Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 09:33 PM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So why do your predictions based on your analysis suck ass??
I assumed the American public was intelligent. Now that I know the average voter is an imbecile, I will adjust my expectations in the future.

Why not ask about my degrees, publications, or financial decisions? Those issues are based in fact and logic. Trying to predict "decisions" of invertebrates defies logic and analysis. It is like trying to understand a liberal- one would have to be very drunk or sleep deprived to accept those ideas as anything but nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 09:40 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,305,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
That's the difference between the mainscream news source audience and people who actually think before they vote.

Take CA for example; We (they) just voted to not label GMOs. Mainscream media was against it; chemical corporations were against it; grociers were against it, and they poured $50M in to fighting it. People are stupid, and Californians are once again leading the way in that respect.

Instead of actually reading the propositions, they listened to how they were told to vote in commercials and by the papers/media. Too bad it was all based on lies.
I was really surprised that Californians voted against GMO labelling. What reasons were the vested interests peddling to oppose it?

I would be interested to see some of the commercials - in the EU GMOs have been labelled on food that contains them for ages.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You have a valid point. Because most everyone who watches it, knows, it is the most slanted, bias as hell media network out there.

No being fair at all in any humanly way possible, the opposite, they have no heart. They are cruel and vicious and only one thought process for them, there is no other way, but their own.

Sorry but some of the other netws outlets, are more fair, having a blance of all political figures as guests.

And they need to get all new news anchors, some worth looking at would be nice for a start. Any one can play this game.
Since MSNBC does not purport to be a news channel showing 'hard news' (such as Faux) - there are no news anchors.

They are ALL political pundits. As are the Faux talking heads - they just can't admit it. Even to themselves. I'm not sure what the big deal is - they are what they are. They just need to get grounded in reality with it. Faux News is NOT fair and balanced and listening to O'Reilly bloviate is hardly news.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:05 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,687,176 times
As many of you know from my posts, you know I'm left on most issues. However, I will say that MSNBC viewers are just as susceptible to partisan propaganda as much as their Fox viewer counterparts.

Jon Stewart showed his frustration on this matter a couple of years ago while being interviewed by Rachel Maddow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkHq...e_gdata_player

Old 11-22-2012, 01:49 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,798,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
I was really surprised that Californians voted against GMO labelling. What reasons were the vested interests peddling to oppose it?

I would be interested to see some of the commercials - in the EU GMOs have been labelled on food that contains them for ages.
They pushed the notion that it was a setup for lawyers to prey on retailers. Since retailers aren't responsible for labels... can you see the utter BS that Californians bought into?

Also, right on the prop it states that CA completed an audit, and projected a maximum cost of $1M, or .03CENTS per resident. DuPont and Monsanto convinced the brainless that it would increase grocery bills up to $1B, or 1000x what the prop actually states. Some of their commercials claimed that grocery bills for a family would increase by hundreds of dollars each year... the truth=.03 printed right on the ballot.

SO, they voted for a $6B additional tax for politicians to use to pay down debt under the guise of saving the schools. Right on that prop (30) it states that politicians can use the proceeds to pay down debt, other than school related. Let's ponder this fact for a moment. Schools will be lucky to get 10% of the additional tax.

But poisoning our food without labeling it... sure go ahead!!!

Even Russia has outlawed GMOs

53 countries have either outlawed them or forced labeling. Not a single country has had their grocery bills impacted.

It is absolutely legal to lie in political advertising here in the US, unlike products or services.

The dumbing down of America is apparent to everyone, but Americans!

Last edited by steven_h; 11-22-2012 at 02:08 AM..

Old 11-22-2012, 02:04 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,798,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Since MSNBC does not purport to be a news channel showing 'hard news' (such as Faux) - there are no news anchors.

They are ALL political pundits. As are the Faux talking heads - they just can't admit it. Even to themselves. I'm not sure what the big deal is - they are what they are. They just need to get grounded in reality with it. Faux News is NOT fair and balanced and listening to O'Reilly bloviate is hardly news.
In other words, you listen to MSNBC. Just a heads up: As soon as someone uses FAUX, their credibility goes flying out the window.

Do you also use terms such as "Repubtards" too?

Old 11-22-2012, 02:35 AM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times
NewJerseyMemories...
What does Fox News "lie" about?

Old 11-22-2012, 02:51 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What disturbs me about these kinds of posts is that liberals seem to not quite understand the "Fair and Balanced" meme that Fox promotes. Fox is not saying that it is not conservative leaning, it's saying that if you listen to their commentary, and then compare that commentary to the left-leaning guests they have on to rebut/defend/disclaim the conservative commentary, then you'll see that "fair and balanced" is the approach they are actually taking. Each show has a conservative commentator that is usually cast against a liberal commentator/guest. Fox has never taken the stance that the foundation of its viewpoints are not conservative. The threshold is conservative, the discussion is the balance. This is one of the finer details that liberals either just don't comprehend, or willingly ignore in their attempt to discredit the "fair and balanced" theme.
They (liberals) are also completely incapable of the 'You Decide' half of Fox's 'We Report, You Decide' mantra. They have to be spoonfed their 'decisions'.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:32 AM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
In other words, you listen to MSNBC. Just a heads up: As soon as someone uses FAUX, their credibility goes flying out the window.
That's for sure. It just shows they can't accept the fact that there is a non left-leaning news station out there. I guess they think ALL news stations and outlets should be leftist.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:22 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,348,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I assumed the American public was intelligent. Now that I know the average voter is an imbecile, I will adjust my expectations in the future.

Why not ask about my degrees, publications, or financial decisions? Those issues are based in fact and logic. Trying to predict "decisions" of invertebrates defies logic and analysis. It is like trying to understand a liberal- one would have to be very drunk or sleep deprived to accept those ideas as anything but nonsense.

Lets have closer look at what all your supposed "degrees, publications, or financial decisions" amounted to..You want facts? you lost, and your logic was totally bogus.Care to admit you were totally wrong?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009
I am amused by the biased liberal polls, which sample 1,000 people across the US with a skewed demographic composition who "predict" an Obama victory.

I know of NO ONE who was a McCain supporter who is voting for Obama. Conversely, I know MANY people who voted for Obama in 2008 who are voting against him. I am sure that this trend is happening across America, as we now have a failed presidential record which tarnishes all the "hope and change" enthusiasm of 2008. Common sense tells us (despite what the liberal media says) that Obama does not have a chance.

Consistent with that is the prediction of the Univ. of Colorado political science professors who have developed a model which has correctly predicted every president since 1980. They have Romney winning.

Electoral College Prediction Model Points To A Mitt Romney Win In 2012

The only people who will be surprised on election day will be liberals, who have come to accept the pablum that they are fed as the truth.

Last edited by jambo101; 11-22-2012 at 04:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies