Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 03:40 PM

488 posts, read 413,771 times

Advertisements

You know, if any of you folks (and I think most of you do) find the overt shift in journalism to be entertaining and partisan spew for the sake of a dedicated ratings club to be optimal...

With all these mad personalities spouting nonsense up to the rafters, claiming an indefatigable responsibility to inform people of the whole truth as they 'make' sense on behalf of their masters is what anyone would consider healthy reportage...

A bunch of noise-makers meant to keep people all fueled up and smug in manufactured controlled opinion is all that it is...

You would call all this cheerleading responsible reporting? You would claim this circus is an outlet for information? The MSM is nothing more than the National Enquirer or Star/People magazine for those who need to feel outraged- as a by-product of an outrage no one dare take on: the loss of a compass in a very ambiguous time. So many imperatives and so many enemies or wrong-minded people flailing about for substantiation on so many fronts. All of it concerning 'injustices' or creeping Red marches. The only news you can get from this sewer is that those controlling the media desire YOU be incensed & distracted, tearing at yourselves across the divide in furtive futility all het up & smug as they continue on in their rapacious ways. Works wonderfully and no one will ever touch or impede those so enthroned. Everything not MSM is related to tarot card status for the dissolutely silly. It's all rather sewn up. Americans, like the old Romans, love the coliseum games...

It really is sad. None of these professional opiners produce anything but madness- they invoke madness! Watch Stewart & Colbert, they are somewhat honest about their thespian proclivities- and people take them seriously, too! Serious enough to do their bidding when they guffaw & nod their media-opiated heads...

What does that say about the whole drama club that claims to report 'news' today? Their oath to speak truth is taken on a stack of Variety magazines and Nielsen Ratings, Inc. marketing reports.

Last edited by TheEternalSanctuaryMan; 11-21-2012 at 03:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 03:41 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,953,134 times
Thumbs down TV news is always spun.

News in general is spun by the reporter on the ground. The reporter sends it to the editor who spins it more. Screw TV news. All of it. (where is the flip the finger smiley ?)

Old 11-21-2012, 03:46 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,515,045 times
I can't take too much of MSNBC. Too partisan, for my liking. I do like a couple of the program hosts, though. Chris Matthews, for one. Rachel Maddow secondly. I was a huge fan of Keith Olbermann, and I miss his honesty, insight and passion for what he did.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:50 PM

629 posts, read 773,825 times
Maddcvow hijacked that channel for 6 months so she could prosecute some assemblyman in an obscure African country because he introduced a bill to kill all homesexuals. How TF can you watch crap like that night after night

Always aboutthe lesbians and gays, gets old

Old 11-21-2012, 03:54 PM

629 posts, read 773,825 times
So the thread is a lie. The most important hour in "primetime" is 8 :00PM msnbc is losing their arse in that hour to Bill Oreilly so they skip that little detail and start bragging about insignificant time slots and the idiot pundits who occupy them.

The title of this thread should be

Bill Oreilly still dominates primetime news and slaughters the liberal losers at msnbc

Old 11-21-2012, 08:11 PM

30,181 posts, read 18,770,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
and your IQ is?

Mine is the same as Marilyn Monroe and Sharon stone. I'll bet that you listen, and believe, all the material presented on MSNBC. Just think- you are in a league of gullible fools who lap up distorted propaganda, just as one would expect of a group of individuals who are too dull witted understand they are being manipulated. If they were intelligent, they would not be watching MSNBC.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:53 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,707,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
Maddcvow hijacked that channel for 6 months so she could prosecute some assemblyman in an obscure African country because he introduced a bill to kill all homesexuals. How TF can you watch crap like that night after night

Always aboutthe lesbians and gays, gets old
For sure. She's nothing but a Degenerus (sp) wannabbee, trodding about in those shoes. I laughed out loud the first time I saw her. Seriously, my first thought was, "who does she think she is? Ellen?" lol.

She did her college thesis on AIDS, for Pete's sake!

Poor thing. Her sexual identity is all she has.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,314,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Mine is the same as Marilyn Monroe and Sharon stone. I'll bet that you listen, and believe, all the material presented on MSNBC. Just think- you are in a league of gullible fools who lap up distorted propaganda, just as one would expect of a group of individuals who are too dull witted understand they are being manipulated. If they were intelligent, they would not be watching MSNBC.
So why do your predictions based on your analysis suck ass??

Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,814,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Fox viewers are intelligent enough to know the difference between a fact and a forecast.

Good God! Are people really so stupid they don't know polls are merely guesses? Well, based on what I read here, yep. They really are that stupid.
That's the difference between the mainscream news source audience and people who actually think before they vote.

Take CA for example; We (they) just voted to not label GMOs. Mainscream media was against it; chemical corporations were against it; grociers were against it, and they poured $50M in to fighting it. People are stupid, and Californians are once again leading the way in that respect.

Instead of actually reading the propositions, they listened to how they were told to vote in commercials and by the papers/media. Too bad it was all based on lies.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,483,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Just reading this thread and most of the CD boards will show you that lefties are FAR less informed. Anyone defending MSNBC as being in reality is just plain freakin off their rocker.
You have a valid point. Because most everyone who watches it, knows, it is the most slanted, bias as hell media network out there.

No being fair at all in any humanly way possible, the opposite, they have no heart. They are cruel and vicious and only one thought process for them, there is no other way, but their own.

Sorry but some of the other netws outlets, are more fair, having a blance of all political figures as guests.

And they need to get all new news anchors, some worth looking at would be nice for a start. Any one can play this game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies