is still in the tank, in spite of what we are being told.

But this whole situation with our 4 Americans who are DEAD, is something fishy going on, tell one lie you tell another lie, and the cycle goes on. They lied thru their rotten teeth about this, and most people who have half a brain, were able to see right thru this.

To you that don't i know many fine americans from both parties, who do care about how are 4 Americans died.

We need to find out, so that this big big terrible mistake does not happen again, Steven's should of had the security he requested but was denied. Oh my freaking gosh, not since the 1970's has an American Ambassador been killed, under Obama's watch figures.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:51 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,485,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
The sad thing is that we need to empower a "committee" to get the truth out of this Administration.
The most corrupt administration ever...by a long shot. Scumbag Obozo is a pathetic idiot...

Old 11-19-2012, 05:01 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,350,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Reports are scrubbed to remove classified information from the state department reports, the only sad thing is that the republicans are devoting so much time to this issue with everyting else going on in the world. You heard Petraeus testimony from congressmen King and others, enough.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:11 PM

47,021 posts, read 26,097,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I'm trying to see where this gets us to the main problem........who told the military to stand down and leave American citizens to die......irregardless if it was a terrorist or a "spontaneous" event.......
Someone in the course of the 7 hrs attack repeatedly told the gunship in the air overhead, told the spec ops teams 2 hrs away, told F15's 45 minutes away to stand down.......
There were gunships overhead now? At this rate, you'll soon have yourself convinced there was an armored division encamped next door.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:12 PM

47,021 posts, read 26,097,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Steven's should of had the security he requested but was denied. Oh my freaking gosh, not since the 1970's has an American Ambassador been killed, under Obama's watch figures.
You do know who turned down the State Department's request for budget to beef up security for overseas installations, right?

Old 11-19-2012, 05:14 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,965,343 times
Quote:
The most corrupt administration ever...by a long shot. Scumbag Obozo is a pathetic idiot...

"uuhh hey yeah, I was there when obozo ordered those 'mericuns murdered. Will anyone on c&d believe me"??..."oh yeah, what's that poster's name again. And he will hold me out as a credible source, right"?

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 02:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies